Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Ugh.

Post by devildeac » September 27th, 2010, 10:11 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Today's game was nothing short of embarrassing. The offense, the quarterback and the play calling for 3 quarters was putrid. A definite step backwards for the program.

Where the hell were the students today? They didn't know in advance what the game was going to bring. Their section was noticeably not full, almost barren, at the beginning of the game. They can't use a 3 pm start at homecoming as an excuse. They were AWOL as was the offensive team.

I am not happy. Next play. Next game.
My response OY:

You forgot to include the _efense that really didn't show up today either. ~250 yds rushing, 2 TD to WIDE open Army receivers, 8/17 third down conversions, 0 TO, 40 minutes of possession by the Cadets and serious difficulties tackling.

Hell, I might as well get another post out of it at least. X(
Actually, I disagree with your assessment of the defense. Well, for the most part, anyway. The run defense spent most of the day bending but not breaking, which is how you defend the option offense (unless you stop it cold, which takes way more talent and experience than we currently have). Obviously the long pass plays were killers, and Cutcliffe took the blame for those as playing the run too aggressively. But you've got to appreciate the job done by the defense. The experience will come in real handy when we play Navy and GTech later in the season.

And just for the record, I haven't given up on the team or the season B-) Let's beat the snot out of Maryland on Saturday night! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OK, I'll appreciate it a bit more. There were still way too many 3rd and shorts instead of 3rd and longs that would have forced them to go away from their strength and perhaps led to an INT or two. No, I did not expect Leon Wright to suit up again but I also would have expected us to turn them over a time or two in the game and come up with a few more tackles for losses or stops than what we accomplished and have less time of possession for them. OTOH, our offense did not accomplish much until it was 35-7 so maybe more time of possession for them would not have been good either 8-| .

And if it helps against Navy and GT, who appears to be "down" this year, and leads to an unexpected W, then Saturday was a "good" experience. What kind of O do the terps run mainly?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Ugh.

Post by TNTDevil » September 27th, 2010, 2:19 pm

DukePA wrote:Awesome TNT and Cap'n. TNT- My Cousin Vinny
DINGDINGDING! We have a winner! "I'll be honest w'ich ya', I could use a good ass-kicking."
DukePA wrote:and Scrubs?
WAHHH-WAAAA. Ahhhhh... I'm sorry. :( However you do win this nice version of the home game! Please play again!

Peace,
TNT
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain