LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Lavabe's Madagascar 2009 Lemur Thread

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 1:48 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Sending vibes to Lavabe for a safe trip and stay in country, and to ILJ and LegacyLady that life isn't too tough without Lavabe.
So, it took Lavabe leaving to get me to sign onto CrazieTalk!

Thanks Tilly and everyone for the thoughts not just for Lavabe, but for LegacyLady and me too. We are sad without Ben and it's only the 2nd day. Georgia seems to look for him, especially if we say his name. I just heard that my niece (DD's 1st daughter) is working on getting a ticket to fly here next week and I am so excited! LegacyLady will be thrilled!!

ILoveJimmy
BWAHAHAHA.

Another inmate in the asylum. :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 1:50 pm

What the heck? I'm so close, I may as well PW a little more.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 1:51 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:My dad gave me a drill for Christmas. Think I'm going to use it on my head tonight to drain my sinuses.

Devildeac, think a chocolate stout has enough alcohol in it to numb me up for the aforementioned procedure?
No. You would at least need an imperial stout, one with higher ABV. :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm

Hey, colchar, how's the view from that far down on the list? :)) ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm

devildeac wrote:What the heck? I'm so close, I may as well PW a little more.
Common on, I know you have at least one more post in you before you sign off. ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
ILoveJimmy wrote:Thanks all.

Tilly - I will come east (maybe July) and we will get together!

DIK - I will not likely come west, but thanks for the well wishes and invite.

Windsor - definitely not going to Florida - too hot and humid. How do you keep your long hair so straight, frizz-free, and beautiful?! Thanks for the welcome aboard!

ILoveJimmy
Lucky me. :D :D :D :D
The picture is my daughter (look in the archives for the 'Windsor's daughter is Hot' threads...and you'll be pleased (but I'm sure not surprised to know) that Lavabe took the high ground on that thread!

Keeping it straight and frizz free is no problem for me (or my daughter) we have perfectly straight hair...not a bend, wave or curl to be found.
Straight is not a problem...trying to get it to hold a curl even a little...THAT'S the problem :((
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 1:53 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Common on, I know you have at least one more post in you before you sign off. ;)
I just did. :D :))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 1st, 2009, 2:01 pm

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:I always just have one of my henchmen take care of my bloody clothes.
Henchmen are SO last season. I find that you really need minions to carry out your nefarious plans in this day and age. ;)

%%-
Well, yes, but henchmen are but a subset of my minions. The aforementioned wenches also count among my minions, as do a number of other categories of unsavory characters.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 2:02 pm

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
I just did. :D :))
Shoot! I was hoping to get my post in before your 650th. #-o
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 2:03 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:I always just have one of my henchmen take care of my bloody clothes.
Henchmen are SO last season. I find that you really need minions to carry out your nefarious plans in this day and age. ;)

%%-
Well, yes, but henchmen are but a subset of my minions. The aforementioned wenches also count among my minions, as do a number of other categories of unsavory characters.
Henchmen and minions are two of my all-time favorite words. Barf is a lot farther down the list. :D :roll: :)) ;)
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » June 1st, 2009, 2:06 pm

Tilly, we do something in yoga that is supposed to clear the sinuses. It usually works for me but I've never used it when I'm in as bad a shape as you sound like you are. Hmmm, somehow I suspect the grammar police (wilson) will have at me for that sentence. Anyway, here's what you do, sit on the floor in a comfortable position but with good posture. Place your index finger on your forehead (in the middle, just above the browline). Close one nostril with your thumb. Breath in through the other nostril. Hold the breath for a moment. Close the nostril you just used to inhale and release the thumb. Exhale through the other nostril. Do this a couple of time then switch. Inhale through the 'thumb' nostril and exhale through the other one.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 1st, 2009, 2:07 pm

Wench is one of my least favorite words.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 1st, 2009, 2:18 pm

Bostondevil wrote:inhale . Exhale .
Hey! There's a cheer in there somewhere! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ILoveJimmy
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by ILoveJimmy » June 1st, 2009, 2:20 pm

windsor wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
ILoveJimmy wrote:Thanks all.

Tilly - I will come east (maybe July) and we will get together!

DIK - I will not likely come west, but thanks for the well wishes and invite.

Windsor - definitely not going to Florida - too hot and humid. How do you keep your long hair so straight, frizz-free, and beautiful?! Thanks for the welcome aboard!

ILoveJimmy
Lucky me. :D :D :D :D
The picture is my daughter (look in the archives for the 'Windsor's daughter is Hot' threads...and you'll be pleased (but I'm sure not surprised to know) that Lavabe took the high ground on that thread!

Keeping it straight and frizz free is no problem for me (or my daughter) we have perfectly straight hair...not a bend, wave or curl to be found.
Straight is not a problem...trying to get it to hold a curl even a little...THAT'S the problem :((
Your daughter is very beautiful. I'll check the thread as you suggest. As one who has had wavy and frizzy hair all of my life, I would truly enjoy totally straight and frizz-free hair. I believe I envy you...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 2:22 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Do you include yourself in the category of "unsavory characters"? :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 1st, 2009, 2:22 pm

Hey ILJ!!!

Glad you've joined us here... and I am the queen of frizzy hair. :( :ymsigh:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 1st, 2009, 2:23 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote:As one who has had wavy and frizzy hair all of my life, I would truly enjoy totally straight and frizz-free hair. I believe I envy you...
Just slightly off topic, but isn't is funny how people with straight hair want curly hair and people with curly hair want straight hair? I'm not talking about just women, but men too. Hmmm, I feel a poll coming on!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 2:25 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Tilly, we do something in yoga that is supposed to clear the sinuses. It usually works for me but I've never used it when I'm in as bad a shape as you sound like you are. Hmmm, somehow I suspect the grammar police (wilson) will have at me for that sentence. Anyway, here's what you do, sit on the floor in a comfortable position but with good posture. Place your index finger on your forehead (in the middle, just above the browline). Close one nostril with your thumb. Breath in through the other nostril. Hold the breath for a moment. Close the nostril you just used to inhale and release the thumb. Exhale through the other nostril. Do this a couple of time then switch. Inhale through the 'thumb' nostril and exhale through the other one.
They had a pretty funny episode of one on my wife's favorite shows the other week, According to Jim, where Jim and Cheryl start taking yoga together and get in a big fight. There is a lot of that type of breathing exercise to "clear the negative energies" when they're yelling at each other. It looks pretty funny to see a grown man and woman standing two feet apart doing this at each other. I hope no "rockets" were fired during one of the outtakes of these scenes. :-o

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 1st, 2009, 2:26 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Do you include yourself in the category of "unsavory characters"? :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar!

%%-

Wilson - make him walk the plank. He can't get away with calling you unsavory! ;)
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 1st, 2009, 2:29 pm

ILoveJimmy wrote: Your daughter is very beautiful. I'll check the thread as you suggest. As one who has had wavy and frizzy hair all of my life, I would truly enjoy totally straight and frizz-free hair. I believe I envy you...
I have spent a big hunk of my life trying to get my hair to BE wavy...curly...frizzy....anything but straight....as has my daughter. I have lost count of the number of times I've permed my hair (perms fall out in a month...my hair is hell bent to be plumb line straight)...or how many assorted curling gadgets (not to mention enough hair spray to put a large hole in the ozone layer) I've tried!!

Somewhere along the line I gave up. It is straight. It is not gray (much). I can live with it.

On another note...a word of caution... when my husband was out of town for several months (not nearly as far 'out' as Ben is ) I made the mistake of letting Jester (my 90 lbs yellow lab) listen to his voice on the phone because he missed 'daddy'. Bad Plan. The phone might have survived the slobber but not the teeth.
:))
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.