Happy 50th CathyCA!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Happy 50th CathyCA!!

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:27 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Happy Birthday!! :occasion-gift: :occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-cake: :occasion-candle:
Thank you, VDB!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Happy birthday! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f: ^:)^ :-BD :dance: :occasion-candle: :occasion-cake: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-gift:
Thank you, lawgrad91!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm

DukePA wrote:Happy, happy birthday!!!!!!!! :o) :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :x :D :ymparty: :ymparty:
Thank you, DukePA!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:31 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Happy Birthday Cathy! :ymparty: B-)

And many more! :9f: Hope all your important wishes come true!
Thank you, Ozzie! I'm looking forward to many more birthdays, and I'm hoping that all my important (and not so important) wishes come true!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:32 pm

captmojo wrote::-? Quite an enterprising Walmart shopper.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
@};- :obscene-smokingweed: (Well...they have flowers on them) :happy-smileyflower: @};-
:poo: (Ooops! No flowers on that. Well...you could pin a rose on it. :D )

:happy-wavemulticolor:
:occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-cake:
Thank you, Captain!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:36 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Still your birthday out here, Cathy, so I'm hoping it's a happy one! Congrats on a great milestone, and best wishes for the next 50 years! :ymhug:

:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue:
Thank you for helping me stretch out my birthday celebration, DA!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:37 pm

Cheermom wrote:Hope you had a wonderful day. :ymparty:
Thanks, Cheermom! It was a wonderful day!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:45 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Happy birthday!!!
Thank you, DukeUsul!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm

shereec wrote:Belated Birthday wishes. I hope it was a marvelous day!
:ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Thank you for helping me stretch out my birthday celebration, Sheree! It was a marvelous day!

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 2nd, 2011, 7:02 am

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Happy Birthday!! :occasion-gift: :occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-cake: :occasion-candle:
Thank you, VDB!

Your welcome. :ymhug:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 2nd, 2011, 8:41 am

CathyCA wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Congrats, Cathy!!

Did you do the ceremonial AARP card burning yet? :D
FWIW, mine was a ceremonial card shred. ;)
Thank you, Lavabe! I should do an AARP card tally. So far, they've sent me 2 applications for membership. The way I view it, I should never join their organization since I will never be able to retire. I'll need to work until I die.

Happy Belated Birthday, Cathy!

One question: Why will you need to work until you die? You are a fit and healthy looking woman, and should live along time. It doesn't take age to retire, just Money.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday and ate lots of cupcakes! Here Here! Cheers!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 2nd, 2011, 11:31 am

CathyCA wrote:

Thank you, Lavabe! I should do an AARP card tally. So far, they've sent me 2 applications for membership. The way I view it, I should never join their organization since I will never be able to retire. I'll need to work until I die.

Rev Lawgrad joined last year, after discovering the hotel rate for UMC conference was $20/night less on AARP rate than it was on AAA. I got a card too, even though I haven't reached the half-century. I've been told that their car insurance rates are great, though I haven't looked.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2011, 1:59 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Happy Belated Birthday, Cathy!

One question: Why will you need to work until you die? You are a fit and healthy looking woman, and should live along time. It doesn't take age to retire, just Money.
Hope you enjoyed your birthday and ate lots of cupcakes! Here Here! Cheers!

I think you answered your own question.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2011, 2:02 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Rev Lawgrad joined last year, after discovering the hotel rate for UMC conference was $20/night less on AARP rate than it was on AAA. I got a card too, even though I haven't reached the half-century. I've been told that their car insurance rates are great, though I haven't looked.
Having grown up in a United Methodist parsonage, I can assure you that the one thing I will never ever need is a hotel rate for a UMC conference. Been there, done that, got the moving boxes to prove it. I am off of that merry-go-round forever!

Back to the AARP: I just can't join anything that has the word "retired" in it. I'm not qualified.

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 3rd, 2011, 9:20 am

LOL!

AARP! What are the benefits of the AARP card? Are rates better with AARP vs AAA?

I know AARP has the auto club like AAA..... but I have not investigated it enough. Perhaps it is on the Clark Howard website...... Save More, and Spend Less. I love his talk show.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 3rd, 2011, 9:28 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:LOL!

AARP! What are the benefits of the AARP card? Are rates better with AARP vs AAA?

I know AARP has the auto club like AAA..... but I have not investigated it enough. Perhaps it is on the Clark Howard website...... Save More, and Spend Less. I love his talk show.
AARP has a wide variety of services and discounts. Sometimes the discounts for hotels or car rental are lower than AAA.

One note about discounts: AAA/AARP aren't always the lowest rate for a room or car rental. Many times the discount is applied to one of the higher rack rates. "Best rate" or something similar may be lower. The same thing is true of corporate discount rates. I know this because I've been a professional travel planner with access to all the rates.