Next week's forecast

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Next week's forecast

Post by devildeac » January 18th, 2010, 12:16 am

Forecast? Yea, kerlina can still go to hell... :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 25th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Damned if it isn't forecast to be really nasty with some sort of frozen shit falling throughout the southeast on Friday and Saturday. That stinks (pun intended). I was planning on going back up to Foscoe on Friday to see my granddaughter.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 26th, 2010, 7:37 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Damned if it isn't forecast to be really nasty with some sort of frozen shit falling throughout the southeast on Friday and Saturday. That stinks (pun intended). I was planning on going back up to Foscoe on Friday to see my granddaughter.
Vibes that the weather will not be bad and you can go. Grandchildren are special. :)
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » January 27th, 2010, 1:16 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Damned if it isn't forecast to be really nasty with some sort of frozen shit falling throughout the southeast on Friday and Saturday. That stinks (pun intended). I was planning on going back up to Foscoe on Friday to see my granddaughter.
All I can offer is either go a little early and maybe get stranded there (an excuse to spend time with the grandbaby) OR, remember that the last 7 "events" they were only (slightly) right once. The odds are with ya that this is not gonna be a big deal.

And being you want to go there, I'd take that chance (versus them coming to you).
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 27th, 2010, 2:03 pm

knights68 wrote:
All I can offer is either go a little early and maybe get stranded there (an excuse to spend time with the grandbaby) OR, remember that the last 7 "events" they were only (slightly) right once. The odds are with ya that this is not gonna be a big deal.

And being you want to go there, I'd take that chance (versus them coming to you).
I'm planning to go up on Thursday. Whether or not we come back on Sunday (when the weather will be sunny but bitterly cold), and how passable the roads are Sunday afternoon, is the bigger question. Temps HERE are forecast for a low in the low/mid teens Saturday (and Sunday) night - there won't be much melting going on, which is probably a good thing. Up there, single digits. Brrrr.

knights68

Post by knights68 » January 27th, 2010, 2:26 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I'm planning to go up on Thursday. Whether or not we come back on Sunday (when the weather will be sunny but bitterly cold), and how passable the roads are Sunday afternoon, is the bigger question. Temps HERE are forecast for a low in the low/mid teens Saturday (and Sunday) night - there won't be much melting going on, which is probably a good thing. Up there, single digits. Brrrr.
Oh yeah, up Boone way it would be cold, 'sho nuff! But if ya get delayed and HAVE to stay there an extra day due to the icyness, will it really break your heart? lol
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 28th, 2010, 5:01 pm

To Foscoe tonight! Although I haven't left yet. Bought them a queen-sized sleeper/sofa and have rented an Enterprise cargo van to take it up there! No sleeping on a crappy futon for me tonight! :D

And I can drop off the van in Boone tomorrow and then drive back with Mrs. Ozzie whenever we are able to leave - Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 28th, 2010, 5:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:To Foscoe tonight! Although I haven't left yet. Bought them a queen-sized sleeper/sofa and have rented an Enterprise cargo van to take it up there! No sleeping on a crappy futon for me tonight! :D

And I can drop off the van in Boone tomorrow and then drive back with Mrs. Ozzie whenever we are able to leave - Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.
Cool..travel safely!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 28th, 2010, 6:59 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:To Foscoe tonight! Although I haven't left yet. Bought them a queen-sized sleeper/sofa and have rented an Enterprise cargo van to take it up there! No sleeping on a crappy futon for me tonight! :D

Excellent idea! A win-win present! Have fun and be careful on the drive home!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Like I said before, You & Mrs. Ozzie are good parents, and now good grandparents. Enjoy your time. :)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2010, 12:45 am

cl15876 wrote:

Got up here about 10:45. Then we had to figure out how to get the dang thing through the door and up the stairs. It is big and heavy, even taking the cushions and mattress off first. Did I mention it was big and heavy? It was the through the door part that was tough. We ended up taking the hinges off. Fortunately a neighbor was out walking his dog and helped us with the carrying up the stairs part. I owe him a beer, but he said he was underage (I guess he's 20). We had it all set up by 11:45 - not too bad. We'll see how it sleeps shortly... :D

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 7:30 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

Got up here about 10:45. Then we had to figure out how to get the dang thing through the door and up the stairs. It is big and heavy, even taking the cushions and mattress off first. Did I mention it was big and heavy? It was the through the door part that was tough. We ended up taking the hinges off. Fortunately a neighbor was out walking his dog and helped us with the carrying up the stairs part. I owe him a beer, but he said he was underage (I guess he's 20). We had it all set up by 11:45 - not too bad. We'll see how it sleeps shortly... :D
Glad you got up there safely and before the weather turns.

Now the question is, was the sleeper part of the sofa comfortable?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 29th, 2010, 8:25 am

Ozzie, you are hereby invited to spend the night at our place. I must warn you though, all we have is a crappy futon. However, we are accepting gifts of queen-sized sleeper/sofas so if you bring one we'll let you sleep on that.

There could be some Bud Light in this deal. See you when you get out of the mountains. :-D
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2010, 10:35 am

Miles wrote:

Ozzie, you are hereby invited to spend the night at our place. I must warn you though, all we have is a crappy futon. However, we are accepting gifts of queen-sized sleeper/sofas so if you bring one we'll let you sleep on that.

There could be some Bud Light in this deal. See you when you get out of the mountains. :-D
Sorry, Miles, but it was a one of a kind closeout at a store going out of business! But I'll gladly accept your Bud Light anytime. ;) ;) ;)

As far as comfort, it was pretty good. Would be nice if the mattress was slightly thicker, but no crossbars were hitting us in our backs while we slept. I'm very satisfied with it so far. And it sits well for watching TV and/or holding the baby!

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2010, 10:36 am

No snow here yet. Maybe by mid afternoon.

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 29th, 2010, 10:38 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'll gladly accept your Bud Light anytime. ;) ;) ;)
You're welcome to every Bud Light that ever comes my way, OZ. :ymhug:
Congrats again on the little one, and well done on scoring the sofa. I love bargain hunting.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2010, 4:08 pm

It started snowing in Foscoe at 3:15. 45 minutes later there is about 1/4" on the railing. It started sticking immediately. This is going to be a big one... :p

Miles

Post by Miles » January 29th, 2010, 4:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:It started snowing in Foscoe at 3:15. 45 minutes later there is about 1/4" on the railing. It started sticking immediately. This is going to be a big one... :p
Deja Vu.

Buddy in Gastonia said it's already sticking out there. Weather maps show a doozy.
sMiles
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » January 29th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Weather channel dude just said 10-15" in Raleigh. Wonder what that would mean here in Derm!
-- DukeUsul
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 29th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Fine, dry snow has been falling lightly for about an hour here in WS. This is like the appetizer at the beginning of the meal. It's not the real snow storm. That's due here between 10A and midnight. On the hour by hour forecast, the Weather Channel shows a red box around the time period of 9A until noon on Saturday.... designated as HEAVY SNOW. Snow is expected to continue off and on until the early morning hours Sunday. Accumulations of up to 11 inches are possible. The local meteorologist just mentioned accumulations as deep as 16" for some parts of the viewing area.

Where is EarlJam when you need him? We've got a major snow event underway and he's MIA.