crazietalk outing to the DBAP

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Are you interested in attending a Durham Bulls game as a group?

Poll ended at June 15th, 2009, 10:40 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7
colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: crazietalk outing to the DBAP

Post by colchar » June 1st, 2009, 3:29 pm

Why don't y'all come up here to Toronto for a Blue Jays game? EJ has. That way I'll be able to join you ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 27th, 2009, 5:23 pm

During one of our drunk-n-dial calls, I was asked to resurrect this thread. I remembered!

How does August 15th sound? That is the night the Yankees farm team will be in town.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 5:40 pm

TillyGalore wrote:During one of our drunk-n-dial calls, I was asked to resurrect this thread. I remembered!

How does August 15th sound? That is the night the Yankees farm team will be in town.
We will be outta town that weekend. :(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » July 27th, 2009, 5:55 pm

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:During one of our drunk-n-dial calls, I was asked to resurrect this thread. I remembered!

We will be outta town that weekend. :(
Me too. B-)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 27th, 2009, 6:28 pm

As much as I want to make the outing, I'm planning on a DC trip in late August. So between that bit of travelling, and then the football games (Woooooohooo!) coming up, that will do it for me. If my DC plans fall apart, I'll be there to watch the Bulls. (I really do want to go, another sports painting opportunity)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 27th, 2009, 6:34 pm

That's the Saturday night that Bjornoff is having dinner in Smithfield with me and the DD's (????)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 27th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Well, ironically, that's the weekend I'll be going through town, so I might actually be able to make that. I probably couldn't stay for more than a couple innings, since I'll have to be heading back to NoVA after. Maybe if people wanted to get together before the game for dinner, I could do that and stick around for a couple innings. If Ozzie's willing to just have lunch with me on Friday, then meet wherever for the dinner/game on Saturday, I'd be up for it.

And what do you mean, you're traveling, DD? You told me you were gonna be up for some Sami's that night! :((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 6:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

That's the Saturday night that Bjornoff is having dinner in Smithfield with me and the DD's (????)
I may have to drive up from the coast so I don't miss that. I could meet the sweetie (my wife, not you, Ozzie :roll: :)) ) in Smithfield that evening as she won't be coming down until Saturday as she is hosting a bridal shower for a family friend.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 6:47 pm

bjornolf wrote:

Well, ironically, that's the weekend I'll be going through town, so I might actually be able to make that. I probably couldn't stay for more than a couple innings, since I'll have to be heading back to NoVA after. Maybe if people wanted to get together before the game for dinner, I could do that and stick around for a couple innings. If Ozzie's willing to just have lunch with me on Friday, then meet wherever for the dinner/game on Saturday, I'd be up for it.

And what do you mean, you're traveling, DD? You told me you were gonna be up for some Sami's that night! :((

%%-
See my reply to Ozzie. ;)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 27th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Nice milking of a post there, DD. ;)

Seriously, if it's a problem, it's no biggie. If you've got commitments, I understand. I'm not trying to cause trouble or nothin'.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 6:54 pm

bjornolf wrote:Nice milking of a post there, DD. ;)

Seriously, if it's a problem, it's no biggie. If you've got commitments, I understand. I'm not trying to cause trouble or nothin'.

%%-
1. :oops: ;) . We may be talking about this on 2-3 different threads so I did not want you or Ozzie to miss it. (yea, and it's a cheap post, too :)) )

2. I'd just have to time my drive up from the coast (probably about 80-90 miles) to meet up with my wife, your gang and Mr. and Mrs. Ozzie.
Last edited by devildeac on July 27th, 2009, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 27th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Why are you "on the coast" WITHOUT your sweetie? I'm confused.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 7:00 pm

bjornolf wrote:Why are you "on the coast" WITHOUT your sweetie? I'm confused.

%%-
I will probably drive down on Friday with our youngest daughter and my wife will drive down Saturday as she is hosting a bridal shower for a family friend early that afternoon. I may have said that on another thread, hence the :-\ . Sorry I did not make it clear here. :oops:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 27th, 2009, 9:38 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
That's fine with me, with or without the DD's. :)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 9:54 am

What's the latest on this? I might actually be able to make it on August 15, as the drive to the D-town from Columbia is about half as long as the one from Atlanta.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 29th, 2009, 10:11 am

wilson wrote:What's the latest on this? I might actually be able to make it on August 15, as the drive to the D-town from Columbia is about half as long as the one from Atlanta.
I will order tix this afternoon.

I have the following noted as attending:

Ozzie
Bjornolf
Tilly
K68
Wilson
CathyCA and son

Anyone else?

Wilson, if you need a place to crash you can have my couch/futon. My other guests have indicated it's pretty comfortable.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 10:18 am

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:What's the latest on this? I might actually be able to make it on August 15, as the drive to the D-town from Columbia is about half as long as the one from Atlanta.

Ozzie
Bjornolf
Tilly
K68
Wilson
CathyCA and son

Anyone else?

Wilson, if you need a place to crash you can have my couch/futon. My other guests have indicated it's pretty comfortable.
I'm not 100% sure I'd stay for the game, as I'll still have to drive home. I'd love to have dinner with you guys beforehand, though. Since I DEFINITELY wouldn't be staying for the whole game, how much are tickets now? I haven't been to a Bulls game in 15 years, and I hear they've even got a new place since then. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 29th, 2009, 10:20 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Ozzie
Bjornolf
Tilly
K68
Wilson
CathyCA and son

Anyone else?

I'm not 100% sure I'd stay for the game, as I'll still have to drive home. I'd love to have dinner with you guys beforehand, though. Since I DEFINITELY wouldn't be staying for the whole game, how much are tickets now? I haven't been to a Bulls game in 15 years, and I hear they've even got a new place since then. ;)

%%-
maximum, $8

Please let me know ASAP whether or not you want me to buy a tix for you.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 10:23 am

TillyGalore wrote:
maximum, $8

Please let me know ASAP whether or not you want me to buy a tix for you.
$8? Yea, heck, why not. Even if I can't make it to the game, I can afford to pay $8.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 10:57 am

TillyGalore wrote:

Ozzie
Bjornolf
Tilly
K68
Wilson
CathyCA and son

Anyone else?

I'm pretty sure I can do it, but I am also due at my aunt's birthday party sometime around then. Her birthday is the following weekend, so I think it's then, but there's been some confusion. I'm good for the $8 either way, but just wanted to let everyone know I'm not a total definite.
And Tilly, I really appreciate the offer of your couch. Will probably take you up on said offer assuming I can make it.
Looking forward to it!