My Half Century Bucket List

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: My Half Century Bucket List

Post by DukieInKansas » May 6th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Lead your CTN friends on a tour of Madacasgar should definitely be on your list. :D

Pretty please?
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 6th, 2010, 2:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Lead your CTN friends on a tour of Madacasgar should definitely be on your list. :D

Pretty please?
If you've got the money, honey, I got the time... ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 6th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Lead your CTN friends on a tour of Madacasgar should definitely be on your list. :D

Pretty please?
I could save the money but probably not in time for your upcoming trip. With some planning ahead, I would go for this!
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 6th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Pretty please?
Take yo' big ol' Cadillac; leave my old wreck behind?
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 7th, 2010, 9:13 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Pretty please?
I could save the money but probably not in time for your upcoming trip. With some planning ahead, I would go for this!
Pack plenty of Coke.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 8th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Hmmm, bucket list. I've realized a whole bunch of those dreams during my 40s. I graduated from college, followed in my Dad's footsteps and graduated from PA school at Duke, was finally a for real Cameron Crazie, did basketball campouts at Duke, played in the Duke Alumni Pep Band, live at the beach and drive a Duke Blue Mini Cooper. What's left? Buy m first home. That's going to be tough since we're not willing to compromise and live away from the beach unless we're sound front on the mainland with a dock. I'm fairly certain we won't be able to buy a home before I turn 50 on 2/5/11, but that's okay. I'll save that bucket list item for my 50s and come up with a few more.

Life is not good, IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!! BTW, we will be having a big bash here on Saturday February 5th! Mark you calendars for pot luck, kegs, outdoor fire and flip cups!!

Go DUKE!!!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 8th, 2010, 2:24 pm

I must add that you guys are a bucket list surprise that I didn't know existed until we formed our group! I love you guys like Crazie!!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 8th, 2010, 5:24 pm

DukePA wrote: BTW, we will be having a big bash here on Saturday February 5th! Mark you calendars for pot luck, kegs, outdoor fire and flip cups!!

Go DUKE!!!
I sure hope we play away that weekend... I don't want to miss another Ezzmarelda bash!

Happy 50th Birthday way in advance! Are you sure it's not going to be your 40th?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 9th, 2010, 5:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukePA wrote: BTW, we will be having a big bash here on Saturday February 5th! Mark you calendars for pot luck, kegs, outdoor fire and flip cups!!

Go DUKE!!!
I sure hope we play away that weekend... I don't want to miss another Ezzmarelda bash!

Happy 50th Birthday way in advance! Are you sure it's not going to be your 40th?
Thank you, Ozzie! I'm positive it will be my 50th :) I love getting older because life just gets better and better!
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » May 11th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Im getting close to that milestone myself...

Here are the big ones that that are still on my list:

1. Shoot par for 18 holes
2. Play in the Coach K fantasy camp at Duke
3. Hike the Appalachian Trail (I'm not proud - chunks are okay - don't need to do it in one shot)
4. Play Augusta, Pebble Beach, and / or Pinehurst
5. Play piano - sample tunes include "Helpless", "Hallelujah", "Tom Traubert's Blues", "Racing In The Streets", "Have A Little Faith In Me", and the Charlie Brown music
6. Quit working - I have too much other stuff to get done besides my job...
7. Watch a young Turk (don't care which one...) graduate from Duke
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 11th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Turk wrote:Im getting close to that milestone myself...

Here are the big ones that that are still on my list:

1. Shoot par for 18 holes
2. Play in the Coach K fantasy camp at Duke
3. Hike the Appalachian Trail (I'm not proud - chunks are okay - don't need to do it in one shot)
4. Play Augusta, Pebble Beach, and / or Pinehurst
5. Play piano - sample tunes include "Helpless", "Hallelujah", "Tom Traubert's Blues", "Racing In The Streets", "Have A Little Faith In Me", and the Charlie Brown music
6. Quit working - I have too much other stuff to get done besides my job...
7. Watch a young Turk (don't care which one...) graduate from Duke
Love the list.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 13th, 2010, 1:13 pm

DukePA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Go DUKE!!!

Thank you, Ozzie! I'm positive it will be my 50th :) I love getting older because life just gets better and better!
I had to back into the past schedules just to make sure it wasn't going to be during THE game. It seems we always play "them" on a Wednesday to start, so your safe...but I'm sure there will be some anticipation in the air. My guess is that game will be played 4 days after your party. (It will be at Cameron). I hope Ozzie is correct and the game that weekend is away.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 13th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Thank you, Ozzie! I'm positive it will be my 50th :) I love getting older because life just gets better and better![/quote]
I had to back into the past schedules just to make sure it wasn't going to be during THE game. It seems we always play "them" on a Wednesday to start, so your safe...but I'm sure there will be some anticipation in the air. My guess is that game will be played 4 days after your party. (It will be at Cameron). I hope Ozzie is correct and the game that weekend is away.[/quote]

If there is a home game on February 5th, then I'll just have to have 2 parties!!!! I love a party :D