WTF happened to over yonder?!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: WTF happened to over yonder?!

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 8:20 pm

I replied to a post on the Braves thread over yonder and then "wandered over" the "balloon" at the left bottom of my reply with the mouse and it says "What do you think of this post?" so I clicked on it to post a comment (positive, of course ;) :D ) on my own post and this is what I got:

This post has not received any reputation. You currently have 50 reputation point(s).

WTF?

They are handing out "reputation points" now!?

What a pile of %#$@!

Reputation points!?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
mph
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by mph » July 23rd, 2010, 8:42 pm

So this is where all of the old DBR regulars have gone. The latest changes over yonder are probably the last straw for me. Thanks to Ozzie for posting the CTN link and to CBB for all of the work.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 8:50 pm

mph wrote:So this is where all of the old DBR regulars have gone. The latest changes over yonder are probably the last straw for me. Thanks to Ozzie for posting the CTN link and to CBB for all of the work.
Welcome to CTN! :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 8:52 pm

devildeac wrote:I replied to a post on the Braves thread over yonder and then "wandered over" the "balloon" at the left bottom of my reply with the mouse and it says "What do you think of this post?" so I clicked on it to post a comment (positive, of course ;) :D ) on my own post and this is what I got:

This post has not received any reputation. You currently have 50 reputation point(s).

WTF?

What a pile of %#$@!

Reputation points!?
Post counts are gone. That sucks. :obscene-birdiered:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 8:53 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:I replied to a post on the Braves thread over yonder and then "wandered over" the "balloon" at the left bottom of my reply with the mouse and it says "What do you think of this post?" so I clicked on it to post a comment (positive, of course ;) :D ) on my own post and this is what I got:

WTF?

What a pile of %#$@!

Reputation points!?
Ahh, they are there..but they don't show unless you click the member name. Still sucks.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm

mph wrote:So this is where all of the old DBR regulars have gone. The latest changes over yonder are probably the last straw for me. Thanks to Ozzie for posting the CTN link and to CBB for all of the work.
Welcome, this is the BEST!!! People are so friendly "over hear". We're all here for each other.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 9:11 pm

WTF?

What a pile of %#$@!

Reputation points!?
They technically aren't but you have to go to community, click on members and then click on posts to find the leader board or search out the poster individually whose post count you wish to know. We are all just "members" unless you're a mod, then you get some clever name.

But you're right. That sucks. But at least one can be earning "reputation points" now. :twitch:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 9:12 pm

Welcome. See your very own thread on Your House. :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 9:20 pm

WTF?

What a pile of %#$@!

Reputation points!?
So apparently I'm NOT just a Cave Man. I was right.

One week... MAXIMUM.

Finally a reason to log onto over yonder! =)) :ymdevil: :)) =)) :)) This could be more fun than Rotten Tomatoes!! 8-} 8-} I agree with Cathy...

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 9:29 pm

allen wrote:With apologies to Arlo Guthrie

and if you're in a
situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's log into
DBR wherever you are ,just log in and give the thumbs down, and log out.
You know, ifone person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people logging in
giving the thumbs down and logging out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day logging in, giving the thumbs down and logging out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
POTW!!

Of course, that IS allowed and encouraged here on CTN, unlike over yonder. I only wish I could give allen 50 positive reputation points for this post. :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2010, 9:35 pm

You're welcome! And remember, you can say whatever the fuck you want to here and no one will get pissed off at your language! B-) Now that's not to say you won't get moderated if you piss on someone personally, but that has never ever happened as we're all friends here, mostly in real life too, thanks to Brunchgates and beach trips! :ymparty: Oh, and we have much much much better smilies, and tons more of them, as you've seen on a couple of my posts over yonder (as we have taken to calling the DBR. Not in a derogatory way, just as a matter of convenience). \:d/ ^:)^ :-BD :joking: :ymdevil: #:-s :tease:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 23rd, 2010, 9:35 pm

Let's all go over en masse and reward each other with positive reputation points. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 9:38 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Welcome, this is the BEST!!! People are so friendly "over hear". We're all here for each other.
This is GREAT news!! mph is here!!

And you'll notice... no animated ads for some iTunes improver or some cougarlink web site needed over here. #-o :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 9:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Let's all go over en masse and reward each other with positive reputation points. :ymdevil:
And the real reason for this feature lasting no more than a week...

... people can also go over en masse and reward certain people with a lot of negative reputation points.

I think they need to reconsider this feature, err, bug.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 9:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Let's all go over en masse and reward each other with positive reputation points. :ymdevil:

... people can also go over en masse and reward certain people with a lot of negative reputation points.

Is Rhymes With Dumbo in the negative yet? =))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Is Rhymes With Dumbo in the negative yet? =))
What's weird is that one mod had like 12 bazillion pitchforks (I couldn't count them because the font is so small), but another one had like 2.

I like Cathy's suggestion about the "steaming pile of ram poo" alternative to the pitchforks. If that was in place over yonder, Rhymes With Dumbo might already be full of poo. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2010, 10:55 pm

I've got 44 quality points but still only one pitchfork. I need help from y'all to get more points! Puh-lease!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
allen
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by allen » July 23rd, 2010, 11:02 pm

It wouldn't let me give you postive feedback more than once - It told me I had to "spread some reputation arond" before giving another positive comment to you.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 11:07 pm

allen wrote:It wouldn't let me give you postive feedback more than once - It told me I had to "spread some reputation arond" before giving another positive comment to you.
:romance-grouphug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 11:27 pm

allen wrote:It wouldn't let me give you postive feedback more than once - It told me I had to "spread some reputation arond" before giving another positive comment to you.
I guess that means you also have to spread the negative reputation around before giving more than one negative comment to one person. 8-}