So, we got a new pet...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: So, we got a new pet...

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Lavabe, you'll be so proud of me for pronouncing sifaka correctly while watching the lemur piece on NC's PBS show, Our State.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 24th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Great info, Lavabe! I always thought it was kind of a weird lookin' lemur, but not being the expert that you are, couldn't figure out why (and before anyone points out that it's a puppet, that's NOT what I meant! :-w ). Thanks for that.

As for Tilly's question, I don't like the boys to open his cage if I'm not there, as he is still little and might make a break for it. I want to be there to make sure I can catch him if he does. I also like to keep track of how much food he's eating at this young age. Don't want to turn him into a :@) .

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 24th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:......

As for Zaboo, I am not a great fan of the show (it's just not for me), but it DOES serve a great purpose. I give them a lot of credit for that. I also poke a little fun at it, because they always call Zaboo a lemur. Technically, Propithecus verreauxi/coquereli is not in the same taxonomic family as Lemur or Eulemur (like my guys). Strictly speaking, Zaboo is a sifaka, which, as we all know, is pronounced as it is in Malagasy, as: she- FOCK!

Whoever produced that show recognized early on that they couldn't have <6 year old kids saying that to their parents.

Ah... academic humor! :o) :o) :o) 8-} 8-} 8-} =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :)) :)) :)) :-B
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Very Good! I like your academic humor, I needed that!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))