LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » May 31st, 2009, 10:22 pm

devildeac wrote:
Try to keep pace with Sue and her PWing... :roll: :))
Hey, I'm doing my damnedest...but I think I'm just gonna go to bed soon. :-??
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » May 31st, 2009, 10:24 pm

I once went to a Neil Young concert with the guy I was dating because he loved Neil Young so much. I hate Neil Young. I find his voice worse than fingernails on a chalkboard or Sharapova playing tennis. CANNOT STAND HIS VOICE!!! That asshole did three encores. I broke up with guy fairly soon after that.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 31st, 2009, 10:25 pm

Sometime after midnight 6/1 and before midnight 6/2 I will be changing something.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 31st, 2009, 10:26 pm

I had rehearsal for a short play I'm directing for the Playwright's Platform festival at the house tonight. It went very well.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 31st, 2009, 10:27 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I once went to a Neil Young concert with the guy I was dating because he loved Neil Young so much. I hate Neil Young. I find his voice worse than fingernails on a chalkboard or Sharapova playing tennis. CANNOT STAND HIS VOICE!!! That asshole did three encores. I broke up with guy fairly soon after that.
I like Neil Young. ;) Have for years. Well, actually the early stuff. Haven't heard much recently. Guess you won't be buying the new boxed sets... :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 31st, 2009, 10:27 pm

I think Neil Young is a good songwriter, just please, get someone else to sing them!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 31st, 2009, 10:28 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I had rehearsal for a short play I'm directing for the Playwright's Platform festival at the house tonight. It went very well.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2009, 10:40 pm

Tilly!!!

I hope you're feeling better, and I hope that your Mom gets really good care tonight in the E.D.

(((HUGS)))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 31st, 2009, 10:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:Tilly!!!

I hope you're feeling better, and I hope that your Mom gets really good care tonight in the E.D.

(((HUGS)))

Me too!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 31st, 2009, 10:59 pm

Good night, everyone. Walter and I are off to bed. :o3 i-)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 7:14 am

Bostondevil wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Tilly!!!

(((HUGS)))

Me too!
Thanks everyone!

Not sure how good the care was, but it did take forever to be seen. She called me about an hour ago to let me know she had just gotten home. The cut on her hand/thumb would have required 40 stitches, so they decided to glue the cut instead. And, since she bumped her head on the car on her way down and her neck was hurting, they did a CT scan. Thankfully it was negative.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, at least I can swallow. Ever have that feeling you're going to sneeze and your eye tears up and you start to wince like you're going to sneeze but don't. Yeah, that's how I feel right now. Wish I could go back to bed, but I don't have a fever (for the flavor of a Pringles).
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 1st, 2009, 7:53 am

Transhemispheric vibes flowing to the Imas and to Tilly's Mom. :ymhug:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 8:09 am

Lonely here. I could probably fill up page 1 if I started now...

Nah, maybe this weekend... :lol:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 1st, 2009, 8:21 am

Sue71 wrote:
wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Wilson, I think I found your next t-shirt.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OG9KCE/ref ... nkCode=asn

:ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar!
Wow, that's pretty outstanding.

It is pretty outstanding, but I believe it's (ahem) a women's shirt. At least that's what the title implies.
I'm not walking any woman's plank. That shirt is destined to get somebody beaten up in the wrong bar.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 1st, 2009, 8:30 am

Look out, colchar... :oops: :roll:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 8:39 am

Lavabe wrote:Transhemispheric vibes flowing to the Imas and to Tilly's Mom. :ymhug:
On behalf of Mother Galore, thank you. She will be honored when she learns you were thinking of her all the way from the southern hemisphere.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 1st, 2009, 9:33 am

Tilly - glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Hope you continue to improve. I hope Mother Galore's hand heals quickly - and isn't too painful.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 9:43 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Tilly - glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Hope you continue to improve. I hope Mother Galore's hand heals quickly - and isn't too painful.
Thank you! Next time I feel sick I'm going to post. I swear that I'm feeling better and can swallow because I posted here.

To know my mother is to love her, and I do. She's a great person, but she cracks me up. She is bleeding all over the place and her concern was about the brownies and her brand new white pants. Not that she was bleeding profusely. This morning when I talked to her, she was concerned about how she was going to get the blood out of her cute pink jacket and how she was going to wash and style her hair as she can't get her hand wet. I swear, my mother would lose her arm and by more concerned with her clothes or some other inanimate object. I do love you Mom!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 1st, 2009, 10:39 am

Thanks to all about the advice about the reunion. It went pretty well. I knew Sean would adjust, he always does, and he LOVES visiting his grandparents, either set. I just felt bad for him at the time. He had fun. There's a train and a duckpond at the park, and we took him to both. He had a BLAST riding the train, and feeding the ducks. Doing both the party and the reunion in one day just wasn't going to happen, as the reunion started at 1100 hours and the party started at 1200 hours and the two places are a 3+ hour drive (should be about 2.5, but with DC weekend traffic, it's more like 3.5, dammit! X( X( X( ). But, he had a good time, as he always does when we visit them. Michael and Katie had fun too. If anybody's interested, I can put up a picture of them on the train. :D

The great irony was that Erica's mom (my mother-in-law, MiL) got a titanic nosebleed on the way to the reunion, and they spent the 90% of the reunion at the ER. I offered to take her in place of FiL, but he refused (I think I would have preferred the ER ;) ... she probably would too!). They didn't get to the reunion 'til around 1700 hours, after we, and most of the younger crowd, had left. Erica's mom lost a LOT of blood (they didn't see her for a couple hours, and the doctor was pissed b/c he said it was one of the worst he'd seen and she should have been treated much sooner, but that a lot of it was running down her throat so the front people didn't see). The doc said it was a pretty major vein that had popped in there. They cauterized it, but he's worried that it might spring again. She has to go see her ENT today to check on it. Hope she feels better soon.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 1st, 2009, 10:42 am

Vibes to your MiL, bjornolf. Hope all goes well at the doctor's today. Not a good weekend for some of our mothers. :(