Duke @ Navy

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke @ Navy

Post by lawgrad91 » October 30th, 2010, 10:02 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: I am jumping up android down. Yay! :duke: :duke: :duke:
"Android"? I must've been more excited than even I knew.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 31st, 2010, 7:26 am

devildeac wrote:I needed sedation.
"Physician, heal thyself." :)) :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 31st, 2010, 7:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: I am jumping up android down. Yay! :duke: :duke: :duke:
"Android"? I must've been more excited than even I knew.
"These are not the droids you are looking for." :r2d2: :stormtrooper:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 31st, 2010, 12:05 pm

The David Cutcliff Show is on!!! Alot different show, with the win At Navy!!! Showing lots of footage from the game!!! Go Duke!!! :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2010, 9:06 am

Renfree broke the NCAA record for pass completion percentage on Saturday!
But Sean Renfree may have earned the biggest laurel for a Cutcliffe-coached player on Saturday.

That's because Renfree completed 28 of 30 passes against Navy, breaking Steve Sarkisian's record for completion percentage in a game. Renfree completed 93.3% of his passes against the Midshipmen, while Sarkisian completed 31 of 34 (91.2%) for BYU against Fresno State in 1995.
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... caa-record
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2010, 9:12 am

And Cutcliffe takes some of the blame for the second half comeback.
"In the second half," Cutcliffe said, "I saw Navy chucking the ball and making the plays and us not making the plays. Offensively, I got us a little bit too conservative. I should have kept the hammer down a little bit longer. Overall, we made a lot of big plays in the ballgame. We have something to build on."
http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_stor ... in_article
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 1st, 2010, 9:23 am

Which situation would you rather have..... disagree with the coaches' decisions in a win or disagree with the coaches' decisions in a loss? I'm happy to see a W go into record book along with some records set by individual performances.

Yes, I found the fourth quarter to be unnerving, but once the game ended, I moved on to celebrate and start thinking about getting ready for Virginia. After seeing how their defense brought some of that injury inflicting play on Miami, I think this will be a full week for the Duke team to get ready.

And to think, Virginia used to be known as gentlemen..... ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2010, 9:37 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Which situation would you rather have..... disagree with the coaches' decisions in a win or disagree with the coaches' decisions in a loss? I'm happy to see a W go into record book along with some records set by individual performances.

Yes, I found the fourth quarter to be unnerving, but once the game ended, I moved on to celebrate and start thinking about getting ready for Virginia. After seeing how their defense brought some of that injury inflicting play on Miami, I think this will be a full week for the Duke team to get ready.

And to think, Virginia used to be known as gentlemen..... ;)
I agree with everything you said. I'm also happy to see that Cutcliffe realised that he took his finger off the trigger to early, I appreciate a coach who admits mistakes, even if the outcome is still in our favor. He mentioned he was not looking forward to explaining himself if Navy had actually pulled it off...that would have been crushing to the team.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 1st, 2010, 10:08 am

Cutcliffe does need to shoulder some of the blame for the comeback. Duke is not a team that is built for killing the clock. We are running the ball better, certainly, but we don't have a running back that can consistently pick up first downs, and when we bring in Connette, we may as well hold up a sign that says, "We're running the ball now." Also, we don't huddle and have no experience in running the play clock down before the snap. It was obvious in the second half that we were snapping with quite a few seconds left on the clock, and we were running plays where the skill positions didn't come out of their stances to look to the sidelines, which eats time. Even if we were using a ball control offense, we aren't exactly used to using it to protect a lead.

Saying all that, winning is certainly a process. As John Wooden said, "little things make big things happen." As we continue to do more little things right, the big things will happen. As long as Coach doesn't make the same mistake when we're up on the hoos this week, or BC next, etc., I'm satisfied.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2010, 10:31 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Cutcliffe does need to shoulder some of the blame for the comeback. Duke is not a team that is built for killing the clock. We are running the ball better, certainly, but we don't have a running back that can consistently pick up first downs, and when we bring in Connette, we may as well hold up a sign that says, "We're running the ball now." Also, we don't huddle and have no experience in running the play clock down before the snap. It was obvious in the second half that we were snapping with quite a few seconds left on the clock, and we were running plays where the skill positions didn't come out of their stances to look to the sidelines, which eats time. Even if we were using a ball control offense, we aren't exactly used to using it to protect a lead.

Saying all that, winning is certainly a process. As John Wooden said, "little things make big things happen." As we continue to do more little things right, the big things will happen. As long as Coach doesn't make the same mistake when we're up on the hoos this week, or BC next, etc., I'm satisfied.
:spork: :spork: