RIP Jou-Jou 1945-2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: RIP Jou-Jou 1945-2010

Post by Miles » May 10th, 2010, 8:24 am

I'm so sorry to hear this news, my heart goes out to you and your family. Vibes are coming your way.
sMiles
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » May 10th, 2010, 12:50 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Joe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :( :( :( :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Turk

Post by Turk » May 11th, 2010, 6:36 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Good thoughts, prayers, and vibes from the Turk roost....
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 12th, 2010, 8:30 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, Joe. Prayers and vibes to you and your family.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 14th, 2010, 7:20 am

Today is gonna suck. We're cremating Mom's body today. Huh. Please send me some prayers to be strong for Dad.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 14th, 2010, 7:25 am

bjornolf wrote:Today is gonna suck. We're cremating Mom's body today. Huh. Please send me some prayers to be strong for Dad.

@};-
Many prayers being sent to your Dad, you and your family. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 14th, 2010, 7:42 am

It's so difficult to say good-bye to a parent. You and your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

(((HUGS)))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 14th, 2010, 9:48 am

bjornolf wrote:Today is gonna suck. We're cremating Mom's body today. Huh. Please send me some prayers to be strong for Dad.

@};-
Continued prayers for you and yours. I asked my reunion group to keep you in their prayers this week, also.
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » May 14th, 2010, 9:54 am

Prayers for peace and support continue for you and your family, Joe.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 14th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Joe - back online and am still here for ya and keeping you, your Dad and your family in my thoughts, prayers, and vibes!!! :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 15th, 2010, 7:01 am

Thanks for all your prayers and good will and vibes. Good to see you back, 8-X .

Today's gonna be even more fun than yesterday. Witnessing the cremation was hard, but interesting, I must say. My inner engineer popped out his head for the first time in a while, and I went in with the guy and had him explain all the controls and how it worked. Today won't be interesting at all. We get the pleasure of going to pick up the ashes. I refuse to call them "cremains". I think that may just be the worst word in the history of the English language.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 15th, 2010, 7:21 am

bjornolf wrote:Thanks for all your prayers and good will and vibes. Good to see you back, 8-X .

Today's gonna be even more fun than yesterday. Witnessing the cremation was hard, but interesting, I must say. My inner engineer popped out his head for the first time in a while, and I went in with the guy and had him explain all the controls and how it worked. Today won't be interesting at all. We get the pleasure of going to pick up the ashes. I refuse to call them "cremains". I think that may just be the worst word in the history of the English language.

@};-
When is the funeral? Continued vibes and prayers for you and your family.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 15th, 2010, 12:13 pm

More prayers and vibes for you and your dad.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 15th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Joe, we continue to keep you and your family in our hearts and prayers. Much love to you all.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 15th, 2010, 2:20 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Thanks for all your prayers and good will and vibes. Good to see you back, 8-X .

@};-
When is the funeral? Continued vibes and prayers for you and your family.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Well, Mom and Dad have a plot next to Mom's parents and over the hill (ha-ha) from Dad's parents at Holy Cross Cemetery in LA. We're having a party next week for Mom's closest friends and family here in VA (it took us HOURS to narrow it down to 75, that's how many people loved her). It's kind of a wake, where we get drunk and tell awful stories about her, though it'd be kinda awkward if the ashes woke up. ;) In July some time, we're gonna fly to California to meet her family for the burial. We have to wait until Sean and Michael are out of school, then my cousin is getting married in Hawaii at the end of June and the whole California family is gonna be on the islands for it, so we have to wait until they get back. Dad just didn't think he had two funerals/memorial services in him, so we're gonna party here, then have the solemn affair there with the family on the beach.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 24th, 2010, 7:35 am

Had Jou-Jou's Hawaiian style "wake" over the weekend. It wasn't too bad, but all the crying was a little painful (not by me, by others). The kids were pretty good, and Katie was gorgeous in her pink dress with her little pink Disney Princess necklace. The boys were very handsome in their blue Aloha shirts. Now I can start healing, only to have to rip off the scabs in July when we go to California and see the family and bury her ashes. Ugh. Wish me luck.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 24th, 2010, 6:57 pm

bjornolf wrote:Had Jou-Jou's Hawaiian style "wake" over the weekend. It wasn't too bad, but all the crying was a little painful (not by me, by others). The kids were pretty good, and Katie was gorgeous in her pink dress with her little pink Disney Princess necklace. The boys were very handsome in their blue Aloha shirts. Now I can start healing, only to have to rip off the scabs in July when we go to California and see the family and bury her ashes. Ugh. Wish me luck.

@};-
We're with you, buddy. We'll send our wishes for your good luck wrapped in CTN hugs and love. Family comes in many forms and you're one of us.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 24th, 2010, 7:56 pm

bjornolf wrote:Had Jou-Jou's Hawaiian style "wake" over the weekend. It wasn't too bad, but all the crying was a little painful (not by me, by others). The kids were pretty good, and Katie was gorgeous in her pink dress with her little pink Disney Princess necklace. The boys were very handsome in their blue Aloha shirts. Now I can start healing, only to have to rip off the scabs in July when we go to California and see the family and bury her ashes. Ugh. Wish me luck.

@};-
Vibes and prayers for you and your family through this difficult time.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 15th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Thanks so much for the gorgeous flowers. Mom would've loved them.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Joe,

You and your family continue to be in my prayers. May the wonderful memories you have of your beloved Jou-Jou help you through the time between now and the services in CA.
Life is good!