Thanksgiving

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by CathyCA » November 25th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Also, before lunch, we filled out slips of paper listing the things for which we were thankful. We passed the basket around the table and each drew out a slip of paper and read it to the group. Then we had to guess who had written it.

Here's what I wrote:
"My Mama"
"Sam"
"Christian"
"My clients"

Here's what my brother wrote:
"I am thankful for cigarettes and alcohol." (He's a doctor.) =))

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 25th, 2010, 10:32 pm

CathyCA wrote:Also, before lunch, we filled out slips of paper listing the things for which we were thankful. We passed the basket around the table and each drew out a slip of paper and read it to the group. Then we had to guess who had written it.

Here's what I wrote:
"My Mama"
"Sam"
"Christian"
"My clients"

Nothing wrong with that.

Job security.

:)) =))

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 26th, 2010, 12:28 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Also, before lunch, we filled out slips of paper listing the things for which we were thankful. We passed the basket around the table and each drew out a slip of paper and read it to the group. Then we had to guess who had written it.

Here's what I wrote:
"My Mama"
"Sam"
"Christian"
"My clients"

Nothing wrong with that.

Job security.

:)) =))

And between lunch and dessert, he left to go help deliver a baby in distress.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 28th, 2010, 4:37 pm

I hope everyone has safe travels home from their Thanksgiving celebrations.

I'm sitting in the Phillie airport and am lucky to be here - I left my purse at my sister's house and my BIL had to speed to the airport to get it too me so I could pass through security. If that hadn't worked - someone would have been driving me to Phillie. I think it was a Freudian Slip - I didn't really want to leave. However, I have continuing education in the am, so I need to get to KC. I get the dunce cap for the day. I'm glad the drive from their house to Allentown is around 30 minutes. L-) :doh:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 28th, 2010, 9:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I hope everyone has safe travels home from their Thanksgiving celebrations.

I'm sitting in the Phillie airport and am lucky to be here - I left my purse at my sister's house and my BIL had to speed to the airport to get it too me so I could pass through security. If that hadn't worked - someone would have been driving me to Phillie. I think it was a Freudian Slip - I didn't really want to leave. However, I have continuing education in the am, so I need to get to KC. I get the dunce cap for the day. I'm glad the drive from their house to Allentown is around 30 minutes. L-) :doh:
Safe trip, DinK!

Mom is headed back to Chesapeake tomorrow, riding with cousin-in-law, Jack, who stays with her during the week. Glad she's not driving that far anymore.
Iron Duke #1471997.