What is your opinion of Bob Huggins?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bob Huggins is......

1. A basketball genius.
No votes
2. An over-rated bread-headed fuggle-wuggle.
50%
3. An underated pretty good coach.
17%
4. A red hot smokin' man of passion!
No votes
5. A pinhead.
33%

Total votes: 12
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: What is your opinion of Bob Huggins?

Post by Lavabe » April 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm

pinkbend wrote:I had one student who only "showed up in my class" (after registering for the course!) when I saw her on TV during the three-point dunk contest.
3-pt dunk contest? Now THAT I'd want to see! :twitch: ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 4th, 2010, 11:35 am

He keeps the refs on a course of proper perception of where fouls come from. What an ass!

Not sure of his genuine affection for his players. I don't trust the whispered words to Butler following his injury. =;

Call me cynical. I'll answer. :-
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 4th, 2010, 11:43 am

captmojo wrote: Not sure of his genuine affection for his players. I don't trust the whispered words to Butler following his injury. =;
"Jebus Christmas...what the hell were you thinking? Net even Buckaroo Bonzai would have made it through that mountain.."
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 4th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Last night at the arena, there was a collective concern for WVU's Butler, as you could see the man writhing in pain. It wasn't just the injury, but concern with his future; the guy needed the concern given by Huggins. Seriously... on this one I believe Huggins deserves the benefit of the doubt, and frankly, he deserves praise for his actions.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » April 4th, 2010, 12:33 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
captmojo wrote: Not sure of his genuine affection for his players. I don't trust the whispered words to Butler following his injury. =;
"Jebus Christmas...what the hell were you thinking? Net even Buckaroo Bonzai would have made it through that mountain.."
:ymapplause: :ymdevil:
robertduke32

Post by robertduke32 » April 4th, 2010, 12:42 pm

Where is PIMP on the poll?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 4th, 2010, 1:59 pm

robertduke32 wrote:Where is PIMP on the poll?
After seeing him in that gold suit, it would be a valid option.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 4th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Lavabe wrote:Last night at the arena, there was a collective concern for WVU's Butler, as you could see the man writhing in pain. It wasn't just the injury, but concern with his future; the guy needed the concern given by Huggins. Seriously... on this one I believe Huggins deserves the benefit of the doubt, and frankly, he deserves praise for his actions.
I agree. Huggy Bear's heart grew three sizes that night. Seriously, though, my opinion of him definitely received a big boost after seeing that.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 4th, 2010, 3:38 pm

USA Today is now reporting that DaSean Butler tore his ACL and sprained his MCL. Prayers and Vibes to the young man for a good recovery. :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... l-sprain/1

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 4th, 2010, 3:40 pm

bjornolf wrote:USA Today is now reporting that DaSean Butler tore his ACL and sprained his MCL. Prayers and Vibes to the young man for a good recovery. :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... l-sprain/1

%%-
That's much worse than the single sprain that I had heard reported.
He sounds like an incredible character, vibes to him. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 4th, 2010, 3:59 pm

In all honesty, D Butler seems to be a really good student athlete. WVU students and Duke student sections chanted on his behalf last night. Vibes to him.

According to ESPN, Huggy did at first complain that Zoubek should have received a foul, but I think every coach would have done the same in his shoes, even though it looked like a charge. Huggy dropped that quickly as soon as he was allowed on the court to attend to his player.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 4th, 2010, 8:10 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Last night at the arena, there was a collective concern for WVU's Butler, as you could see the man writhing in pain. It wasn't just the injury, but concern with his future; the guy needed the concern given by Huggins. Seriously... on this one I believe Huggins deserves the benefit of the doubt, and frankly, he deserves praise for his actions.
I agree. Huggy Bear's heart grew three sizes that night. Seriously, though, my opinion of him definitely received a big boost after seeing that.

%%-
I agree that we saw the compassionate side of him last night. I hope that Da'Sean recovers completely from the injury.

It was still uncomfortable watching Huggins remain in Da'Sean's personal space for such a long time.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 5th, 2010, 5:57 am

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
I agree that we saw the compassionate side of him last night. I hope that Da'Sean recovers completely from the injury.

It was still uncomfortable watching Huggins remain in Da'Sean's personal space for such a long time.
The kid was writhing in pain and emotional agony. That was the only way Huggy Bear could think of to get him to STOP doing that and pay attention to him so he could calm him. People, in the end, are animals, and animals that get scared and hurt are hard to reason with. I've seen many horse and dog owners do similar to calm them. Maybe it's just that I'm a football player. We're used to our coaches getting in our personal space. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 5th, 2010, 8:32 am

I'm with bjornolf, I don't see any problems with Huggins getting into DaSean's personal space. I found it touching and my Huggins earned a tad bit of respect from me. He's so far into the red though that not even this compassionate act makes a difference in my overall opinion of the "man". He is a cancer for college basketball and I'm not sure he offers much more to the human race.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 5th, 2010, 8:40 am

I watched some replays last PM. I don't like the guy but I think he was fine in his actions, especially considering the extent of the injury.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 5th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Well....I said I was cynical. :whistle:

You guys are right.

The referees were also right. Zoubek was there. Butler took the extra step into him.

I have no beef with young Mr. Butler, aside from his uncalled shove into Zoubek's back that rolled Zoubek onto the floor, under the basket without a peep on the whistle from any Zebra :-o during the first half. :whistle:

Huggins made some bad comments along the way out to check his player's condition that can be considered hastily blurted in the heat of the moment. Yet I do believe those to be his true impressions that are percieved by him and others that we all know to be unjustified. Duke does NOT get all the calls. At the time, if memory serves, the team-foul count for the half was Duke-5(?)/WV-2(?).

I don't know what was said by him to Butler, and we'll not know because neither will say, and it's nobody else's business. I'll let it stand for what it is, yet reserve for myself the chance that those words may have been self-serving. I hope that chance is incorrect.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"