Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Crazie's Consumer Endorsements

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 14th, 2011, 5:23 pm

EarlJam wrote:That microfiber windshield cleaning thingy as seen on TV. It works. Got it for One Dollar. I love it.

-EarlJam (great topic by the way)
It that the extension thingy used to reach the front depths of the windshield in minivans, or some sort of cloth thingy in general? My wife wants (me to get and use) the extension thingy, and it costs ~$10 in stores. Where's you see it for $1?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 15th, 2011, 7:49 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
EarlJam wrote:That microfiber windshield cleaning thingy as seen on TV. It works. Got it for One Dollar. I love it.

It that the extension thingy used to reach the front depths of the windshield in minivans, or some sort of cloth thingy in general? My wife wants (me to get and use) the extension thingy, and it costs ~$10 in stores. Where's you see it for $1?
At the Dollar Store - John and I each got one, too!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 15th, 2011, 8:28 am

shereec wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

At the Dollar Store - John and I each got one, too!
The extension thingy?

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2011, 6:05 pm

My favorite cure for nausea: Ginger Altoids. There a bit tricky to find; I have purchased them at World Market.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 9th, 2011, 8:53 am

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 10th, 2011, 2:14 am

wilson wrote:GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
Always a worthy endorsement! Hell yeah! :9f:

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Crazies' Consumer Endorsements

Post by devildeac » March 5th, 2011, 10:15 am

:9f:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 5th, 2011, 10:42 pm

I despise them.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 18th, 2011, 7:15 pm

I love my Vermont Castings grill. It's 10 years old and still looks and cooks like new. All I've had to do is replace the grates at the 10 year mark and sand off a little surface rust at the corner.

I love my PlayStation 3. It's the best blu ray player I own and it has great games.

I love my Kindle. Truly amazing little piece of technology.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 19th, 2011, 4:36 pm

I am generally a fan of Consumer Reports. However, I've noticed lately that many of the reports are outdated. For instance, when I looked up gas grills, I found several on their list that aren't even sold anymore, and several newer ones that weren't reviewed. This has happened for several items I've looked for lately. That kind of bums me out. They keep pretty updated on cars, though.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 28th, 2011, 10:07 am

I would like to recommend little Colgate Wisp disposable toothbrushes. Each little brush is sealed in it's own little packet, about 2 1/2 inches long. Small enough to take along in purse or pocket. Has a little toothpaste capsule embedded in the brush and a little curved pick on the other end. Really handy for somebody traveling or out all day with no access to a real brush at home. Very refreshing. :D

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 11:31 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I would like to recommend little Colgate Wisp disposable toothbrushes. Each little brush is sealed in it's own little packet, about 2 1/2 inches long. Small enough to take along in purse or pocket. Has a little toothpaste capsule embedded in the brush and a little curved pick on the other end. Really handy for somebody traveling or out all day with no access to a real brush at home. Very refreshing. :D

Love, Ima
I love those little toothbrushes, and I send them with Christian on his Boy Scout camping trips.

I second your endorsement!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2011, 7:59 pm

I have been very pleased with the Weber Q-120 portable gas grill that I purchased last month. Since I have a limited amount of space on my porch, this grill is ideal for me. It's portable enough that one could take it on a camping trip.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 29th, 2011, 1:28 am

I really like these sour fruity licorice thingies, which seem only to be available at Walgreen's around here. Incidentally, every Walgreen's I've ever been in has had a top-notch candy section overall.
I love candy.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » April 29th, 2011, 1:24 pm

wilson wrote:I really like these sour fruity licorice thingies, which seem only to be available at Walgreen's around here. Incidentally, every Walgreen's I've ever been in has had a top-notch candy section overall.
I love candy.
Walgreens, that longstanding giant among drugstores, understands the value of candy as a medicinal item to cure all sorts of maladies! :happy-bouncyblue:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 29th, 2011, 8:23 pm

A very pleasant means of repelling mosquitoes in an outdoor area.
http://www.gardenwarehouse.net/Catalog/ ... o/NM50.asp
A couple of years ago, a family member owned a small local hardware store here in town. When they decided to drop the competition they had were having with the 'big box' stores, they had their going out of business sale. I attended. A old schoolmate was there at the time I was and she was crying the slobberin' blues to Charles (the owner) about how she was going to find these things from now on. I was unfamiliar with them and she introduced me to them by way of allowing me to buy one package, while she bought the other last 6. After giving them a test, I had to go online to find more because I went through the only pack I had quite rapidly.

A mosquito isn't the only thing that makes itself missing. Many other little multi-legged creatures seem to dissappear also. Cheif amongst these missing insects are those that populate my backyard, enamored with malt beverages as much as I am.

I suggest that should you take the plunge and accquire some of these things...buy in bulk quantities. :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » April 29th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Speaking of bugs...this shit (any of it) is good.
http://www.bengal.com/
These people know the bug genocide bidniss.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 16th, 2011, 8:51 am

captmojo wrote:A very pleasant means of repelling mosquitoes in an outdoor area.
http://www.gardenwarehouse.net/Catalog/ ... o/NM50.asp
A couple of years ago, a family member owned a small local hardware store here in town. When they decided to drop the competition they had were having with the 'big box' stores, they had their going out of business sale. I attended. A old schoolmate was there at the time I was and she was crying the slobberin' blues to Charles (the owner) about how she was going to find these things from now on. I was unfamiliar with them and she introduced me to them by way of allowing me to buy one package, while she bought the other last 6. After giving them a test, I had to go online to find more because I went through the only pack I had quite rapidly.

A mosquito isn't the only thing that makes itself missing. Many other little multi-legged creatures seem to dissappear also. Cheif amongst these missing insects are those that populate my backyard, enamored with malt beverages as much as I am.

I suggest that should you take the plunge and accquire some of these things...buy in bulk quantities. :-BD
If you really love these, I think they're cheaper on Amazon if you order more than one package. If you order one, it's like $.50 cheaper to order from the website you showed. However, the shipping only goes up by a few cents with each extra one on Amazon, and the item price is like $3 cheaper, so if you order two or three or more, it quickly becomes cheaper on Amazon.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 16th, 2011, 10:40 am

OK. :-BD
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 19th, 2011, 2:18 pm

Comfort Clean FLOSS PICKS !

Flossing made easy for Tight Teeth and Sensitive Gums! I keep and take Floss Picks everywhere! I buy 2 or 3 packs at a time. Keep in the car, pocketbook, makeup bag, in my pocket. I cant stand to see someone with a piece of food, on their front teeth. Maybe I am more aware, with 4 years of braces/retainer.

I love Floss Picks! :D :D :D :D