The new lady in my life...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: The new lady in my life...

Post by YmoBeThere » November 8th, 2009, 12:59 am

She came down with the "Upper Respiratory Infection" so I'm having to keep my cats separate for longer...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 10:38 am

YmoBeThere wrote:She came down with the "Upper Respiratory Infection" so I'm having to keep my cats separate for longer...
vibes for miss kitty-kitty. may she get well soon. :ymhug:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 8th, 2009, 11:37 am

YmoBeThere wrote:She came down with the "Upper Respiratory Infection" so I'm having to keep my cats separate for longer...
How is she doing?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 8th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Poor Eva. Keeping them apart a little longer isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives G&K more time to adapt to her smells.

So, are you going to refer to your kitties as KEG?
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 8th, 2009, 4:07 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Poor Eva. Keeping them apart a little longer isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives G&K more time to adapt to her smells.

Would that require that any kitty updates would need to be posted in the Ymmm, Beer thread?
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 8th, 2009, 5:44 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

Haha, I didn't think of that. Or EKG? I was focused on getting a 4th so I could call them GEEK. Or maybe a B for EVA so they could be KGB.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 8th, 2009, 5:45 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Would that require that any kitty updates would need to be posted in the Ymmm, Beer thread?
Given how much beer I don't drink, that would be about my only chance to contribute to that thread.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 10th, 2009, 8:05 pm

She's now running wildly about the apt. The other residents are none too pleased.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 10th, 2009, 8:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:She's now running wildly about the apt. The other residents are none too pleased.
Yay!!! The others will get used to her, I promise. It'll take a couple of days, but they'll all be getting along and you'll forget what life was like before Eva.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 11th, 2009, 6:45 am

Day 2 of Meet the Neighbors started about an hour ago. A lot less hissing so far today.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 11th, 2009, 6:48 am

I spoke too soon, :))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 12th, 2009, 6:59 am

Hows it go? Hissing, kissing, or just pissing? :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 5:38 pm

Sometimes in life, you fall in love at first sight...everything is wonderful but as suddenly as it happens it is over. No matter what you try to do...

The little lady in my life gave me much joy and happiness and definitely made the move to Cincinnati bearable. Unfortunately, she has been diagnosed with FIP which is incurable, fatal, and contagious. Here are some of our better moments together.

Wanting to go on a roadtrip...

A morning nap on a snowy Sunday morning

With her big sister Kelly

Relaxing in her new favorite spot
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 5:42 pm

I jotted these things down this weekend as I sat in the emergency room lobby...I post it here because I know I'll be able to find it again. I don't want to forget her.

All the things I love about Eva:

Scratching her right ear and neck for her
Her excitement every time I feed her
Yogurt at the "yogurt bar"
Morning play sessions
How every morning between 4 and 4:15 I find a little purring ball of fur crawling on my chest and then feeling her fall asleep there
The excitement she had the moment she figured out how to get up to the window ledge rest. A moment in my life I will never forget.
Her dragging everything she can into the garage to hide it.
She gets excited every time she goes out there.
Having to learn how to pet her without knocking her down.
She comes to me when I call her
Honestly, it was love at first sight
Her learning from Grant to hide under the bed covers when "strangers" stop by
She meets me at the door with her brother and sister every day I come home from work
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 23rd, 2010, 5:50 pm

So sorry for your sad news, Ymo. You know you're among pet lovers who understand here.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 5:58 pm

As I bare my soul here on these forums, I wanted to mention the following thoughts from a couple weeks ago.

I was in a hotel lobby in Seattle with several co-workers. Several of us had been traveling together for a couple of weeks for business and it was finally winding down. I had a red-eye home that night, the rest were headed back the next day. Well, after a couple of rounds, one co-worker mentioned the thing that he was most proud of were his kids. Another younger and more recently married woman co-worker stated, "Well, what your wife really wants to hear is that she is what you are most proud of." I didn't chime in, but rather left some thoughts unsaid. At this time of my life I don't have a wife or children of my own yet, but what I am most proud of are my 3 great pets, Grant, Kelly, and Eva. They aren't show winning cats, they possess no special abilities, and anyone seeing them will wonder what I am talking about, but they are unique and special to me. Grant and Kelly are wonderful brother and sister, are always waiting for me, and quick to curl up nearby or jump on my lap. Eva was always excited to see me, loved to play with me feet and rub up against me. She got a rough start in life and I was hoping to make it a long and less troublesome one for her. Unfortunately, that chance has been taken away from me. One of the things I regret is that more people didn't get the chance to meet her and see what a wonderful little girl she was.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 23rd, 2010, 5:59 pm

wilson wrote:So sorry for your sad news, Ymo. You know you're among pet lovers who understand here.
Thanks, and you're second sentence is why I post here.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » February 23rd, 2010, 6:04 pm

I can feel what you're experiencing, because I've gone through it over the years many times with some absolutely wonderful dogs and cats. Each brought such love and personality.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 23rd, 2010, 6:26 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Eva. Losing a pet is so difficult. Thanks for sharing your memories of her.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » February 23rd, 2010, 6:30 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:As I bare my soul here on these forums, I wanted to mention the following thoughts from a couple weeks ago.

I was in a hotel lobby in Seattle with several co-workers. Several of us had been traveling together for a couple of weeks for business and it was finally winding down. I had a red-eye home that night, the rest were headed back the next day. Well, after a couple of rounds, one co-worker mentioned the thing that he was most proud of were his kids. Another younger and more recently married woman co-worker stated, "Well, what your wife really wants to hear is that she is what you are most proud of." I didn't chime in, but rather left some thoughts unsaid. At this time of my life I don't have a wife or children of my own yet, but what I am most proud of are my 3 great pets, Grant, Kelly, and Eva. They aren't show winning cats, they possess no special abilities, and anyone seeing them will wonder what I am talking about, but they are unique and special to me. Grant and Kelly are wonderful brother and sister, are always waiting for me, and quick to curl up nearby or jump on my lap. Eva was always excited to see me, loved to play with me feet and rub up against me. She got a rough start in life and I was hoping to make it a long and less troublesome one for her. Unfortunately, that chance has been taken away from me. One of the things I regret is that more people didn't get the chance to meet her and see what a wonderful little girl she was.
Oh YMO!!!! :ymhug: I am soo sorry to hear this! I just like many others here, definitely, understand what you're going through! I had two girls who would do the same to me and broke my heart as they both went to heaven as well! I was getting gas today and walked out to get in my car and the dog in the car next to mine, saw me and came over to me and owner freeked out, but I didn't break a heart beat, said hey there baby (to the puppy of course as she came up to me), petted her, disalarmed the owner by the attraction we both had for each other and got in my car and she (the puppy) got in hers! I miss having a companion or two, but I will most certainly keep you and your Eva in my prayers! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: