Winter Olympics Thread: Vancouver 2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Winter Olympics Thread: Vancouver 2010

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2010, 7:09 pm

windsor wrote:Colchar, I will be telling her that you think Linday is hot.

005.JPG
There's a big difference between w.d. and Lindsey Vonn...
... Lindsey Vonn is married.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 7:25 pm

005.JPG

It is perfectly alright to think other people are hot so long as you never ever ever do anything more than think it.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 7:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

005.JPG
Windsor's Daughter is (still) hot too! :D

Damned straight she is!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Lavabe wrote:

005.JPG

WD is spoken for.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 4th, 2010, 7:44 pm

005.JPG
Damn, is that Red Bull girl without a hat? :-?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 4th, 2010, 7:48 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

005.JPG

WD is spoken for.
FINALLY,..... I thought Youd never speak UP!!!! WOW!!!! :-BD
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 10:50 pm

cl15876 wrote:
FINALLY,..... I thought Youd never speak UP!!!! WOW!!!! :-BD

I just assumed everyone here knew she was spoken for...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 11:32 am

The Today show had a crawl saying that they would have Sasha Cohen on as a guest this morning.

Dam*... I thought I was going to see an interview with Borat.

Only 10 more days until the US Figure Skating Championships.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 5th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Lavabe wrote:The Today show had a crawl saying that they would have Sasha Cohen on as a guest this morning.

He's in Raleigh... :-
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 5th, 2010, 7:47 pm

Lavabe wrote:The Today show had a crawl saying that they would have Sasha Cohen on as a guest this morning.

Has she pulled out of the US Figure Skating Championships yet, or will she wait until the day before they start?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Speaking of international sports - the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship gold medal game is on right now. It is Canada vs US. They played a hell of a game on New Year's Eve (Canada won), which was even better than last year's awesome New Year's Eve game (Canada won that as well...in fact, Canada is enjoying something like a 6-7 game winning streak against the US).

Canada has won five gold medals in a row and are going for their sixth tonight. They've won five in a row a few times but have never won six in a row. The pressure on these kids is unfathomable.

Anyway, the first period is only half over so if any of you like hockey check this game out.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 8:21 pm

colchar wrote:Speaking of international sports - the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship gold medal game is on right now. It is Canada vs US. They played a hell of a game on New Year's Eve (Canada won), which was even better than last year's awesome New Year's Eve game (Canada won that as well...in fact, Canada is enjoying something like a 6-7 game winning streak against the US).

Canada has won five gold medals in a row and are going for their sixth tonight. They've won five in a row a few times but have never won six in a row. The pressure on these kids is unfathomable.

Anyway, the first period is only half over so if any of you like hockey check this game out.
Two questions:
1) On what channel? :-w :-w
2) Think we get it? :-w :-w
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2010, 8:23 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Has she pulled out of the US Figure Skating Championships yet, or will she wait until the day before they start?
I wonder if the results are fixed on this competition. #-o
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Speaking of international sports - the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship gold medal game is on right now. It is Canada vs US. They played a hell of a game on New Year's Eve (Canada won), which was even better than last year's awesome New Year's Eve game (Canada won that as well...in fact, Canada is enjoying something like a 6-7 game winning streak against the US).

Two questions:
1) On what channel? :-w :-w
2) Think we get it? :-w :-w
Up here it is on TSN (The Sports Network - think ESPN).

It should be on somewhere down there - it is your national team after all.

The US just went up 3-2 after scoring on the power play (a completely bullshit call against one of the Canadian kids created the power play).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 10:17 pm

What a fucking hockey game. Canada scored twice in the last three minutes to tie the game (the same player - Jordan Eberle - scored both goals) and it is now going into overtime.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 5th, 2010, 10:22 pm

colchar wrote:What a fucking hockey game. Canada scored twice in the last three minutes to tie the game (the same player - Jordan Eberle - scored both goals) and it is now going into overtime.
I was trying to find it, but got distracted when I found a replay of the UNC loss to the COUGARS of Charleston!!!!! Way to go Cougars!!!! GgggroowwwlLLLLLLLLL!!!!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The US scored in overtime to win the game and the gold medal (six years to the day since their last gold medal which they earned for beating Canada in Helsinki). Once again, Canada wins five world championships in a row but just cannot win the sixth one.

That, by the way, should give you an idea of how seriously we take our hockey. Our 17 and 18 year old kids have won five straight world championships (and we've accomplished that on, I think, three occasions - maybe four) and we're crushed when they can't win a sixth. Any other country, in any other sport, would consider five straight world championships as an incredible accomplishment but we expect more - anything but gold is considered failure.

Fuck.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2010, 10:52 pm

colchar wrote: The US scored in overtime to win the game and the gold medal (six years to the day since their last gold medal which they earned for beating Canada in Helsinki). Once again, Canada wins five world championships in a row but just cannot win the sixth one.
**== **== **== **==
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 11:01 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote: The US scored in overtime to win the game and the gold medal (six years to the day since their last gold medal which they earned for beating Canada in Helsinki). Once again, Canada wins five world championships in a row but just cannot win the sixth one.
**== **== **== **==

We don't like losing, especially in this tournament, but we really really really hate losing to the US.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 5th, 2010, 11:04 pm

I just checked the smilies list and find it a little disturbing that there is no Canadian flag smilie X( [-(
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------