Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Vibes for our dog

Post by EarlJam » March 15th, 2010, 5:34 pm

DukeUsul,

Major vibes and prayers from here for good news on the lab results.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 15th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Thinking about Mia. I do hope she's ok. :ymhug:
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » March 15th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Thinking about Mia. I do hope she's ok. :ymhug:
Dave - me tooo! I kept checking to get the results.. please give US good news! :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 15th, 2010, 9:53 pm

Got a message from the vet today. Bloodwork all looked good. We need to call her back to talk about other things to check on before laying out the cash to MRI her.
-- DukeUsul
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 15th, 2010, 10:03 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Got a message from the vet today. Bloodwork all looked good. We need to call her back to talk about other things to check on before laying out the cash to MRI her.
Dave, I know that it is both a great and tough place to be! More vibes and prayers to you and the family and hope that the $'s are minimal as to not impact any of y'all! I hear ya on the cash outlay, tough decisions, but it sounds like you have thought this out and have done so with your wife as hard as it can be... .hugs and love to all of you! This is never easy! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 15th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Our whole family is still hurting from losing Native's sweet lab he grew up with. We all know all too well how hard it is to go through this dreadful worry. Hope your story has a happy ending this time. Meanwhile, I hope you can feel the big, wide hug that surrounds you all. Keep us posted. :ymhug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 16th, 2010, 12:34 pm

Any news today?
Still vibing hard. Love, Ima
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 16th, 2010, 12:38 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Any news today?
Still vibing hard. Love, Ima
The vet isn't in today, so we're waiting til tomorrow to talk to her about our options.
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 16th, 2010, 7:22 pm

More vibes and preyers for Mia. :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 18th, 2010, 10:21 pm

Now I'm worried. :-s Still vibing hard.
Love, Ima
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 18th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Now I'm worried. :-s Still vibing hard.
Love, Ima
We're taking our time. We won't know for a few weeks. It sounds like there is some kind of ultrasound + xray + biopsy they can do while our dogs go under anesthesia for a dental cleaning. It'll be cheaper than an MRI, although possibly not as good. We're getting quotes on our options. She's not sick or at immediate risk right now. But if it is a tumor, we need to get it sooner rather than later. I imagine it'll take the next couple of weeks before we get through all the tests.

Thanks everyone for the support! :O3 :O3 :O3 :O3
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 19th, 2010, 6:53 am

We will all be waiting to hear more, hopefully good news, about Mia. :ymhug:
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 25th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Took the two dogs in for dental cleanings today. While they were under anesthesia, we had them x-ray Mia's head. Hoping to find maybe an abscess above the roots of some teeth that would cause the swelling under the eye. X-rays came back negative. The teeth are in great shape.

So they had offered to do an ultrasound and aspiration of the tissue behind the eye, saying it would be cheaper than an MRI. But I think if we found a tumor that way, we'd need to pay for an MRI anyway before surgery. And if they didn't find anything that way, we'd want to pay for an MRI anyway to figure out what it is. So we decided not to do that. So now we have a referral to go to the NCSU vet school for a consultation. We'll be doing that in the next week or so.
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 25th, 2010, 9:43 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Took the two dogs in for dental cleanings today. While they were under anesthesia, we had them x-ray Mia's head. Hoping to find maybe an abscess above the roots of some teeth that would cause the swelling under the eye. X-rays came back negative. The teeth are in great shape.

So they had offered to do an ultrasound and aspiration of the tissue behind the eye, saying it would be cheaper than an MRI. But I think if we found a tumor that way, we'd need to pay for an MRI anyway before surgery. And if they didn't find anything that way, we'd want to pay for an MRI anyway to figure out what it is. So we decided not to do that. So now we have a referral to go to the NCSU vet school for a consultation. We'll be doing that in the next week or so.
I would also get the mri. Our pets are so much a part of our like. We spent a lot giving our Jack every chance. He didn't make it but we have not regrets doing all that could be done. I pray you have much better results.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 25th, 2010, 9:52 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Took the two dogs in for dental cleanings today. While they were under anesthesia, we had them x-ray Mia's head. Hoping to find maybe an abscess above the roots of some teeth that would cause the swelling under the eye. X-rays came back negative. The teeth are in great shape.

I had a dog and a cat treated at the vet school. The people are top notch; the treatment, excellent. They're on the cutting edge of so much in veterinary medicine.

Vibes and prayers for Mia and her family.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 26th, 2010, 12:06 am

We had our sweet Lab, Lucky, in the vet school hospital about a year ago for some big time surgery and they were wonderful to us and him. We're lucky to have them available.

But, I'd like to suggest another place our family has used since then and we just couldn't believe the top notch care and service we got. It's the Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Cary. Their staff is smart, devoted and caring, yet practical. And their facility is cutting edge. Thanks to their equipment and expertise, they were able to extract a big fish hook from the stomach of our daughter's dog without surgery. And just recently did all that was humanly possible to save our Lucky's littermate from prostate cancer. It was a losing battle, but those folks were on the job day and night right there in the trenches with the whole family, giving sound advice. When it was all over and we saw the bill, we were very pleasantly surprised. The next time a crises arises, that's where we'll go.

We're hoping you get great results from your tests on Mia. Good luck. Here's the link for the VSH in case you want to check them out. http://www.vshcarolinas.com

Lots of love, Ima
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 26th, 2010, 9:39 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:We had our sweet Lab, Lucky, in the vet school hospital about a year ago for some big time surgery and they were wonderful to us and him. We're lucky to have them available.

But, I'd like to suggest another place our family has used since then and we just couldn't believe the top notch care and service we got. It's the Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Cary. Their staff is smart, devoted and caring, yet practical. And their facility is cutting edge. Thanks to their equipment and expertise, they were able to extract a big fish hook from the stomach of our daughter's dog without surgery. And just recently did all that was humanly possible to save our Lucky's littermate from prostate cancer. It was a losing battle, but those folks were on the job day and night right there in the trenches with the whole family, giving sound advice. When it was all over and we saw the bill, we were very pleasantly surprised. The next time a crises arises, that's where we'll go.

We're hoping you get great results from your tests on Mia. Good luck. Here's the link for the VSH in case you want to check them out. http://www.vshcarolinas.com

Lots of love, Ima
This is a good suggestion, Ima. I'm familiar with this group having taken my current dog there to see the veterinary ophthalmologist several times. The staff includes vets who are associated with the NC State School of Veterinary Medicine.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 26th, 2010, 11:18 am

Thanks for all the vibes everyone! I'll take a look at VSH. Maybe I'll talk to both and get quotes on further procedures.

The vet called again this morning. She found blood, inflammatory cells, and crystals in Maggie's urine (the other dog). It might be a basic UTI - or it could be stones. Oy. Just what we need.
-- DukeUsul
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 26th, 2010, 11:48 am

Continued vibes and prayers for the puppies from VA!!!!! :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 26th, 2010, 12:18 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Thanks for all the vibes everyone! I'll take a look at VSH. Maybe I'll talk to both and get quotes on further procedures.

The vet called again this morning. She found blood, inflammatory cells, and crystals in Maggie's urine (the other dog). It might be a basic UTI - or it could be stones. Oy. Just what we need.
Major vibes for Mia and Maggie. Vibes for you that their ailments are easy on the wallet.
I worship the Blue Devil!