How many heels have congratulated you?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: How many heels have congratulated you?

Post by CathyCA » April 8th, 2010, 12:02 am

rockymtn devil wrote:One of the partners is a Terp and he came in to my office to congratulate me on Tuesday morning. I don't associate with Heels, so I haven't had to receive a faux congrats from any ;)
THAT was my favorite part about living in California.

My favorite part about living in North Carolina is Exhibit D: NCAA Championship Banner #4.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 8th, 2010, 7:59 am

I only work with one heel - and he congratulated me first thing Tuesday morning. I did the same thing last year when the sickly shade of blue won. When he realized I was a Dukie when I first started here he said "is this going to get ugly??" and told him I do not talk smack..for the simple reason that what goes around comes around - there is always another game/another season....as he was leaving my desk this year he turned around and said "I'm glad I did not give you any crap last year...it would be coming back wouldn't it" my reply was "raised to a power of 10 Ed, raised to a power of 10"

Less than minute after we won I got a text message from a Kentucky fan friend of mine offering congrats...the Gator fans are all once again pretending basketball doesn't exists...I do have a pile of e-mails to answer from people I've worked with over the years - they always seem to think of me when March rolls around!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 8th, 2010, 8:34 am

1. But at least he was gracious and only mentioned last year once.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 8th, 2010, 11:01 am

Stevo congratulated me and is sincerely happy for us. My UK boss congratulated me on Tuesday.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 8th, 2010, 11:10 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I mean sincerely. Or at least have done a good job of hiding their resentment when doing so?

Here on the Hump Dump my score is ONE, bless his heart.
Love, Ima
bagel.jpg
bagel.jpg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 185 times
-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 8th, 2010, 4:48 pm

I actually got a couple of grudging, premature congratulations on Sunday. My pastor is a unc grad, and his wife and son, both good friends, congratulated me in the hallway, anticipating our victory Monday night (or perhaps attempting a jinx?). Since the game, one heel has congratulated me...one of my high school teachers, now residing in DC.
The best congratulations from a (former) heel, though, came from Katie, who informed me after the game and as pandemonium erupted that she no longer intends to be a heel. :D ;;) :ymhug: :x
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2010, 5:19 pm

Number of heels congratulating me after the game this year = 0.
Number of heels calling or emailing me to rub it in after last year's game = between 5 and 10.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 8th, 2010, 6:27 pm

wilson wrote:I actually got a couple of grudging, premature congratulations on Sunday. My pastor is a unc grad, and his wife and son, both good friends, congratulated me in the hallway, anticipating our victory Monday night (or perhaps attempting a jinx?). Since the game, one heel has congratulated me...one of my high school teachers, now residing in DC.
The best congratulations from a (former) heel, though, came from Katie, who informed me after the game and as pandemonium erupted that she no longer intends to be a heel. :D ;;) :ymhug: :x
WOOWOOO :D :Clap: :Clap: \:d/ \:d/ ^:)^ ^:)^
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 8th, 2010, 6:28 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Number of heels congratulating me after the game this year = 0.
Number of heels calling or emailing me to rub it in after last year's game = between 5 and 10.
Are they "friends"?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Number of heels congratulating me after the game this year = 0.
Are they "friends"?
Not after their phone calls and emails. :obscene-birdiered:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 8th, 2010, 6:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
Are they "friends"?
Not after their phone calls and emails. :obscene-birdiered:
Actually those jackasses aren't as bad as the one's who called after we lost in NC games. Those people are just evil, calling to laugh because Duke lost, even though their damn team didn't even make it that far. You feel bad enough, you don't need some bastard calling you up to make you feel worse.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 8th, 2010, 6:58 pm

wilson wrote:I actually got a couple of grudging, premature congratulations on Sunday. My pastor is a unc grad, and his wife and son, both good friends, congratulated me in the hallway, anticipating our victory Monday night (or perhaps attempting a jinx?). Since the game, one heel has congratulated me...one of my high school teachers, now residing in DC.
Will you please share the secret potion that you and Miles gave your awesome women? Stevo needs a quadruple dose. Thanks :D
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 8th, 2010, 8:57 pm

I only know 1 tar heel around here. I'll see her Sunday so I'll let you know what she says.
Life is good!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 8th, 2010, 9:07 pm

NONE
There was a call from one last night at 11:00 that ent unanswered. He knows better than to call that late.
When I walked in to the Honda store in New Bern Wednesday afternoon, I was greeted with two shouts of "Nice T-shirt!". :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 9th, 2010, 9:54 am

DukePA wrote:
wilson wrote:The best congratulations from a (former) heel, though, came from Katie, who informed me after the game and as pandemonium erupted that she no longer intends to be a heel. :D ;;) :ymhug: :x
Will you please share the secret potion that you and Miles gave your awesome women? Stevo needs a quadruple dose. Thanks :D
Katie just seemed genuinely impressed/inspired by the love that flows between that group, and by our abiding love for Duke University. We were talking about it again last night with a couple of her friends, and she said she's "never seen fans like that" for any team.
I'm pretty darned proud of that.