Where are we?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Where are we?

Post by cl15876 » November 17th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Thank you honey! I am still not able to get this computer to work for some reason, but I had 180% confidence that you could! YOU ARE SOOO Brilliant!!!! I love you! :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 17th, 2009, 10:49 pm

I think I've got Colchar beat. Nearly as far North, but much much further West. Sue71 would probably best both of us, but I don't think she spends much time over here. (My blue bubble's on the map.)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 17th, 2009, 10:54 pm

cl15876 wrote:Thank you honey! I am still not able to get this computer to work for some reason, but I had 180% confidence that you could! YOU ARE SOOO Brilliant!!!! I love you! :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob:
180%?

Just call me an overachiever. :-B
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 17th, 2009, 11:13 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I think I've got Colchar beat. Nearly as far North, but much much further West. Sue71 would probably best both of us, but I don't think she spends much time over here. (My blue bubble's on the map.)
Like I said:

I dunno, DA might give you a run for your Canadien dollar...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 17th, 2009, 11:16 pm

I have added my location. The car in the driveway is, sadly, no longer at this address. I still miss my manual transmission. However, the BLUDEVL license looks better on the new blue car.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 17th, 2009, 11:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Derm. Put my spot on the map.
You live right down the street from my Sunday School teachers' old house. They lived at 3612 Randolph Road. I used to go there all the time to play with their daughter, and I spent the night before my Duke freshman move-in day at their home. Great memories!
I don't have a google account, and don't want one, so I'm not looking it up. That being said, you have to live within walking distance of my dad. He's at the end of Randolph. (Past the Pickett intersection end)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 17th, 2009, 11:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Derm. Put my spot on the map.
You live right down the street from my Sunday School teachers' old house. They lived at 3612 Randolph Road. I used to go there all the time to play with their daughter, and I spent the night before my Duke freshman move-in day at their home. Great memories!
I don't have a google account, and don't want one, so I'm not looking it up. That being said, you have to live within walking distance of my dad. He's at the end of Randolph. (Past the Pickett intersection end)
How about that..I do have an account..and forgot. Your house is right down the road from dad's...and didn't exist when I was growing up. No offense, but I liked your house better when it was a forest.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 17th, 2009, 11:37 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Thank you honey! I am still not able to get this computer to work for some reason, but I had 180% confidence that you could! YOU ARE SOOO Brilliant!!!! I love you! :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob:
180%?

Just call me an overachiever. :-B
Yes my dear, YOU ARE an over Achiever!!!! 100% is never good enough for US! ;) :ymhug: :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2009, 5:22 am

Where is captmojo? I did a Monty Python reference the other day, and there was no reply. I hope he's okay.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2009, 5:29 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I think I've got Colchar beat. Nearly as far North, but much much further West. Sue71 would probably best both of us, but I don't think she spends much time over here. (My blue bubble's on the map.)
May I place where I posted from this summer? If so, I have Sue and DA beat EASILY.

Otherwise, I have to put a marker in the land of people who can't stand this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyHyDjn53Uk&NR=1
:D ^:)^
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 18th, 2009, 8:06 am

cl15876 wrote:I think that is a neat idea! I am in Dumfries, VA. Bjornolf is not to far from me either.
Yea, I'm just on the other side of I-95 from 8-x , maybe a 10 minute drive, mostly navigating through his giant neighborhood! ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 18th, 2009, 8:13 am

gadzooks wrote:OK, try this link; you should be able to click "Edit", then navigate to your location (drag to center and use the scroll wheel or zoom controls on the left of the map) and add a placemark (the upside-down raindrop looking thing at upper left of the map, click on that and then where you want it) and you can add your name and whatever other text you want. I think you have to have a (free) Google account, but I or someone else can add placemarks for any folks who can't do one themselves.
I don't seem to have an upside-down raindrop anywhere on my map. I logged into my google account, but I can't seem to put down my mark. Maybe there's a limit on how many you can do. :(( Oh well, I live close to 8-x .

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » November 18th, 2009, 8:44 am

bjornolf wrote:
gadzooks wrote:OK, try this link; you should be able to click "Edit", then navigate to your location (drag to center and use the scroll wheel or zoom controls on the left of the map) and add a placemark (the upside-down raindrop looking thing at upper left of the map, click on that and then where you want it) and you can add your name and whatever other text you want. I think you have to have a (free) Google account, but I or someone else can add placemarks for any folks who can't do one themselves.
I don't seem to have an upside-down raindrop anywhere on my map. I logged into my google account, but I can't seem to put down my mark. Maybe there's a limit on how many you can do. :(( Oh well, I live close to 8-x .

%%-
Did you click on "Edit" first? You should see it at the top of the left-hand panel.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 18th, 2009, 8:56 am

Ah, that would be my problem. I clicked edit, but all I saw was the dialog box. I missed the that the map itself changed. My bad. Thanks. I'm on there now, though I seem to block out 8-x if you get far enough out to see anybody else. ;) Sorry for overshadowing you there bud.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 18th, 2009, 8:56 am

devildeac wrote:
Like I said:

Canadien?!?!?!?!?!?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 18th, 2009, 9:06 am

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Like I said:

Canadien?!?!?!?!?!?
I thought it was different; kinda like honour ;)

Oops, sorry. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 18th, 2009, 9:11 am

devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote: Like I said:

Canadien?!?!?!?!?!?
I thought it was different; kinda like honour ;)

Oops, sorry. :D
Wait a minute.

Canadian dollar.
Montreal Canadiens.

Explanation, por favor.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 18th, 2009, 9:47 am

devildeac wrote: Wait a minute.

Canadian dollar.
Montreal Canadiens.

Explanation, por favor.
I wouldn't want to speak for Colchar, but I BELIEVE it's a French v. English Canadian thing. The French part uses the "e", the English part uses the "a". Since the vast majority of the country falls into the English category, most "official" things use the "a". Since Montreal is in the French part, their hockey team uses the "e". And Canadians dis the Canadiens kind of like we Americans like to dis the folks from, say, West Virginia. Am I close Colchar? Eh? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 18th, 2009, 10:23 am

bjornolf wrote:Ah, that would be my problem. I clicked edit, but all I saw was the dialog box. I missed the that the map itself changed. My bad. Thanks. I'm on there now, though I seem to block out 8-x if you get far enough out to see anybody else. ;) Sorry for overshadowing you there bud.

%%-
No worries! I am a behind the scenes kind of guy anyway! ;) :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2009, 10:50 am

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote: Wait a minute.

Canadian dollar.
Montreal Canadiens.

Explanation, por favor.
I wouldn't want to speak for Colchar, but I BELIEVE it's a French v. English Canadian thing. The French part uses the "e", the English part uses the "a". Since the vast majority of the country falls into the English category, most "official" things use the "a". Since Montreal is in the French part, their hockey team uses the "e". And Canadians dis the Canadiens kind of like we Americans like to dis the folks from, say, West Virginia. Am I close Colchar? Eh? ;)

%%-
MOREOVER...
colchar is a loyal Maple Leaf fan, and ANY mention of the Habs ("Les Habitants Canadiens") is quite rightly greeted with utter contempt.

Sort of like saying to BD, "Have a HAPPY NY Yankee Day!"

FWIW, in my book, I loathe the Yankees, the Canadiens, and ManU... with ManU receiving most of my venom. The only team worse than ManU, to me, is Carowhinea. ;)