house buying vibes, please!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: house buying vibes, please!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 20th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:DukePa, you are receiivng great advice. Thanks to all of you for helping our daughter. Love you all. :)
She's recieving lousy advice. What she neeeeeeds to do is borrow it all from Mom! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 20th, 2010, 7:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:DukePa, you are receiivng great advice. Thanks to all of you for helping our daughter. Love you all. :)
She's recieving lousy advice. What she neeeeeeds to do is borrow it all from Mom! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Her mom's advice is free. Her money, not so much! =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 21st, 2010, 10:00 am

She's recieving lousy advice. What she neeeeeeds to do is borrow it all from Mom! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))[/quote]
Her mom's advice is free. Her money, not so much! =)) =)) =))[/quote]

I was going to hit her up for a loan so we could hurry and finish redoing our house.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 23rd, 2010, 11:26 am

We saw the house and really like it, but I don't think this is THE house. We now have a realtor, Judy, a mortgage person, and a banker helping us out. There is an offer on the house, and since "short sales" are like "legal briefs," meaning neither is short or brief, I will wait until I hear back from the mortgage person to find out what I pre-qualify for before making an offer. At least there's time.

In the meantime, Judy feels she can find us something on the island or something waterfront on the mainland in the price range I want. If we go off the island, we can get a lot more house, duh. We're going to look like crazy and plan to find something by February 15th so that we'll have plenty of time to take advantage of the first time buyer's tax deduction which expires April 30th.

I'm feeling good about this and very excited! Thanks for all the vibes! They're helping :)

GO DUKE!!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 23rd, 2010, 4:15 pm

Happy hunting. I have no advice to add to what has already been offered so I'll just add best of luck buzzings.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 23rd, 2010, 4:52 pm

DukePA wrote:We saw the house and really like it, but I don't think this is THE house. We now have a realtor, Judy, a mortgage person, and a banker helping us out. There is an offer on the house, and since "short sales" are like "legal briefs," meaning neither is short or brief, I will wait until I hear back from the mortgage person to find out what I pre-qualify for before making an offer. At least there's time.

In the meantime, Judy feels she can find us something on the island or something waterfront on the mainland in the price range I want. If we go off the island, we can get a lot more house, duh. We're going to look like crazy and plan to find something by February 15th so that we'll have plenty of time to take advantage of the first time buyer's tax deduction which expires April 30th.

I'm feeling good about this and very excited! Thanks for all the vibes! They're helping :)

GO DUKE!!
You're smart to get pre approved/qualified and know what you can comfortably afford before you do much looking. I believe that when you walk into the house for you, you'll know it. You'll be envisioning where your furniture will go and see how you'd use the space.

One thing I realized in my last house search is that the number of square feet in a house is only part of whether it's the right size for you. How the space is utilized is at least as important as how much space there is.

Bon chance!