Duke vs the ACC

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke vs the ACC

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 13th, 2010, 6:50 pm

That was K's first technical of the year tonight..he was a late bloomer this season!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 13th, 2010, 7:03 pm

I 100% disagree about stall ball. It's an excellent strategy. We've used it very effectively in at least 5 games this year, if not more. And we haven't lost a game yet playing it.

Our problem tonight was with our execution of the offense while stalling. We are normally very good with it this year, and tonight was an exception. I don't blame K whatsoever for going to stall ball.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 13th, 2010, 9:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:That was K's first technical of the year tonight..he was a late bloomer this season!
TV or radio said it was his first since 2003 if I heard correctly. He deserved it. It was calculated. The refs deserved whatever earfuls they got from our bench. Even ILJ, who texted me during the game that she disagrees with some of my ref rants, had to take time and compose herself because she was so upset about how awful (x2) those three assclowns were in the 1st half.

I did ask our favorite cheerleader on the floor what K said but she didn't know. :whistle:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 13th, 2010, 9:53 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I 100% disagree about stall ball. It's an excellent strategy. We've used it very effectively in at least 5 games this year, if not more. And we haven't lost a game yet playing it.

Our problem tonight was with our execution of the offense while stalling. We are normally very good with it this year, and tonight was an exception. I don't blame K whatsoever for going to stall ball.
I think my disagreement today was starting it too soon, with momentum and with nearly dreadful execution.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » March 13th, 2010, 10:16 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:That was K's first technical of the year tonight..he was a late bloomer this season!
TV or radio said it was his first since 2003 if I heard correctly. He deserved it. It was calculated. The refs deserved whatever earfuls they got from our bench. Even ILJ, who texted me during the game that she disagrees with some of my ref rants, had to take time and compose herself because she was so upset about how awful (x2) those three assclowns were in the 1st half.

I did ask our favorite cheerleader on the floor what K said but she didn't know. :whistle:
and maybe the very best reaction to K'sT was his grandson (maybe 7-8 years old?) trying to vault onto the floor to take down the ref. His mother had to hold him back and calm him down. Priceless
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 13th, 2010, 11:54 pm

What would have happened had his grandson made it onto the court? :D

That would have been priceless.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 13th, 2010, 11:58 pm

shereec wrote:
devildeac wrote:

and maybe the very best reaction to K'sT was his grandson (maybe 7-8 years old?) trying to vault onto the floor to take down the ref. His mother had to hold him back and calm him down. Priceless
Ida paid good money to see one of his grandkids lay a good shin-kicking on jamie luckie. Heck, I'd pay good money to see one of the CT lovelies to do that, too!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 14th, 2010, 8:09 am

This makes me even more disgusted about the POS the acc puts on the court with striped shirts and whistles each game:

In case you’re wondering, Krzyzewski said he couldn’t read minds and thus had no idea why he was called for a technical foul. He also insisted that the T was “no motivational play at all.” But Smith said it fired up the Devils. “It showed he had
our backs, so we had to have his back.”

X(
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 14th, 2010, 8:44 am

devildeac wrote:
Watching at home I only saw the little guy crying in his mom's arms. Must have been tough there in the trenches! What a fierce and loyal clan they are! Clear to see the next generation has Poppie's back, too! Bless their hearts! :clap: :-BD :ymhug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 14th, 2010, 2:02 pm

Much better first half than we've been playing, and no words for Andre except WOW! He did have one bad, rushed shot, but those threes were great and that dunk! That dunk! That Dunk!!!!!
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » March 14th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Great game in a fantastic tournament... seeing the sea of blue in the Greensboro Coliseum is a beautiful sight indeed!

Now waiting for the next destination to be filled in. :ymhug: B-) :ymapplause: :ymparty: \:d/ :dance:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 14th, 2010, 5:30 pm

We won despite the best efforts of the men wearing black and white.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 14th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Lavabe wrote:We won despite the best efforts of the men wearing black and white.
I had visions of devildeac laying down several verbal smackdowns from his seat today.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 14th, 2010, 7:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:We won despite the best efforts of the men wearing black and white.
I had visions of devildeac laying down several verbal smackdowns from his seat today.
I was pissed several times in the 1st half as the FT difference mounted almost exponentially. X(

The 2nd half, less so. #:-s
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » March 14th, 2010, 10:51 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I was pissed several times in the 1st half as the FT difference mounted almost exponentially. X(

The 2nd half, less so. #:-s
We had to (mostly) hold our tongues because we had the cutest little yellow jacket fan (maybe 3 yrs old) sitting right behind us. He was only positive ("Go Jackets") and every time they were on the free throw line he'd yell "make your free throws just like the Blue Devils do!" Poor thing cried at the end of the game. I felt bad for him.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 15th, 2010, 6:05 am

shereec wrote:We had to (mostly) hold our tongues because we had the cutest little yellow jacket fan (maybe 3 yrs old) sitting right behind us. He was only positive ("Go Jackets") and every time they were on the free throw line he'd yell "make your free throws just like the Blue Devils do!" Poor thing cried at the end of the game. I felt bad for him.
My last experience going to a Duke game at Tech two years ago more than counterbalanced your experience yesterday. X(