LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 25th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 25th, 2010, 10:16 pm

and 1
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » March 25th, 2010, 10:16 pm

I can't believe bones and I just let it sit at 18999 for 15 minutes.
-- DukeUsul
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » March 25th, 2010, 10:54 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I can't believe bones and I just let it sit at 18999 for 15 minutes.
What happens with age and kids..................!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! Ya tend to wait a bit LONGer!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 25th, 2010, 11:00 pm

Got me thinking... is it the kids?????????????? :-o :-o :-o OR IS IT age? =)) =)) =)) :Boo: :Boo: :Boo:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 25th, 2010, 11:47 pm

cl15876 wrote:Got me thinking... is it the kids?????????????? :-o :-o :-o OR IS IT age? =)) =)) =)) :Boo: :Boo: :Boo:
Age. I feel asleep in my chair. =)) =)) =)) =))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 25th, 2010, 11:48 pm

Good night. (-|
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 26th, 2010, 6:20 am

Morning. ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 26th, 2010, 6:47 am

Interesting article on Yahoo! about actors going animated.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/forbes- ... ation.html

However, they left out some of the actors' other animated efforts. For example, all they talk about Eddie Murphy is his role as Donkey in Shrek. Totally slept on his awesome performance as the dragon in Mulan. They talk about Tom Hanks as Woody in Toy Story, but left out his role as the Conductor in Polar Express.

Also, I get that it wasn't an ENTIRELY animated movie, but Cameron Diaz and Jim Carrey (who they mentioned for both Horton Hears a Who and Christmas Carol) both starred in The Mask, which had an awful lot of animation in it.

The article listed Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Ellen DeGeneres, Ray Romano, Jim Carrey, Tom Hanks, Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Owen Wilson.
They were doing the A-list of animated movies, but can anybody else think of other big names that did animated movies?

Bob Hoskins was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He wasn't animated for it, but many of the characters were. Kathleen Turner did Jessica Rabbit for the movie, who WAS animated.

Brad Pitt, Kim Basinger, and Gabriel Byrne were all in Cool World.

Over the Hedge had a whole list of popular actors, but Bruce Willis was the biggest name in the movie.

Open Season had Ashton Kutcher and Martin Lawrence.

Princess and the Frog had John Goodman who was also in Monsters, Inc. with Billy Crystal, The Emperor's New Groove, Tales of the Rat Fink and The Jungle Book 2, and Father of the Pride on TV.

Minnie Driver was in Tarzan with Glen Close and Rosie O'Donnell.

Planet 51 had a whole list of household names, from Dwayne Johnson to Jessica Biel, Gary Oldman, Sean Williams Scott, and John Cleese.

And of course, while Tom Hanks got all the mention in the article for Toy Story, Tim Allen had a pretty big part as Buzz Lightyear.

Mel Gibson was in Pocahantas.

Patrick Warburton, Seinfeld's Putty, has done a TON of animated work in movies and TV.

Seinfeld was in Bee Movie. Matthew Broderick was too. Broderick was also in The Lion King series and Tale of Despereaux, with Dustin Hoffman and a whole list of other great actors. He was also in The Thief and The Cobbler and some Muppet films.

So, can anybody else think of big names that have done animation work? Or other animated efforts by the folks the article DID list?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 26th, 2010, 7:26 am

James Earl Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons (favorite line and I use it quite often, "I'm surrounded by idiots), and Nathan Lane were all in Lion King. Oh, and Cheech Marin.

How can you forget Robin Williams in Aladdin, as well as Gilbert Gottfried (favorite line and I also use it often, "I'm gonna have a heart attack and die of not surprise").

Those are a few off the top of my head.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 26th, 2010, 8:07 am

TillyGalore wrote: How can you forget Robin Williams in Aladdin, as well as Gilbert Gottfried.
Wow, no kidding.
Jennifer Anniston, Harry Connick Jr. and Vin Diesel all provided the lead voices for The Iron Giant (Brad Bird's movie directorial debut).
I'm surprised they left off John Ratzenberger. Pixar even lampooned the number of movies he's been in during the credits for Cars.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 26th, 2010, 8:11 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: I'm surprised they left off John Ratzenberger. Pixar even lampooned the number of movies he's been in during the credits for Cars.
After reading the subtitle "These 10 star voices bring in the most buzz and bucks." I'm not suprised they left off J.R. He's never the star, just the consistent supporting actor, very much like Patrick Warburton. Robin Williams should have made the list though.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 26th, 2010, 9:13 am

Big day. I'm planting 100 sweet onion plants, my pc is going to be fixed and tonight........................................................it's all about our Blue Devils......................................................................GO DUKE.......................................................................
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 26th, 2010, 1:38 pm

Tix still available for tonight's game in ZZZouston. I've got my pvt. jet on standby. Any one with me?

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 26th, 2010, 1:41 pm

devildeac wrote:Tix still available for tonight's game in ZZZouston. I've got my pvt. jet on standby. Any one with me?

Can you stop by KC and pick me up?
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 26th, 2010, 1:44 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:Tix still available for tonight's game in ZZZouston. I've got my pvt. jet on standby. Any one with me?

Schedule might be a little tight but I think we can manage a "fly-by" and a brief "touchdown." I know, very "punny."
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 26th, 2010, 2:05 pm

TillyGalore wrote:James Earl Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons (favorite line and I use it quite often, "I'm surrounded by idiots), and Nathan Lane were all in Lion King. Oh, and Cheech Marin.

How can you forget Robin Williams in Aladdin, as well as Gilbert Gottfried (favorite line and I also use it often, "I'm gonna have a heart attack and die of not surprise").

Yea, I thought of Robin Williams after I got offline. He's the one that kind of made it cool for big name actors to do cartoons. He also did several voices in Happy Feet. And he was in that animated movie Robots.

Also, Will Smith was in Shark Tale.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 26th, 2010, 2:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:James Earl Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons (favorite line and I use it quite often, "I'm surrounded by idiots), and Nathan Lane were all in Lion King. Oh, and Cheech Marin.

Yea, I thought of Robin Williams after I got offline. He's the one that kind of made it cool for big name actors to do cartoons. He also did several voices in Happy Feet. And he was in that animated movie Robots.

%%-
Shouldn't this post be in the Milestones thread...

Hint, hint...

congrats!

^:)^ :ymapplause:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 26th, 2010, 2:18 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Congrats on your 3000 post!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 26th, 2010, 2:28 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

Schedule might be a little tight but I think we can manage a "fly-by" and a brief "touchdown." I know, very "punny."
Given the way the chefs have been playing - we don't know anything about touchdowns in this city.
Life is good!