devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: devildeac's great adventure-warning: graphic content!

Post by bjornolf » June 28th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Hey, DD, can you have the champagne jello? My wife loved that one when she was sick. You make it with ginger ale, and it's all sparkly and has a little kick to it. Flavor I mean, not alcohol. Or maybe you could convince your wife to do jello shots with you. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:09 pm

bjornolf wrote:Hey, DD, can you have the champagne jello? My wife loved that one when she was sick. You make it with ginger ale, and it's all sparkly and has a little kick to it. Flavor I mean, not alcohol. Or maybe you could convince your wife to do jello shots with you. ;)

%%-
We didn't see the champagne Jello when we shopped yesterday. Damn. That sounds tasty. Anything beside what I'm drinking now sounds tasty. :oops: :roll:

That beverage would be Bud-lite-ly, err, Halflytely, which is an osmotic laxative consisting of polyethelene glycol and a buncha sodium and potassium. Come to think of it, the taste may not be THAT much different than budlite :roll: :oops: . Same effect though-multiple trips to the commode. :roll: Oops, here comes another rush to the lavatory...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:23 pm

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Hey, DD, can you have the champagne jello? My wife loved that one when she was sick. You make it with ginger ale, and it's all sparkly and has a little kick to it. Flavor I mean, not alcohol. Or maybe you could convince your wife to do jello shots with you. ;)

%%-
We didn't see the champagne Jello when we shopped yesterday. Damn. That sounds tasty. Anything beside what I'm drinking now sounds tasty. :oops: :roll:

That beverage would be Bud-lite-ly, err, Halflytely, which is an osmotic laxative consisting of polyethelene glycol and a buncha sodium and potassium. Come to think of it, the taste may not be THAT much different than budlite :roll: :oops: . Same effect though-multiple trips to the commode. :roll: Oops, here comes another rush to the lavatory...
Let's see. I added the orange flavor packet 1st and that wasn't that bad. Then, I added the pineapple so it would taste like a tropical drink. Nah. The lemon-lime was next and that made little difference. The cherry packet was last and now I feel like I am drinking a bad fruit punch. Ooops, one of the directions says "choose the flavor packet of your choice, add it and discard the remainder of the flavor packs."
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 28th, 2009, 7:27 pm

bjornolf wrote:First off, DD, you said you were joking about the graphic content. This thread is MORE than graphic enough for me.

Second off, Sue, while the procedure is not fun for anybody, you have to understand that for guys, this is something that is particularly bad, as we are trained almost from birth to avoid that kind of thing. You know, dropped soap jokes, horror stories, etc. So, for a guy, there's a certain psychological torture element that just isn't the same for women. Kind of like dad making you cut your own switch or pick your belt as a kid. Not to mention that MOST guys of "AARP age", as DD put it, have an at least SLIGHTLY enlarged prostate, which just makes the whole thing just that much more uncomfortable. :((

%%-
I'm calling BS on this. I had my first colonoscopy at the age of 26, there was nothing more humiliating than the visits that led up to the colonoscopy, or depressing when you're told you are at risk for colon cancer. Did I mention I was only 26 when all this happened? This isn't about being a man, this is not fun for ANYONE! Oh, and I get to have yearly mammograms, and yearly other womanly exams. You men have it much easier than us gals.

DD, good luck with your colonoscopy. Hope everything comes out okay. ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 7:28 pm

bjornolf wrote: ...for a guy, there's a certain psychological torture element ... which just makes the whole thing ... more uncomfortable. :(( %%-
I do think she gets it as do most others, but although you are correct with the mental torturing thing, all you can do is prepare the best you can in fun with those that understand or go ahead and self-torture yourself and then it is much more traumatic. Although I wasn't the other Friday CTN'r who had a soup and sammich shortly after the procedure.... I've been through the yearly male checkups for some time now and although it is not an experience I look forward to .... fortunately it is quickly over and one of those things that you just have to suck up as you get older in the name of being healthy. Initially it was embarrassing, but one of those things we must endure. The stigma of my Doc's name (which is Dr. Ram) had me a little apprehensive at first, but I can guarantee we don't joke about playing "drop the soap". #:-s
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 28th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Can you ask for a little anti-anxiety pill before you have the procedure? Just to relax you a bit? Valium?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 28th, 2009, 7:31 pm

CathyCA wrote:Can you ask for a little anti-anxiety pill before you have the procedure? Just to relax you a bit? Valium?
Duke gives some really good drugs to relax you. And, since you haven't eaten in a day or so, they act pretty quickly. :D :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 7:34 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Can you ask for a little anti-anxiety pill before you have the procedure? Just to relax you a bit? Valium?
Duke gives some really good drugs to relax you. And, since you haven't eaten in a day or so, they act pretty quickly. :D :D :D :D
Actually that is a great idea!!!! :-bd
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:39 pm

bjornolf wrote:First off, DD, you said you were joking about the graphic content. This thread is MORE than graphic enough for me.

Second off, Sue, while the procedure is not fun for anybody, you have to understand that for guys, this is something that is particularly bad, as we are trained almost from birth to avoid that kind of thing. You know, dropped soap jokes, horror stories, etc. So, for a guy, there's a certain psychological torture element that just isn't the same for women. Kind of like dad making you cut your own switch or pick your belt as a kid. Not to mention that MOST guys of "AARP age", as DD put it, have an at least SLIGHTLY enlarged prostate, which just makes the whole thing just that much more uncomfortable. :((

%%-
Oops, missed this one earlier.

I think you've got that pretty well pegged.

At least I'll get some of the good drugs to make it tolerable and forgettable... :roll: :lol:

I hope...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:41 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

%%-
I'm calling BS on this. I had my first colonoscopy at the age of 26, there was nothing more humiliating than the visits that led up to the colonoscopy, or depressing when you're told you are at risk for colon cancer. Did I mention I was only 26 when all this happened? This isn't about being a man, this is not fun for ANYONE! Oh, and I get to have yearly mammograms, and yearly other womanly exams. You men have it much easier than us gals.

DD, good luck with your colonoscopy. Hope everything comes out okay. ;) ;)
"...everything comes out OK." Thanks. I know what you meant but that sure is a mildly amusing way to phrase it. :roll: :)) :((
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:44 pm

I believe I'll have some IV Versed and Demerol in all likelihood ;) :D . These procedures are done with conscious sedation so you are mild to moderately sedated and should remember little, if anything, about the procedure.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Time for some more Halflytely. Wonder how this would taste with a shot of rum or whiskey...

Just sayin...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 7:48 pm

devildeac wrote:Time for some more Halflytely. Wonder how this would taste with a shot of rum or whiskey...

Just sayin...
I'm just sayin ... probably pretty good and will help you sleep, no doubt!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 7:52 pm

By the way, did you have a good weekend at the beach? I saw your post about dinner the other night ... .OMG.. You had great weather! :-bd
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:53 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:Time for some more Halflytely. Wonder how this would taste with a shot of rum or whiskey...

Just sayin...
And I am NOT going to suggest this as a mixer for one of your 'tinis :roll: :oops:

Hmm, unless you are serving it to a kerlina fan... ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:57 pm

cl15876 wrote:By the way, did you have a good weekend at the beach? I saw your post about dinner the other night ... .OMG.. You had great weather! :-bd
Yes, we did. If you are referring to the dinner and beer review, that was actually a medical lecture on Thursday in Raleigh. We did have a thunderstorm last PM after we had returned from dinner. Otherwise, the weather was quite nice.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 8:03 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

Just sayin...
And I am NOT going to suggest this as a mixer for one of your 'tinis :roll: :oops:

Hmm, unless you are serving it to a kerlina fan... ;)
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Roger that!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F

HOW IRONIC THAT Bunch of #'s GETS A 600+ POST WITH A BUNCH OF 9F'S :)) :)) :))
Last edited by cl15876 on June 28th, 2009, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » June 28th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Hey devildeac, you'll be fine. I'm pleased that you've been able to stay online considering all the exercise you must have been getting today with the to-ing and fro-ing.

Colonoscopies are a snap, I had mine a little earlier than AARP age but it "tweren't nuthin'". EVERYBODY should get one when the doctor says to, anyway. Don't be scaredy cats :-s . You dudes get a free prostate exam while you're under, too, usually and it's nice to get that over with isn't it? At least that's what my husband said.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 8:48 pm

It is official now. My ENTIRE intestinal tract is now absolutely/completely free of any mucosal lining, brush border enzymes or anything else that used to reside there. The instructions say that I must continue drinking clear liquids until midnight, if I stay awake that long, until the "return is clear."

The good thing is, the IPA I have in the 'fridge is a "clear" liquid. The bad thing is, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it too much tonight. :cry: :cry: :(( :((

Oh well, that'll be two for tomorrow night then. :D :)) Ya know, rehydration. :roll: :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 8:52 pm

weezie wrote:Hey devildeac, you'll be fine. I'm pleased that you've been able to stay online considering all the exercise you must have been getting today with the to-ing and fro-ing.

Colonoscopies are a snap, I had mine a little earlier than AARP age but it "tweren't nuthin'". EVERYBODY should get one when the doctor says to, anyway. Don't be scaredy cats :-s . You dudes get a free prostate exam while you're under, too, usually and it's nice to get that over with isn't it? At least that's what my husband said.
Thanks. I am really not that worried about it. Today has been pretty much as expected and it is scheduled for 830 AM tomorrow, so I should be at Hardee's for a biscuit or three before they shut down the breakfast menu. :D If not, I am just about certain it will be a cheesesteak. :D