LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 9:55 am

CathyCA wrote:I'm on my way to see my CPA.

Hey! That rhymes!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Congratulations! I knew you would do it! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-BD :-BD :-BD Have a safe trip! :ymhug: :-*
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:02 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning! ~O)

Ralph's is hardly an upscale grocery store for California, 8-X . Everything in Cali, especially South Cali, is just fancy and pretentious. ;)

%%-
Good Morning! Drinking my ~O) also! As for whether this grocery store was upscale or not, guess I'm just too old school. How much fancier can you get with a grocery store than a Harris Teeter or a bloom (aka food lion) gourmet store? I guess I just don't get out much! Now that I think of it, Cathy, her son and myself went to a whole foods (or something like that) in Fairlakes (out in Centreville) and that place had food bars of everykind, alot of fancier stuff in it... it was kind of overwhelming and one could spend the entire day in that store... guess that is the marketing trick!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:08 am

Lavabe wrote:cricket: No idea what the rules are. While I was abroad I listened to a bunch of it on shortwave back in the 90's.
It flashed up on ESPN Sports center this morning and that is the first I've seen it here in the US. When traveling abroad (it's been a while), that used to be all that I would see on the tel-EEE! Would just watch in amazement because I didn't have a clue what the objective was but I think it has something to do with that sticky-wicket and a ball. Never bothered to look up the rules as it might take the fun out of being clueless and trying to figure out what the heck was going on. A buddy of mine and I used to just sit and have fun watching, making jokes because neither of us knew what the heck was going on. :)) :)) :)) Now that's living! =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:11 am

Miles wrote:
Lavabe wrote:cricket: No idea what the rules are. While I was abroad I listened to a bunch of it on shortwave back in the 90's.
Something like this:
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
Thanks for this overview, Miles! I had to read it twice (still on 1st cup of joe), but I will say that you've added a new twist to the game for me on this summary. I had not noticed them trying to get each other out as they exchanged positions, but will now look for that as I piece together the parts of this game! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:12 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Good morning. ~O)
Good morning to you! Time for the 2nd cup of ~O)!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:14 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:8-X , entertaining pwing from you. Good job. You sure moved the numbers up, also you pw numbers. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Thanks! Just keeping us alive so you didn't come down on us hard! ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 30th, 2010, 10:15 am

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:so I have two big bottles of water in my left hand and one in my right hand and one in between my hip and my arm and the dad has now left his ladies and apparently went outside to the car, ...
Maybe you should work on a new invention. Why don't you investigate putting a little basket on wheels so that you could put your groceries in it and push it around the store. You would never be in danger of dropping your groceries, and your hands would be free to put more groceries in the basket.

WAIT! That invention already exists! It's called the GROCERY CART! =))
Oh my. THe next visit to G'ville should be a lively one...

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:16 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Back to the garden for me today. I also plan on a Walmart trip to get some blackberry and blueberry plants.
That sounds wonderful! Can't wait for the pies! :p
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 30th, 2010, 10:18 am

Miles wrote:
Something like this:
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
:-\ /:) 8-| (-| #-o @-) :veryconfused: :twitch:

Conclusion:

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:19 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'ts so beautiful outside this morning. I noticed yesterday, the red bud trees are blooming. It won't be long before the dogwoods will follow.
I caught some of the end of the blooms in G'ville a couple of weeks ago! Everything is looking beautiful! The dogwoods are usually the 1st to bloom up in VA along with the Cherry Trees which was last weekend in DC. They are beautiful also!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 30th, 2010, 10:21 am

ALLL RIGHT!!!!! I have to finish getting ready for the day, but wanted to check in and assist with moving us forward a little bit more! I had no fears that the team would come together and continue the momentum! Check back with y'all a bit later! :ymhug: :-BD
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 30th, 2010, 10:22 am

Whole Foods = Whole Paycheck :D
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 30th, 2010, 10:30 am

cl15876 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Good Morning! ~O)

Ralph's is hardly an upscale grocery store for California, 8-X . Everything in Cali, especially South Cali, is just fancy and pretentious. ;)

%%-
Good Morning! Drinking my ~O) also! As for whether this grocery store was upscale or not, guess I'm just too old school. How much fancier can you get with a grocery store than a Harris Teeter or a bloom (aka food lion) gourmet store? I guess I just don't get out much! Now that I think of it, Cathy, her son and myself went to a whole foods (or something like that) in Fairlakes (out in Centreville) and that place had food bars of everykind, alot of fancier stuff in it... it was kind of overwhelming and one could spend the entire day in that store... guess that is the marketing trick!
You ever go to Wegman's? Talk about snooty mcsnootersons.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 30th, 2010, 11:16 am

We have 10 days, including today and anniversary day, April 8, to complete the task. I believe we'll have that covered, especially with 8-X outta town and nothing else to do except attend mtgs, shop, drink beer and PW. ;) :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2010, 12:29 pm

Also consider that the devild***s will be staying at Chez Lavabe for one night...

that's good for a hundred posts or so. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2010, 12:30 pm

SQUIRREL!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2010, 12:31 pm

While settling into his new digs, has Ymo found another supermarket besides Kroger?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Who will win the Boston Marathon this year?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2010, 12:32 pm

I had pot roast over rice for lunch.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Whatever happened to the Bangles?