NCAA Expansion - If you HAD to vote...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

If your vote counted, would you vote FOR or AGAINST expansion to 96 Teams in NCAA B'Ball Tourney?

1. For
No votes
2. Against
100%

Total votes: 18
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: NCAA Expansion - If you HAD to vote...

Post by Jesus_hurley » April 22nd, 2010, 4:35 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Now they only want to expand to 68 teams, which would still leave the holes playing in the NIT. :D

Also, CBS and Turner will show all of next year's games live.

http://crazietalk.net/blog1.php/2010/04 ... d-of-money
I can totally deal with 68 teams. A wacky number, but no wackier than 65, and waaay better than 96.
I can deal with 68. But the play in games should be between the last 8 teams to get in, not automatic qualifiers. They could play for the 12 seed or something like that.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: NCAA Expansion - If you HAD to vote...

Post by wilson » April 23rd, 2010, 10:02 am

Jesus_hurley wrote:
wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Now they only want to expand to 68 teams, which would still leave the holes playing in the NIT. :D

Also, CBS and Turner will show all of next year's games live.

http://crazietalk.net/blog1.php/2010/04 ... d-of-money
I can totally deal with 68 teams. A wacky number, but no wackier than 65, and waaay better than 96.
I can deal with 68. But the play in games should be between the last 8 teams to get in, not automatic qualifiers. They could play for the 12 seed or something like that.
I disagree. As it is, the last few automatic qualifiers have virtually nil chance to win a game in the tournament. Participants in the last several play-in games have said themselves that they really enjoyed participating in it, because they got the stage to themselves and had a chance not just to participate in the proceedings, but to actually notch a win. I think this format will work just fine.