Duke University, 2010 NCAA Champions!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke University, 2010 NCAA Champions!

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2010, 12:21 am

bjornolf wrote:Just showed the burning benches on ESPN. :D

%%-
Be nice if they could burn espn.

(jk)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2010, 12:22 am

wilson wrote:I cried a bunch yesterday.
You are not the only one.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 12:23 am

devildeac wrote:
wilson wrote:I cried a bunch yesterday.
You are not the only one.
Welcome home! Hope y'all have some pictures to share!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 7th, 2010, 3:08 am

TillyGalore wrote:In the event your t-shirt isn't enough of a commemorative item, feel free to purchase this $160 waterford crystal commemorative basketball.

http://www.waterford.com/shop/product.a ... NCAA_Duke4
It's on my wish list, if anyone is so inclined! B-) I'm surprised it's "only" $160.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 7th, 2010, 8:43 am

We still won.
I checked.
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 8:48 am

wilson wrote:We still won.
I checked.
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Whew! #:-s
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » April 7th, 2010, 9:37 am

Chiming in late here....but, in case you all needed reminding, the Duke Blue Devils are the 2010 NCAA Men's National Champions!!!!!!

Great team, great story, and great to see two programs emphasizing building teams over the course of several seasons play an epic game. This year's tournament showed that you don't need one-and-dones to play for the national title.

Also--and maybe I'm wrong about this--but I've been a bit disappointed in the post-game coverage of Duke's win. I generally don't get worked up over the media "Duke hating" and feel that too many Duke fans get worked up over minor slights to the program (I take the approach that we must be doing something right to be hated as much as we are) but I was bothered by what seemed to be a focus on the losing team in the aftermath of the game. CBSSportsline.com's two "national" columnists (Doyel and Freeman) both had columns about Butler; none about Duke. On NBCSports.com, there was a column about how America was robbed of the ending it deserved (a Butler win...). On ESPN, even the "Duke" columns were about Butler. Don't get me wrong, Butler was a great story and that story should be told. But this year's Duke is also a great story and I think it has, by and large, become an afterthought. To its credit, SI has done a great job covering the "Duke story" and I look forward to getting my Jon Scheyer cover today in the mail.

Ok, venting over. GO DEVILS!!!
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2010, 2:05 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Chiming in late here....but, in case you all needed reminding, the Duke Blue Devils are the 2010 NCAA Men's National Champions!!!!!!

Great team, great story, and great to see two programs emphasizing building teams over the course of several seasons play an epic game. This year's tournament showed that you don't need one-and-dones to play for the national title.

Also--and maybe I'm wrong about this--but I've been a bit disappointed in the post-game coverage of Duke's win. I generally don't get worked up over the media "Duke hating" and feel that too many Duke fans get worked up over minor slights to the program (I take the approach that we must be doing something right to be hated as much as we are) but I was bothered by what seemed to be a focus on the losing team in the aftermath of the game. CBSSportsline.com's two "national" columnists (Doyel and Freeman) both had columns about Butler; none about Duke. On NBCSports.com, there was a column about how America was robbed of the ending it deserved (a Butler win...). On ESPN, even the "Duke" columns were about Butler. Don't get me wrong, Butler was a great story and that story should be told. But this year's Duke is also a great story and I think it has, by and large, become an afterthought. To its credit, SI has done a great job covering the "Duke story" and I look forward to getting my Jon Scheyer cover today in the mail.

Well, the gov of indiana also declared Butler the "true champions." Maybe they can get a helms trophy or something for "almost champion" or "champions in our own opinion." Maybe the shitty refs can go back and call a foul on Kyle for getting the back of his head in the way of howard's elbow on the crack-back block/illegal screen that was set on the game's last play.

Assclowns.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 2:10 pm

devildeac wrote: Well, the gov of indiana also declared Butler the "true champions." Maybe they can get a helms trophy or something for "almost champion" or "champions in our own opinion." Maybe the shitty refs can go back and call a foul on Kyle for getting the back of his head in the way of howard's elbow on the crack-back block/illegal screen that was set on the game's last play.

Assclowns.
:o) :o) :o) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » April 7th, 2010, 3:42 pm

devildeac wrote:Well, the gov of indiana also declared Butler the "true champions." Maybe they can get a helms trophy or something for "almost champion" or "champions in our own opinion."
They win the Evgeni Plushenko Platinum Medal.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 7th, 2010, 4:20 pm

devildeac wrote:Well, the gov of indiana also declared Butler the "true champions." Maybe they can get a helms trophy or something for "almost champion" or "champions in our own opinion." Maybe the shitty refs can go back and call a foul on Kyle for getting the back of his head in the way of howard's elbow on the crack-back block/illegal screen that was set on the game's last play.
Mr. Howard, meet Mr. McFarland. Mr. McFarland, meet Mr. Howard. :fight: :fight: :dizzy:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm

My jaw hit the floor when I heard not one, not two, but THREE different people say on "1st and 10" on "First Take" this week that the refs kept Butler in the game by calling it loosely and letting them hack away both on the perimeter and inside. They said they were embarrassed by how bad it was. Like I said, I was shocked. :-o I thought Duke got ALL the calls? Guess not in Final Fours, as we saw this year, and in 2004 and in 1999. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Check out this auction. You can bid on everything from the scissors K used to cut down the nets (signed scissors of course), to a "limited edition replica of the Werner ladder from the 2010 men's final four" (stupidest auction item ever).

http://ncaa.cstvauctions.com/gallery.cfm
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » April 7th, 2010, 5:51 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Chiming in late here....but, in case you all needed reminding, the Duke Blue Devils are the 2010 NCAA Men's National Champions!!!!!!

It's definitely been all about Butler almost winning rather then Duke actually winning. Starting with the worst 'One Shining Moment' ever - where there was maybe 10 seconds of Duke highlights in a tribute to us winning the chanpionship (and tons of Butler highlights). I don't expect the hacks at CBSSportline.com to EVER write anything good about Duke - Doyel's an asshat and Freeman's just an ass. Hell, even the postgame stuff on ESPNNews was all about Butler on Monday night and they've already got a sport science video up on how close the shot by Heyward was. SI has been the only bright spot so far.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 7th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:

It's definitely been all about Butler almost winning rather then Duke actually winning. Starting with the worst 'One Shining Moment' ever - where there was maybe 10 seconds of Duke highlights in a tribute to us winning the chanpionship (and tons of Butler highlights). I don't expect the hacks at CBSSportline.com to EVER write anything good about Duke - Doyel's an asshat and Freeman's just an ass. Hell, even the postgame stuff on ESPNNews was all about Butler on Monday night and they've already got a sport science video up on how close the shot by Heyward was. SI has been the only bright spot so far.
Guess it doesn't help to have friends in high places at cbs: (which to me means: can't broadcast shit)
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 7th, 2010, 8:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Check out this auction. You can bid on everything from the scissors K used to cut down the nets (signed scissors of course), to a "limited edition replica of the Werner ladder from the 2010 men's final four" (stupidest auction item ever).

I am putting up for auction two pairs of soiled underwear: one, a nice dark blue Polo brand pair from when the ball went out of bounds off of Zoubek's foot, and the other a plaid Polo brand pair from when the halfcourt shot went off the front of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

-EarlJam - who is back in Atlanta after a most wonderful trip to the Promised Land.
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » April 7th, 2010, 9:19 pm

EarlJam wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Check out this auction. You can bid on everything from the scissors K used to cut down the nets (signed scissors of course), to a "limited edition replica of the Werner ladder from the 2010 men's final four" (stupidest auction item ever).

I am putting up for auction two pairs of soiled underwear: one, a nice dark blue Polo brand pair from when the ball went out of bounds off of Zoubek's foot, and the other a plaid Polo brand pair from when the halfcourt shot went off the front of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

-EarlJam - who is back in Atlanta after a most wonderful trip to the Promised Land.
These items for auction.... are they signed?
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 7th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

These items for auction.... are they signed?
In a weird sort-of way, yes. :)

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: These items for auction.... are they signed?
As far as I know, only the scissors are...which is why they are probably the most expensive scissors on the internet. The caps and shirts were from the original batch given to the players, but not worn. If you click on each item, it says what the deal is.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 7th, 2010, 11:47 pm

EarlJam wrote:

LMAO at this!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith