CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CRAZIETALK.NET!!!

Post by CathyCA » April 8th, 2010, 2:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Oh. I see.

You are also #10 in post totals. You and I keep flip-flopping for that position.
Does BONs know about this flipfloppin going on? =)) =)) =)) Does WindsorsDaughter know? =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
What Colchar said. You are a perv, Ozzie. ;)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 8th, 2010, 3:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Which probably explains why we like him so much.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 8th, 2010, 5:32 pm

colchar wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Which probably explains why we like him so much.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
fordgrl00
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by fordgrl00 » April 8th, 2010, 8:24 pm

:) Whoo hoo, so happy to have CTN!! What a great group this is! It was great to get a chance to meet some of you over the basketball season, I look forward meeting more folks. I will miss chats for sure but will try to post more on the boards, trust me, I read often ;)

Thanks Chris for all you do!! :ymhug:

Go Duke!!
~Shelly
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 8th, 2010, 8:59 pm

I miss that chats already. Why shouldn't we have a chat every once in a while? I think we should set up chat dates and whoever can come great, and whoever can't then we'll have someone to talk about.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 8th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Happy Birthday from YBT, Grant and Kelly!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 8th, 2010, 9:01 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I miss that chats already. Why shouldn't we have a chat every once in a while? I think we should set up chat dates and whoever can come great, and whoever can't then we'll have someone to talk about.
I think that's a great idea, Tilly! Let's do it!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 8th, 2010, 9:49 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I miss that chats already. Why shouldn't we have a chat every once in a while? I think we should set up chat dates and whoever can come great, and whoever can't then we'll have someone to talk about.
I pop in there every now and then to see if anyone is there. I'm always the only person there, unless there are other people there, which isn't very often, unless it's been recently. :P
sMiles
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 8th, 2010, 9:50 pm

I came in on the 12th but now is as good as any.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Miles wrote:
I pop in there every now and then to see if anyone is there. I'm always the only person there, unless there are other people there, which isn't very often, unless it's been recently. :P
I often do the same. If you post something, it stays up until at least the next person logs in. I think it's weird how your name stays there if you don't log out. You go away when the next person pops in.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2010, 9:52 pm

captmojo wrote:I came in on the 12th but now is as good as any.
CoachK was the first.
Joined:Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pmLast visited:Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:06 pmWarnings: 0 [ View user notes | Warn user ]Total posts:19 | Search user’s posts
(0.03% of all posts / 0.05 posts per day) Most active forum:Our House
(18 Posts / 94.74% of user’s posts)Most active topic:LTE 2.0
(3 Posts / 15.79% of user’s posts)
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 8th, 2010, 9:55 pm

We'll try to make it to football. I still owe you a beer. Thanks for all you've done, Chris! :clap:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 8th, 2010, 11:08 pm

I'm gonna try and keep this short as I am rather sleep-deprived after the last 7 days of March, err, April Madness :D .
We drove ~500 miles on Friday to sup and sip with Monsieur Lavabe and stayed up a bit too late. We drove 210 miles to Indy kinda early Saturday and spent the day walking around the city enjoying the crowds and festivities. Anticipation mounted as we waited for the 1st game and it turned to anxiety as the Duke-wvu game tipped off and ended way late. We did have a mini-Brunchgate at 1230 AM on the 5th floor of our parking garage as we cheered the team's bus on to the Hilton's drop-off zone. I checked closely and there were NO players under the bus ( :)) =)) ). We then proceeded to Bloomington and retired about 230 AM. We did watch the Easter service from the Chapel and then drove back to Indy to walk around the zoo for almost 3 hours. Claire was allowed to join us for dinner for a couple hours and we returned to Bloomington. Another short night of sleep followed as we visited with Joy's brother (a huge Duke fan) and his wife for several hours and then went to breakfast about 9 AM. The car managed to find its way back to Indy about noon on Monday for a trip to the Brickyard and a short bus tour behind the scenes. The bus was not allowed on the track as it had been rented our for some folks driving the Indy cars around it. Wow, they are loud and a very spine-tingling loud. We wandered around town for a while, met ILJ, son of DD and YBT for dinner and then headed to the champeenship game, finally leaving Indy about 130 AM and driving to Columbus, Ind., finally nodding off about 330 AM. The alarm was set early for a breakfast and then an 11 hour trip back to Raleigh. Exhausting but completely rewarding.

Why the journal/diary now? In the wrong thread even. Because the trip was about family. It was our direct family. It was about our extended family. It involved the cheerleading family. And it also involved the CT family which began a year ago. We organized as a board of PWs, renegades and imaginary contacts and have evolved to Brunchgates, support groups and, most importanlty, to friendships. As I have said on many occasions, last year truly sucked. It's gone, but not forgotten. But during that year, we built this board and it fostered many good relationships. And I hope it will translate to many more friendships and experiences. This community has been a very special part of all of our lives and we look forward to seeing it continue for a long, long time. At times, I have had difficulty believing and appreciating the events of the last 7 days. But I realize I don't have to be ecstatic every moment to enjoy them. So, many times I just sat down, relaxed and reflected on the last year and realized how peaceful, content and satisfied I could be by simply being thankful for the events of this year so far. It is truly a warm, rewarding feeling.

Sorry so long. Y'all have been great and thanks for sharing your prayers, thoughts, vibes and concern for us AND for each other as we celebrate our 1st anniversary. Well done, folks. Well done.

:ymhug: :Clap:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2010, 11:18 pm

devildeac wrote: Sorry so long. Y'all have been great and thanks for sharing your prayers, thoughts, vibes and concern for us AND for each other as we celebrate our 1st anniversary. Well done, folks. Well done.

Awesome! :ymhug:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 9th, 2010, 1:14 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote: Sorry so long. Y'all have been great and thanks for sharing your prayers, thoughts, vibes and concern for us AND for each other as we celebrate our 1st anniversary. Well done, folks. Well done.

Awesome! :ymhug:
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! DD (U R class act) along with everyone else here! CB&B, YOU MY FRIEND, ARE AMAZING!!!! NOT SHOUTING, but I get overly emotionally when I hold the shift key down!!!! ;) :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: I LOVE ALL OF Y' ALL CRAZIES!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 9th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Great post, devild***! Happy birthday, team!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 9th, 2010, 7:16 pm

devildeac wrote:I'm gonna try and keep this short as I am rather sleep-deprived after the last 7 days of March, err, April Madness :D .
We drove ~500 miles on Friday to sup and sip with Monsieur Lavabe and stayed up a bit too late. We drove 210 miles to Indy kinda early Saturday and spent the day walking around the city enjoying the crowds and festivities.
Surprised that he did not mention how we went to the Liquor Barn, during which time, he proceeded to call CB&B as to what brews (at what ABV percentage) were available. The level of strategizing was AMAZING. We then returned home to finish off the LTE milestone quest (the one that ended with Duke winning the WVU game).

We shared a Collaboration, Not Litigation. Ymm...
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:I'm gonna try and keep this short as I am rather sleep-deprived after the last 7 days of March, err, April Madness :D .
We drove ~500 miles on Friday to sup and sip with Monsieur Lavabe and stayed up a bit too late. We drove 210 miles to Indy kinda early Saturday and spent the day walking around the city enjoying the crowds and festivities.
Surprised that he did not mention how we went to the Liquor Barn, during which time, he proceeded to call CB&B as to what brews (at what ABV percentage) were available. The level of strategizing was AMAZING. We then returned home to finish off the LTE milestone quest (the one that ended with Duke winning the WVU game).

There better be some of those brews left! X(

By the way...that was one of the coolest phone calls ever. My wife was watching me talk with a huge "WTF" look. =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 9th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Lavabe wrote:

I said I was trying to keep it short, not publish a beer review collection...
:-*
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 9th, 2010, 11:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

There better be some of those brews left! X(

By the way...that was one of the coolest phone calls ever. My wife was watching me talk with a huge "WTF" look. =))
There are. You'll see tomorrow...

Plus one surprise.

Heh-heh...