Duke University: 2010 - 2011

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke University: 2010 - 2011

Post by lawgrad91 » August 24th, 2010, 9:11 am

Rolvix, you will probably be too busy to get this anytime soon, but :pray: :pray: and :wizard: :wizard: for you today.
Iron Duke #1471997.
HCFthird
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by HCFthird » August 24th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Good luck, Robbie!

I agree - just yesterday you were playing in that sand box, swinging on your swing set, camping out at CDL in a tent with your dad down by the nature hut.
You are old enough, and probably the most well-adjusted 18 year old, that I have met.

You have an enourmous support system in place. Know that, while you are away working hard and please play hard too, you are being talked about with great admiration across phone lines, e-mails, text messages, and social media. You will do great. Just make sure that you call that mother of yours early and often!!!!!! I'll look for you on TV in CIS (Back to Back Champs on the way!). Don't forget to stop by on Saturday home football games and sit for a spell with your grandaddy and grandmommy, they would love it!

That is all - have a fantastic four years. Stay in touch. We are all so very proud!

much love,
Uncle Clif
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 28th, 2010, 4:06 pm

So college has been awesome so far. Incredibly, insanely busy - and classes have yet to start (Monday).

I'm doing pretty great. It still feels like I'm not really at college though, just like a camp or something. That should change with classes haha.

My roommate is cool, and we've done a lot of fun things. Class picture, formal at the Nasher, midnight Target trip w/ a DJ, etc. Athletics pep rally tonight! whooo!
But yeah, just thought I would let you know how it's going!
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 28th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Rolvix wrote:So college has been awesome so far. Incredibly, insanely busy - and classes have yet to start (Monday).

I'm doing pretty great. It still feels like I'm not really at college though, just like a camp or something. That should change with classes haha.
Just wait till you meet the really cute girl a couple of seats over in the lecture hall! B-) ;) :D :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 28th, 2010, 11:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:So college has been awesome so far. Incredibly, insanely busy - and classes have yet to start (Monday).

Just wait till you meet the really cute girl a couple of seats over in the lecture hall! B-) ;) :D :happy-bouncyblue:
I can't! I have a girlfriend!
Class of 2014
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 28th, 2010, 11:18 pm

My roommate is cool, and we've done a lot of fun things. Class picture, formal at the Nasher, midnight Target trip w/ a DJ, etc. Athletics pep rally tonight! whooo!
Classes started here in Kentucky last Monday. And I have a colleague who got her classes started in Georgia the week before that.

Do Final Exams end on the Dec. 23rd or something? That's a late start for Duke. :D ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 28th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Classes started here in Kentucky last Monday. And I have a colleague who got her classes started in Georgia the week before that.

Do Final Exams end on the Dec. 23rd or something? That's a late start for Duke. :D ;)
It is late this year but I'm not sure it's that late. I'll check.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 29th, 2010, 8:39 am

Rolvix wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean that you aren't going to meet lots of cute girls at Duke. Do you close your eyes when you're at a Brunchgate? I think not. And just because you are on a diet doesn't mean that you can't look at the menu. B-)

Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 29th, 2010, 1:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean that you aren't going to meet lots of cute girls at Duke. Do you close your eyes when you're at a Brunchgate? I think not. And just because you are on a diet doesn't mean that you can't look at the menu. B-)
Yeah, I know :) Already met a few.

I also met Kyrie Irving last night at the pep rally! We talked for a minute about his relationship with Harrison (like best friends).
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 29th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Rolvix wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean that you aren't going to meet lots of cute girls at Duke. Do you close your eyes when you're at a Brunchgate? I think not. And just because you are on a diet doesn't mean that you can't look at the menu. B-)

I also met Kyrie Irving last night at the pep rally! We talked for a minute about his relationship with Harrison (like best friends).
Best friends with Harrison Barnes? Well, G was best friends with, Branden Wright over there. There still friends, just not when the played each other.

BTW, you'll meet even more! Beauty and brains is a tough combination to beat! B-)

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 29th, 2010, 7:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:

Best friends with Harrison Barnes? Well, G was best friends with, Branden Wright over there. There still friends, just not when the played each other.

BTW, you'll meet even more! Beauty and brains is a tough combination to beat! B-)
I thought Wayne Ellington was G's big buddy from HS and AAU.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 29th, 2010, 7:57 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote: Yeah, I know :) Already met a few.

I thought Wayne Ellington was G's big buddy from HS and AAU.
Correct, not branden wright (but wrong school).
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 29th, 2010, 8:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Just wait till you meet the really cute girl a couple of seats over in the lecture hall! B-) ;) :D :happy-bouncyblue:
Just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean that you aren't going to meet lots of cute girls at Duke. Do you close your eyes when you're at a Brunchgate? I think not. And just because you are on a diet doesn't mean that you can't look at the menu. B-)
Rolvix, faithfulness and loyalty are wonderful qualities. And qualities women really like in a man.
I worship the Blue Devil!
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » August 29th, 2010, 8:37 pm

I dunno about all this menu talk and what have you.... all I do know is that if the main course is satisfying the last thing you wanna do is see the dessert menu.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 29th, 2010, 9:01 pm

knights68 wrote:
I dunno about all this menu talk and what have you.... all I do know is that if the main course is satisfying the last thing you wanna do is see the dessert menu.
I never said anything about samples. But looking is both normal and healthy.

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 29th, 2010, 9:34 pm

I was running an errand for the OP on freshman "move in" day on campus. It was a beautiful day and the whole place was buzzing with excitement. Thought of you and your folks and sent vibes. I know Native is watching for your messages. Keep us posted.

Roll up your sleeves and own it all. :9f:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 31st, 2010, 1:40 am

Did I mention that Bruce Springsteen's daughter is a freshman too?
Class of 2014
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 31st, 2010, 1:55 am

Rolvix wrote:Did I mention that Bruce Springsteen's daughter is a freshman too?
Sweet! That should be good for at least one awesome, "Last Day of Classes" concert! :happy-bouncyblue:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 31st, 2010, 8:35 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Sweet! That should be good for at least one awesome, "Last Day of Classes" concert! :happy-bouncyblue:
Are you serious?

I want tickets.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 31st, 2010, 8:40 am

devildeac wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
Are you serious?

I want tickets.
I'll bet there are some Springsteen sightings in Cameron too.