devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2009, 12:27 pm

bjornolf wrote:Image

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!

%%-
Way cool.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 25th, 2009, 1:58 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Mele Kalikimaka!!

It's been busy here in the Galore home. Papa Galore has been to four masses. When you are essentially the pastor of a church, you work on Christmas eve and Christmas day. His parish is poor and since they were no masses last weekend there was no collection. Dad is hoping there will be an influx of money this weekend as they are running low. According to my mother, Dad won't take a paycheck if there isn't enough money to cover expenses. I love my dad. I hope I can be more like him.

Cathy, when I read your post I cried. I pray that the members of your family, and all on this board who are suffering or have members of their family suffering, will find some peace and joy today. Cathy, your sister-in-law is very lucky to have you in her life.

Safe travels to all the travelers today.

I love you all, my family.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Tilly! I didn't know that we had this in common!

My dad was a United Methodist minister! We never saw him on Christmas Eve. Except for Easter, Christmas Eve was his busiest working day of the entire year. So many Christians are CEOs (Christmas-Easter Onlies), and they need the church and the attention of the pastor at Christmas and Easter. PKs get real life lessons in learning to share at an early age when they must share the attention of their parents with so many others in the community.

I hope that the little bit of time you get to spend with your Dad is memorable! I know that your folks are glad to have you there for Christmas
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » December 25th, 2009, 5:30 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
I'm so excited about dinner (Fondu).

I hope everyone's Christmas as AWESOME.
Class of 2014
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » December 25th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Merry Christmas, everybody. I'm sniffly and blah today, but grateful to have my family around me. We all agreed to only give gifts to the younguns, so my boys made out like bandits, being 2/3 of the grandchildren on this side. My warmest thoughts to all y'all. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 25th, 2009, 8:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:.... In the midst of my joyful celebration of Christmas, I am taking the time to remember my friends and family members who are hurting. We live in a world of grief and pain that gifts and lights and glitter and carols and Christmas cookies cannot take away. My prayer is that sometime during this Christmas season, my friends and family who are grieving will experience a moment of peace, and know that they are loved.
Honey that is beautiful! Thank you for sharing this! I will pray this with you today and together very soon, kind of where my head was too!!!!! :ymhug: :-* :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 25th, 2009, 8:47 pm

Merry Christmas!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 25th, 2009, 11:10 pm

...and a GREAT NIGHT TO ALL...EVERY ONE. :Clap:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 26th, 2009, 10:54 am

CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Mele Kalikimaka!!

It's been busy here in the Galore home. Papa Galore has been to four masses. When you are essentially the pastor of a church, you work on Christmas eve and Christmas day. His parish is poor and since they were no masses last weekend there was no collection. Dad is hoping there will be an influx of money this weekend as they are running low. According to my mother, Dad won't take a paycheck if there isn't enough money to cover expenses. I love my dad. I hope I can be more like him.

Cathy, when I read your post I cried. I pray that the members of your family, and all on this board who are suffering or have members of their family suffering, will find some peace and joy today. Cathy, your sister-in-law is very lucky to have you in her life.

Safe travels to all the travelers today.

I love you all, my family.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Tilly! I didn't know that we had this in common!

My dad was a United Methodist minister! We never saw him on Christmas Eve. Except for Easter, Christmas Eve was his busiest working day of the entire year. So many Christians are CEOs (Christmas-Easter Onlies), and they need the church and the attention of the pastor at Christmas and Easter. PKs get real life lessons in learning to share at an early age when they must share the attention of their parents with so many others in the community.

I hope that the little bit of time you get to spend with your Dad is memorable! I know that your folks are glad to have you there for Christmas
I wish this were true, what we have in common. My dad became a deacon 4.5 years ago, and has been running the parish he is in for a 1.5 years. Still new to this PK thing. Though I have had to share my dad with the US as he was in the Air Force for over 37 years, but we got to spend holidays together.

I think it's interesting that the busiest time of the liturgical year, Christmas and Easter, is the time when preacher's family's end up spending the least amount of time together. And yet, we consider these family type holidays. Ahh, the contradictory nature of life.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 26th, 2009, 2:01 pm

and god bless us all. :ymhug:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 27th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone! Just returned home after spending the weekend with my family in Arkansas. I arrived in time to attend Christmas Eve services at my home church with the family. CathyCA's words are so true - two families within my home church experienced loss this year, and it was a bittersweet time for them. There were lots of hugs for all of them; all of us have been where they are. Doesn't seem that long ago that my family celebrated our first Christmas without my grandmother. My two oldest nieces left on Christmas day; a close fried of theirs was killed in a car accident last week, and it has been very difficult for them. The funeral was yesterday morning. With Cathy, I send prayers to those who have experienced the loss of a family member or close friend.

I'm lucky to be a member of such a loving community.Hope that all of you had a blessed holiday!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 27th, 2009, 8:46 pm

i do love ctn'ers. what a group of people. its wonderful to share, both ways, our thoughts and feelings. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: