Vibes for KewlSwim and Nora

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for KewlSwim and Nora

Post by lawgrad91 » August 13th, 2011, 12:57 pm

DukePA wrote:My eyes are tearing up with joy!!! Welcome home Nora!!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes did, too. Something told me to check his Facebook status on the iTouch while I was running the vacuum. I'm sure I vacuumed the same spot for 5 minutes!

What Windsor said, as well. It is amazing that Nora came home, considering this hadn't been her home for long and she was in an unfamiliar place. I think she had a little help from above. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 13th, 2011, 1:38 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
DukePA wrote:My eyes are tearing up with joy!!! Welcome home Nora!!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes did, too. Something told me to check his Facebook status on the iTouch while I was running the vacuum. I'm sure I vacuumed the same spot for 5 minutes!

What Windsor said, as well. It is amazing that Nora came home, considering this hadn't been her home for long and she was in an unfamiliar place. I think she had a little help from above. :O3
Nora's return is a testament to the strength of the bond that formed in a short time.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2011, 3:59 pm

YAY! I'm so happy for Max and Nora!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 13th, 2011, 4:02 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :-* :ymhug: :dance: :clap: Such good news!!! Nora, your a very smart dog. :O3
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 13th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote::happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :-* :ymhug: :dance: :clap: Such good news!!! Nora, your a very smart dog. :O3
..... and Nora must love Kewlswim very, very much to make such a valiant effort to get home!
Hugs all 'round!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2011, 9:15 pm

It really is amazing she made it home. She's only lived there two months. Prior to that she was in what is essentially a high end puppy mill (meaning her purpose was to make puppies but her overall care was decent in terms of food/vet care/cleanliness). She lived in a kennel run. She had no social skills and very little exposure to the real world (she was not, for example, housebroken...but she caught on in a matter of days). She's submissive and easily spooked because of her limitted socialization. I've spoken and e-mail with Kewlswim about her several times. Given what I know of her for her to bolt from the dog walker something scared her. A terrified dog will run with no regard to direction until their fear abates. She probably covered a good distance. My guess is her nose led her home. Kewl was out looking for her in the vicinity she was spotted and given that he is the only love and security she has ever known she probably locked on to his scent and followed it (in a less than linear manner I'm sure) all the way to his door. If bloodhounds can tell if a car carrying the target got off the interstate at an exit by the tiny amount of scent that escapes a moving vehicle then a lab (who have darn good noses) can track her person. Her shy and somewhat fearful nature probably cause her to make several detours along the way. She showed up in the morning because she was moving when the world was quietest.
I can't even begin to say how thrilled and relieved I am she made it home. I feared it would not end well (my best hope was that someone would be able to get close enough to her to get hold of her they would take her in and he'd find her that way - that's where being a lab and not a pit works in the dogs favor, people will approach a lab without heistation).

Nora rocks! Three tails are wagging for Nora in Windsor's house.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2011, 9:44 pm

When you fill in all the details, windsor, it is truly amazing that Nora made it home. Great news ideed! :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 13th, 2011, 11:17 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lost pet vibes are very effective.
:-BD :-BD :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 14th, 2011, 6:07 am

Great news! I'm very glad she found her way back to a home where she is loved and cared for and can just be a dog.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 14th, 2011, 10:36 am

I sent Max a link to this thread last night and here is his reply:

Max Pollak
Wow..I'm blown away. I wanted to post a "thank you to everyone" and couldn't login. I sent a note to the Administrator. This is so amazing, my Nora girl is home and I am as happy as a clam. I have been happy all day and Nora is happy. What a great day.

I am so thrilled for them and thrilled to be a CrazieTalker!!!! GO DUKE!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 14th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Lavabe wrote::happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lost pet vibes are very effective.
:-BD :-BD :-BD
So is DNA.
:animals-dogrun:
There is no sniffing dog smilie.
Glad she made it back.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"