Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by OPK » May 25th, 2023, 5:14 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
May 25th, 2023, 10:56 am
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
May 25th, 2023, 10:23 am
DeSantis' launch went as about as disastrously as a high level candidate could possibly kick off. The blowback is crazy, and Trump of course is having a field day with it.

It's never good to have your campaign begin in such a way that it will be written about in history books for the wrong reasons.
I want to hit the fast forward button and see the two of them in a room going mano a mano. I despise them both but I think Trump will eat him for lunch. With ketchup, obviously.
I don’t see anyone other than Chris Christie having the ability to really slug it out with Trump. And that’s what it will take.
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » May 25th, 2023, 5:32 pm

OPK wrote:
May 25th, 2023, 5:14 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
May 25th, 2023, 10:23 am
DeSantis' launch went as about as disastrously as a high level candidate could possibly kick off. The blowback is crazy, and Trump of course is having a field day with it.

It's never good to have your campaign begin in such a way that it will be written about in history books for the wrong reasons.
I want to hit the fast forward button and see the two of them in a room going mano a mano. I despise them both but I think Trump will eat him for lunch. With ketchup, obviously.
I don’t see anyone other than Chris Christie having the ability to really slug it out with Trump. And that’s what it will take.
Not that I encourage this, but I have wondered what would happen if someone just went totally off script and got really mean and personal to Trump - your dad abused you and would think you are a big loser, your wife is ugly, you're sleeping with your daughter, you are impotent, you keep failing in business - say things that aren't necessarily true (though some of them are) but will get under his skin. It would be a truly dark day for politics and America. Though even if he completely cracked and did something ridiculous, his supporters wouldn't stop supporting him.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 25th, 2023, 6:32 pm

OPK wrote:
May 25th, 2023, 5:14 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
Likely true. How bizarre it is that for the most, his opponents will probably be adopting a fawning strategy. "You were GREAT! I love you! But..."
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
May 25th, 2023, 5:32 pm
Not that I encourage this, but I have wondered what would happen if someone just went totally off script and got really mean and personal to Trump - your dad abused you and would think you are a big loser, your wife is ugly, you're sleeping with your daughter, you are impotent, you keep failing in business - say things that aren't necessarily true (though some of them are) but will get under his skin. It would be a truly dark day for politics and America. Though even if he completely cracked and did something ridiculous, his supporters wouldn't stop supporting him.
Yes please.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 27th, 2023, 1:22 pm

This is hilarious. It's mind boggling how stupid people can be.

Trump Bucks. HA!!
In the recesses of the internet where some of Donald Trump’s most fervent supporters stoke conspiracies and plot his return to the White House, suspected con artists have been mining their disappointment over the last presidential election for gold.

They’ve been peddling “Trump Bucks,” which are emblazoned with photos of the former president, and advertising them online as a kind of golden ticket that will help propel Trump’s 2024 bid and make the “real patriots” who support him rich when cashed in.

John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank. So he’s gone on Twitter to warn other Trump supporters not to fall for this scam.
Favorite part is "When he tried to cash them at his local bank". I would have loved to have witnessed that interaction with the teller.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-bucks- ... 00452.html

=)) =)) =))
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » May 27th, 2023, 5:49 pm

May 27th, 2023, 1:22 pm
This is hilarious. It's mind boggling how stupid people can be.

Trump Bucks. HA!!
In the recesses of the internet where some of Donald Trump’s most fervent supporters stoke conspiracies and plot his return to the White House, suspected con artists have been mining their disappointment over the last presidential election for gold.

They’ve been peddling “Trump Bucks,” which are emblazoned with photos of the former president, and advertising them online as a kind of golden ticket that will help propel Trump’s 2024 bid and make the “real patriots” who support him rich when cashed in.

John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank. So he’s gone on Twitter to warn other Trump supporters not to fall for this scam.
Favorite part is "When he tried to cash them at his local bank". I would have loved to have witnessed that interaction with the teller.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-bucks- ... 00452.html

=)) =)) =))
LOL. All of our problems would be solved if "have you purchased Trump Bucks" was included on the voter registration form and anyone dumb enough to have done so was excluded from voting. Kind of like the old fashioned literacy tests that I'm sure many Trump supporters would like to reinstate.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 6th, 2023, 11:08 am

This is interesting. It's also likely doomed, since the NC legislature is GOP controlled.
Senate Democrats here in our state plan to hold a press conference to announce legislation that will protect voters from partisan fraud Tuesday.

Democrats will introduce the Voter Fraud Protection Act. It calls for a special election if an elected official changes political parties.
I've got no doubt that this bill is aimed squarely at state rep Tricia Cotham, who flipped to the GOP earlier this year only a couple months after being elected, thus ensuring a veto proof house.

https://www.witn.com/2023/06/06/senate- ... act-today/
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 8th, 2023, 11:57 am

Every now and then, someone does "the right thing", including the SCOTUS.
The Supreme Court on Thursday ordered Alabama officials to redraw the state’s congressional map to allow an additional Black majority district to account for the fact that the state is 27% Black.

The decision – that affords additional opportunities for minority voters to elect the candidate of their choice – comes as a surprise given the conservative majority on the court. Alabama currently has seven congressional districts, with six represented by Republicans.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/08/politics ... index.html
OPK

Post by OPK » June 8th, 2023, 7:58 pm

Boom goes the dynamite. Seven counts in Miami. Initial appearance Tuesday morning.

Let the games begin.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 8th, 2023, 8:36 pm

OPK wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 7:58 pm
Boom goes the dynamite. Seven counts in Miami. Initial appearance Tuesday morning.

Let the games begin.
:text-merryxmas:

Can't wait to see (another) meltdown on his fake twitter.
One of the counts is for obstruction. Another is for "making false statements". At the very least, the latter is easy, it's like a judicial gimme! :))
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 8th, 2023, 10:20 pm

June 8th, 2023, 8:36 pm
OPK wrote:

Let the games begin.

One of the counts is for obstruction. Another is for "making false statements". At the very least, the latter is easy, it's like a judicial gimme! :))
The world is out to get him. He has never done anything wrong. Everyone else is a loser. Tens of millions of moron Americans think he walks on water and does nothing wrong. Ironically many of these idiots claim to be Bible-obsessed evangelicals, yet they all are worshipping at the throne of Satan.

I am very happy they are finally moving this forward but a small part of me is very nervous about him winning, be it on a technicality or biased jurors. What gives me hope is that I feel pretty good that the government lawyers are better than the low level hacks he seems to be employing now because no decent lawyer wants to touch him. I just hope there is a decent judge who doesn't let his lawyers get away with BS.
OPK

Post by OPK » June 9th, 2023, 6:04 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 10:20 pm
OPK wrote:

Let the games begin.

The world is out to get him. He has never done anything wrong. Everyone else is a loser. Tens of millions of moron Americans think he walks on water and does nothing wrong. Ironically many of these idiots claim to be Bible-obsessed evangelicals, yet they all are worshipping at the throne of Satan.

I am very happy they are finally moving this forward but a small part of me is very nervous about him winning, be it on a technicality or biased jurors. What gives me hope is that I feel pretty good that the government lawyers are better than the low level hacks he seems to be employing now because no decent lawyer wants to touch him. I just hope there is a decent judge who doesn't let his lawyers get away with BS.
And food for thought — there are likely at least two more indictments coming before we get to Labor Day. One federal in D.C. regarding J6; one in Fulton County (Atlanta) which I expect to be a large RICO case.

This shit’s getting serious.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 9th, 2023, 7:58 am

OPK wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 6:04 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

And food for thought — there are likely at least two more indictments coming before we get to Labor Day. One federal in D.C. regarding J6; one in Fulton County (Atlanta) which I expect to be a large RICO case.

On the bright side, he is keeping the legal industry in business - lots of dues paying members for the ABA! Though I guess the flip side is that he is single-handedly tying up the court system.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 9th, 2023, 9:13 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
The world is out to get him. He has never done anything wrong. Everyone else is a loser. Tens of millions of moron Americans think he walks on water and does nothing wrong.
Other than he can declassify a document merely by thinking about it, the above seems to be the defense he's going with.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » June 9th, 2023, 9:16 am

OPK wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 6:04 am

RICO comes with major teeth. If that's the case, that would be a big deal for sure. Jan. 6th could disqualify him from office, pending SCOTUS. So yeah, those are some serious threats. 'Bout time!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 9th, 2023, 9:58 am

He's cooked.
Former President Donald Trump acknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.

CNN obtained the transcript of a portion of the meeting where Trump is discussing a classified Pentagon document about attacking Iran.
From further down in the article.
“Well, with Milley – uh, let me see that, I’ll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn’t that amazing? I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him,” Trump says, according to the transcript. “They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/politics ... index.html

Yes, let's all "look at this". Way to go, dumbass.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » June 9th, 2023, 10:26 am

Last edited by Phredd3 on June 9th, 2023, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » June 9th, 2023, 10:31 am

June 9th, 2023, 9:58 am
He's cooked.
Former President Donald Trump acknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.

CNN obtained the transcript of a portion of the meeting where Trump is discussing a classified Pentagon document about attacking Iran.
From further down in the article.
“Well, with Milley – uh, let me see that, I’ll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn’t that amazing? I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him,” Trump says, according to the transcript. “They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/politics ... index.html

Yes, let's all "look at this". Way to go, dumbass.
Probably directing this at OPK but would also love to hear from anyone else with legal training - I am sure there is a lot of nuance to this question so feel free to say "not sure" but are there any rules of evidence or whatever else where somehow Trump can get this recording to not be included or somehow claim it wasn't him or whatever else? It sure seems like a smoking gun but I know there are rules around "secret recordings" that could potentially complicate things.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » June 9th, 2023, 10:40 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 10:31 am
Probably directing this at OPK but would also love to hear from anyone else with legal training - I am sure there is a lot of nuance to this question so feel free to say "not sure" but are there any rules of evidence or whatever else where somehow Trump can get this recording to not be included or somehow claim it wasn't him or whatever else? It sure seems like a smoking gun but I know there are rules around "secret recordings" that could potentially complicate things.
A good lawyer should be able to get it in pretty easily, I would think, but I'll defer to the currently-practicing counsel.
OPK

Post by OPK » June 9th, 2023, 11:25 am

Authenticating audio and video tapes is relatively easy and routine.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 9th, 2023, 1:35 pm

Trump's legal team falls apart. His lawyers are quitting.
Two lawyers defending Donald Trump on federal charges of illegally retaining classified documents quit the case on Friday and a former aide was charged as well in surprise developments one day after the former U.S. president was indicted.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-faces- ... 39122.html