Final TB'CC of '11, Duke vs. GT@12:30 PM - Social Discussion

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Final TB'CC of '11, Duke vs. GT@12:30 PM - Social Discus

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Yes, Ozzie, Ima out did herself creating that button. I think you will agree we are all loyal Duke fans. Anyone who thinks differently doesn't know us and its extremely doubtful they ever will. I don't worry what those folks opinion may be. I love our TBCC group. :ymhug:

:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: GT @ Duke. 12:30 KO. Menu & attendance thread.

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 16th, 2011, 10:12 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Me and maybe Adam and Kyle. If they come, I will need 2 more tickets. I'll give money. :duke:
I sent you a PM.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 16th, 2011, 12:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Me and maybe Adam and Kyle. If they come, I will need 2 more tickets. I'll give money. :duke:
I sent you a PM.
I'm leaving this in the attendance thread since it affects attendance, but FYI Duke apparently sent out an email to season ticket holders that they should get 2 free tickets to this upcoming game to invite friends with.
Perhaps the email went to Iron Duke season tix holders as I did not get that email. I/We have the employee plan.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 16th, 2011, 12:48 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I sent you a PM.
I'm leaving this in the attendance thread since it affects attendance, but FYI Duke apparently sent out an email to season ticket holders that they should get 2 free tickets to this upcoming game to invite friends with.
Yup. We give money to the Iron Dukes, we buy our season tickets, and then Duke gives away free tickets. We're having a hard time finding anyone who wants to use our two free tickets, but it's only Wednesday. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 16th, 2011, 7:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:Yup. We give money to the Iron Dukes, we buy our season tickets, and then Duke gives away free tickets. We're having a hard time finding anyone who wants to use our two free tickets, but it's only Wednesday. . .

This reminds me of a story my uncle tells about the lean years of Arkansas Razorbacks football. He was trying to sell 2 tickets for a Razorback game and wasn't having any luck. He then resorted to trying to give them away. Still, no luck. While on a business trip to Hot Springs, he left the tickets sitting on the front seat of his car. He returned to his car to discover that someone had broken into his car and left 2 more tickets to the upcoming game. :twitch: :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 16th, 2011, 8:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Yup. We give money to the Iron Dukes, we buy our season tickets, and then Duke gives away free tickets. We're having a hard time finding anyone who wants to use our two free tickets, but it's only Wednesday. . .

This reminds me of a story my uncle tells about the lean years of Arkansas Razorbacks football. He was trying to sell 2 tickets for a Razorback game and wasn't having any luck. He then resorted to trying to give them away. Still, no luck. While on a business trip to Hot Springs, he left the tickets sitting on the front seat of his car. He returned to his car to discover that someone had broken into his car and left 2 more tickets to the upcoming game. :twitch: :D
That is sad...but funny. :)) :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 17th, 2011, 7:45 am

dpslaw wrote:By the way, if Tom does decide to come, he's bringing Founders Breakfast Stout!

Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore :ymblushing: . I'm not sure it can be found in the state of NC due to its >15% ABV (IIRC), but Founder's KBS, or Kentucky Bourbon/Breakfast Stout is an outrageously good beer.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 17th, 2011, 8:50 am

devildeac wrote:
dpslaw wrote:By the way, if Tom does decide to come, he's bringing Founders Breakfast Stout!

Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore :ymblushing: . I'm not sure it can be found in the state of NC due to its >15% ABV (IIRC), but Founder's KBS, or Kentucky Bourbon/Breakfast Stout is an outrageously good beer.
And of course, my favorite breakfast beer, Magic Hat #9! When I've bought it in stores, I've bought it in bottles. What I didn't know until last week was, when I order it at Tyler's, they pour it from a can into a glass before serving it. I guess when it was featured it for "pint night" it was on tap, but ever since then, they carry it in cans. It's on the menu that way, and I saw them do that with my Newcastle Brown Ale when I sat at the bar waiting for a table last week. I was ... surprised. Ignorance is bliss I guess. 8-}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com