GT @ Duke. 12:30 KO. Menu & attendance thread.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: GT @ Duke. 12:30 KO. Menu & attendance thread.

Post by devildeac » November 18th, 2011, 11:17 am

We'll bring homemade chocolate chip muffins. We did not grow the cacao beans, sugar cane plants, wheat or the cows that produced the buttermilk that we need to consume but the muffins will be assembled in our household tonight or in the AM tomorrow. And they will be deeeeelicious!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » November 18th, 2011, 2:05 pm

I know the disappointment it will be for all, but it just ain't workin' out for me. The leaves on the ground here are still too wet to be able to do much with, today. I've got too much to do and too little time to get it done. Time change back to standard time is not helping. A complete day away from work is about the only way I can have enough time to perform this Hellacious chore.

It would be great if my neighbor would sweep up all these things. After all, they came from his oak trees. And to be fair, he used to do it, but now he's just turned 96 years old and is no longer the 'Spring Chicken' he used to be. I'm gonna have to cheer on from the edges of a pile of dead foliage. At least, unless the leaf fairies should magically appear overnight and take them away. The last time I called on them, they said they really didn't like me too much. :twitch: To be fair to the fairies, I was really drunk at that time.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » November 18th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Party of one. Beverages and $. See ya there! :D AW.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 18th, 2011, 4:09 pm

captmojo wrote:I know the disappointment it will be for all, but it just ain't workin' out for me. The leaves on the ground here are still too wet to be able to do much with, today. I've got too much to do and too little time to get it done. Time change back to standard time is not helping. A complete day away from work is about the only way I can have enough time to perform this Hellacious chore.

It would be great if my neighbor would sweep up all these things. After all, they came from his oak trees. And to be fair, he used to do it, but now he's just turned 96 years old and is no longer the 'Spring Chicken' he used to be. I'm gonna have to cheer on from the edges of a pile of dead foliage. At least, unless the leaf fairies should magically appear overnight and take them away. The last time I called on them, they said they really didn't like me too much. :twitch: To be fair to the fairies, I was really drunk at that time.
Dont piss off the fairies!!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 18th, 2011, 9:07 pm

captmojo wrote:I know the disappointment it will be for all, but it just ain't workin' out for me. The leaves on the ground here are still too wet to be able to do much with, today. I've got too much to do and too little time to get it done. Time change back to standard time is not helping. A complete day away from work is about the only way I can have enough time to perform this Hellacious chore.

Heck! We will miss you. :(
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 18th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Heck...I'm gonna miss y'all. But, I am still on here. :ymhug: :ymblushing:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 19th, 2011, 12:00 am

DukePA wrote:

Dont piss off the fairies!!!!
Better pissed off than pissed on. B-) Tell those leaves they can just mulch themselves this winter and take the day off and come visit us! It's still too wet to rake anyway...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 19th, 2011, 9:42 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Better pissed off than pissed on. B-) Tell those leaves they can just mulch themselves this winter and take the day off and come visit us! It's still too wet to rake anyway...
Don't think for an instant that it hasn't been considered. :-?
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 19th, 2011, 10:48 am

It's lookin' less and less like we'll make it over before kick off. It's a hairy day and I don't move as fast as I did in my hey day....or hay day... or what the heck kind of day that's supposed to be. We'll be doin' good to make game time. It's a beautiful football day. Bet the food over there is fab!
Go Duke! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe