Wilson is our newest moderator

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Wilson is our newest moderator

Post by bjornolf » May 18th, 2009, 3:48 pm

I hope CathyCA isn't related to any pirates too. Every time I tell a joke around here, I seem to offend her. If so, I apologize, miss CA. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 18th, 2009, 3:50 pm

All this talk of pirates has me craving to read Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island."
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2009, 5:13 pm

TillyGalore wrote:All this talk of pirates has me craving to read Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island."
One of my favorite books. I read it at least once a year. My 3rd grade teacher finally sat me down and told me that, while Treasure Island* is a good book, there are other books out there. I seriously read it about a dozen times that year.
So you see, my pirate "thing" is quite longstanding. While I'm happy for the Pirates of the Caribbean films and the attendant pirate craze to have come about in the past few years, I'm slightly annoyed, because now everybody's on the bandwagon...I, on the other hand, was pirate when pirate wasn't cool.

*Note to Tilly, from a fastidious academic: Book titles in italics, not quotation marks! :-B ;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 18th, 2009, 5:23 pm

bjornolf wrote:I hope CathyCA isn't related to any pirates too. Every time I tell a joke around here, I seem to offend her. If so, I apologize, miss CA. ;)

%%-
No, I actually like that joke. You made me laugh.

Pirate jokes are good. Lawyer jokes aren't so good. . . although I told 3 of them during my presentation on Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Powers of Attorney and Living Wills last week.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 18th, 2009, 9:13 pm

TillyGalore wrote:All this talk of pirates has me craving to read Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island."
All this talk of pirates has me craving Johnny Depp :ar!
(I'm less 'cultured' than Tilly)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.