Ben63 has chosen....

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Ben63 has chosen....

Post by DukieInKansas » May 29th, 2009, 12:34 pm

:ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymapplause: Congratulations on your graduation. Good studying and fun at Pitt. Do share the story. We can do long here.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 29th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Congratulations, Ben!!! Good luck at Pitt. As everyone else has mentioned, do tell the story about the switch.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 29th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Congratulations, Ben on both your graduation and acceptance to Pitt!!! Way to go! ^:)^ :-bd :ymparty: I think you just gave me a good reason to shut down for the day at the office and go celebrate on your behalf!!!!! :ymparty:
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » May 29th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Isn't it obvious? He couldn't, in good conscience, attend a school that knocked Duke out of the Lacrosse Final Four.

Congrats! Pitt is a great school in a wonderful city.
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 29th, 2009, 4:15 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Isn't it obvious? He couldn't, in good conscience, attend a school that knocked Duke out of the Lacrosse Final Four.

Congrats! Pitt is a great school in a wonderful city.
But he could have watched Greg Paulus play QB next fall.

When you get to Pitt, ask them "Who is Tony Dor-sett?" =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) And which team was the last to hold him under 100 yards gained while he was in college? ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 31st, 2009, 7:54 pm

Congrats on your choice!

(You do know they beat Duke in lacrosse right? By a lot? I know, I had to witness it in person :( )
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » May 31st, 2009, 11:10 pm

Congrats!
That's funny, I was considering applying to Georgetown next fall :p
Class of 2014
Ben63

Post by Ben63 » June 1st, 2009, 11:30 am

Lavabe wrote:
Ben63 wrote:Ben63 is no longer attending Syracuse. Ben63 will be attending Pitt. Long story about the change, but it is now official.

Also graduated high school tonight, check the Facebook for photos.

FWIW, Pitt was my #2 behind Duke when I was applying to college. Duke made a great financial aid package, otherwise I'd have been at Pitt.
OK so the story isn't really that long and Lavabe pretty much explained it for me. Duke made a great financial aid package for him, Syracuse did not do the same for me. There were also other factors that changed my decision and one was close friends of mine picked up a 5th Steelers ticket this season, so I will be able to go to a few games. The Penguins are a great team and games at the igloo are always fun. Alas, the Pirates suck but it's dirt cheap to go and PNC is the nicest park in the majors and they do promotions all the time. Syracuse has zero pro sports.

But we called Syracuse and asked for more money and they said no, so Pitt was the best option financially since it is in-state.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 1st, 2009, 12:44 pm

Ben63 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Ben63 wrote:Ben63 is no longer attending Syracuse. Ben63 will be attending Pitt. Long story about the change, but it is now official.

Also graduated high school tonight, check the Facebook for photos.

FWIW, Pitt was my #2 behind Duke when I was applying to college. Duke made a great financial aid package, otherwise I'd have been at Pitt.
OK so the story isn't really that long and Lavabe pretty much explained it for me. Duke made a great financial aid package for him, Syracuse did not do the same for me. There were also other factors that changed my decision and one was close friends of mine picked up a 5th Steelers ticket this season, so I will be able to go to a few games. The Penguins are a great team and games at the igloo are always fun. Alas, the Pirates suck but it's dirt cheap to go and PNC is the nicest park in the majors and they do promotions all the time. Syracuse has zero pro sports.

But we called Syracuse and asked for more money and they said no, so Pitt was the best option financially since it is in-state.
You wouldn't have looked good in orange, anyway. The Steelers ticket would have been enough reason for me! Good luck at Pitt.
Life is good!