Albuquerque, NM?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Albuquerque, NM?

Post by DevilAlumna » May 11th, 2009, 11:49 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Well...for the civil rights job in Denver, I made the final two and they went with the other candidate. The firm was very gracious and want to keep in touch over the next few months to see if they can justify bringing me on in addition to the recent hire. In the end the other guy had 4 more years of trial experience than me (meaning he's tried cases himself) and I can't compete with that.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. The prospect of doing constitutional litigation got me very excited. At least it affirmed my desire to work in the field.
Sorry that it didn't turn out in your favor. Sounds like you did all you could, though, and now you've got new contacts and people on your side in that firm, so that's all to your benefit.

Here's hoping for better results on the next one.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 12th, 2009, 9:16 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
rockymtn devil wrote:Well...for the civil rights job in Denver, I made the final two and they went with the other candidate. The firm was very gracious and want to keep in touch over the next few months to see if they can justify bringing me on in addition to the recent hire. In the end the other guy had 4 more years of trial experience than me (meaning he's tried cases himself) and I can't compete with that.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. The prospect of doing constitutional litigation got me very excited. At least it affirmed my desire to work in the field.
Sorry that it didn't turn out in your favor. Sounds like you did all you could, though, and now you've got new contacts and people on your side in that firm, so that's all to your benefit.

Here's hoping for better results on the next one.
Sorry you didn't get the job. Wished I'd known as I would have sent vibes too. As DA noted above, sounds like you've made some good contacts. I once had an interviewer call me after 2 years to see if I was available. Good impressions last a very long time.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 12th, 2009, 9:27 am

Sorry about the results, but well... keep in touch with them. You never know what will happen with the firm, and the people you met at the firm may come back and be helpful. Disappointed for now, but making a good series of interviews really does wonders. Here's to hoping you get a few more, whether they be in Denver or Al-ba-ker-KAY.

Did all your posts on Ymm, Beer help out in the interview process? :ymapplause: :-j :-bd
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 12th, 2009, 9:33 am

Shoot! That's really hard to get so close and not get the nod.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It sounds as if they really do want to bring you on with the firm. Maybe a big case will come along and they'll need your help. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 12th, 2009, 11:08 am

That sucks. Better luck next time.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 12th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Sorry to hear this news! I was rooting for YOU! Keep your chin up, they want YOU....... :-bd
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 12th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Sorry things didn't work out, but it sounds like you made a very good impression though. Continued vibes that they'll find a way to bring you on!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein