Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2009, 8:54 pm

I also got 2 marinades for the shrimp. I love making my own, but I'll be pressed for time. One is a garlic & herb and one is a ginger teriyaki. I'm bringing my grill skillet to cook the shrimp.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » September 1st, 2009, 8:58 pm

TNTDevil wrote:Insanely early?!? I resemble that remark! :lol: I prefer to think of it as fashionably early.

I do like your plan however. I think it's time to "stop our grinnin' and drop our linen!" and get a roll-call of attendees and our official menu.

I've come up with a plan that will allow me to bring my 22" Weber Kettle (My Bar-B-Chef is just too damn heavy to even consider) along with my TV, DirecTV and assorted tailgate related items- my tailgate tote and, more-n-likely two tables. (Got a feeler out for a used Honda portable generator. Hoping the cat agrees to my price!)

As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp, cole slaw and some bread/buns and finally some desserty item(s) (depends on how perky I feel during the week). Of course, I'll be rocking some of der Deutschland's finest.

Who's next?
"Please allow myself to quote... myself."

Score! I got the generator and it is sweet! Purrs like a kitten. Oh, and I also scored a 15lb brisket. Who's hungry?
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2009, 9:01 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:Insanely early?!? I resemble that remark! :lol: I prefer to think of it as fashionably early.

I do like your plan however. I think it's time to "stop our grinnin' and drop our linen!" and get a roll-call of attendees and our official menu.

I've come up with a plan that will allow me to bring my 22" Weber Kettle (My Bar-B-Chef is just too damn heavy to even consider) along with my TV, DirecTV and assorted tailgate related items- my tailgate tote and, more-n-likely two tables. (Got a feeler out for a used Honda portable generator. Hoping the cat agrees to my price!)

As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp, cole slaw and some bread/buns and finally some desserty item(s) (depends on how perky I feel during the week). Of course, I'll be rocking some of der Deutschland's finest.

Who's next?

Score! I got the generator and it is sweet! Purrs like a kitten. Oh, and I also scored a 15lb brisket. Who's hungry?
Wow that is awesome! Thanks soo much! ^:)^ ^:)^ I'll be there as early as I can to help. Thinking about heading to Dad's friday night so I don't have to get up so early. Woohooo we got power!
\:D/ :ymparty:
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 1st, 2009, 9:02 pm

TNTDevil wrote:

Who's next?

MEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I just got done grilling some chicken BBQ style and it is nice and juicy and spicy!!!!! :D, with some corn and some garlic style biscuits!!!!! :p , but I want some of that brisket and shrimp (the more garlic the better!!!!)!!!!!!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 1st, 2009, 9:24 pm

Can someone bring one of these?
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4397/
-- DukeUsul
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 1st, 2009, 9:27 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Can someone bring one of these?
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4397/
I love IT!!!! Very good!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd I want ONE!!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 1st, 2009, 11:27 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Jarhead wrote: What's still needed?
Jarhead **==
plates, cups, utensils?
I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:

TNT (+7)- Brisket, BBQ sauces, cole slaw, rolls & sandwich buns, cookies, brownies,
CB&B (+?)- shrimp, flounder on a magic wand :lol:
DD (+?)-
Knights68 & Tilly- Potato casserole, ribs and/or wings?
Ozzie (+?)- 1/4lb Hot dogs, brews
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake
Jarhead (+?)- Veggie tray?

Whom did I miss?
CathyCA has yet to decide/commit.

DukePA?

VeryDukeBlue?

DD-We'll prepare a fresh fruit salad and a few brews for sharing/trading. And I do mean fresh as we'll purchase the fruits ourselves and prepare it that afternoon. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 1st, 2009, 11:28 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA has yet to decide/commit.

DukePA?

VeryDukeBlue?

DD-We'll prepare a fresh fruit salad and a few brews for sharing/trading. And I do mean fresh as we'll purchase the fruits ourselves and prepare it that afternoon. :D
VeryDukeBlue is bringing baked beans, last I heard.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 1st, 2009, 11:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:You missed ME and my entourage of my son, my mom and her friend, Miss Fran.

And I still don't know what I'm bringing. Chips, salsa and guacamole? How about some soft drinks?
Please forgive my oversight! How could I forget such a special group? :oops:

Here's a suggestion for what to bring: corn on the cob. Whole, un-shucked. Buy a dozen ears at a roadside stand (or even a local grocer), place in cooler and cover w/ice. When the time comes we'll grill them thar cobs into some damn tasty eats.
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow that is awesome! Thanks soo much! ^:)^ ^:)^ I'll be there as early as I can to help. Thinking about heading to Dad's friday night so I don't have to get up so early. Woohooo we got power! \:D/ :ymparty:
Just a suggestion but, why not let your little grill set this one out? I'll have enough room in the vehicle I've commandeered to bring both my “big” Weber and my “tailgate” Weber. Along with grill tools, plenty of charcoal, and grillin' wood. That should give us plenty o' grate space.

Not trying to cramp your “style” but just save you some time, packing and space.

Oh, and I'll be bringing a fan. With 1k watts of powaa', we might as well live large.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 1st, 2009, 11:31 pm

CathyCA wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:
Jarhead wrote:
plates, cups, utensils?
I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:

TNT (+7)- Brisket, BBQ sauces, cole slaw, rolls & sandwich buns, cookies, brownies,
DD (+?)-
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake

Whom did I miss?
You missed ME and my entourage of my son, my mom and her friend, Miss Fran.

And I still don't know what I'm bringing. Chips, salsa and guacamole? How about some soft drinks?
chips/salsa/guac/sodas would be fine, too.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 1st, 2009, 11:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I secured the last two Left Hand Juju ginger 4 packs, so they will be coming with me. Also there is a 50/50 chance I will be bringing the first homebrew. Since I bottled last Saturday, they should be ready this Saturday. I will at least bring a few as traders.
Never had the JuJu ginger. Looking forward to that one.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 1st, 2009, 11:33 pm

TNTDevil wrote:

Who's next?

15 pounds! You are a madman...
Jarhead
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Jarhead » September 1st, 2009, 11:53 pm

TNTDevil wrote: I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:

DD (+?)-
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake

Whom did I miss?

Folks, I'm trying to figure out this BB software. I find it very hard to navigate. This thread is hard to get through, but I am trying. Tim, you suggest that I bring a veggie tray, and that is what I will do. Buschdevil and I will get there some time around four or four thirty Saturday afternoon. The grandkids have a schedule of their own that we have to support. Two of them will be working at one of the concessions, and will need transportation. Since so many of the brunchgate crowd will be there earlier, somebody save us a beer, and some of the brisket. Go Duke! Stomp on them Spiders.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 1st, 2009, 11:53 pm

The weather forecast for Saturday afternoon is perfect - high of 86 F and moderate humidity!

I've posted a note about Brunchgate on the DBR.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 2nd, 2009, 12:09 am

devildeac wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:"Please allow myself to quote... myself."

15 pounds! You are a madman...
Nah, it's all good After I trim it, and rub it down, it'll dress out at 14lbs. Madman status is >15lb. :D

Always next time... <sigh>.

Of course, the one I've purchased is so damn big it probably frightened many of the store's patrons. I have concerns myself about fitting the whole SOB on my "big" Weber. However, that is a great concern to have.

Have we considered whom might volunteer to "Live blog" the event for our remote hommies? I have access to a netbook and I'm quite certain Chris and I can keep folks updated through the early part of the day. Can someone else step up and coordinate/handle the updates once the festivities reach full-throat?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 12:25 am

TNTDevil wrote:....
Have we considered whom might volunteer to "Live blog" the event for our remote hommies? I have access to a netbook and I'm quite certain Chris and I can keep folks updated through the early part of the day. Can someone else step up and coordinate/handle the updates once the festivities reach full-throat?
Excellent point! Pictures will most certainly be enjoyed along with the updates!!!!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 6:31 am

DukePA and Very Duke Blue can't make it this weekend as they are attending a wedding.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 7:41 am

TNTDevil wrote:
CathyCA wrote:You missed ME and my entourage of my son, my mom and her friend, Miss Fran.

Please forgive my oversight! How could I forget such a special group? :oops:

Here's a suggestion for what to bring: corn on the cob. Whole, un-shucked. Buy a dozen ears at a roadside stand (or even a local grocer), place in cooler and cover w/ice. When the time comes we'll grill them thar cobs into some damn tasty eats.
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow that is awesome! Thanks soo much! ^:)^ ^:)^ I'll be there as early as I can to help. Thinking about heading to Dad's friday night so I don't have to get up so early. Woohooo we got power! \:D/ :ymparty:
Just a suggestion but, why not let your little grill set this one out?
Works for me.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 7:48 am

Jarhead wrote:
TNTDevil wrote: I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:

DD (+?)-
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake

Whom did I miss?

Folks, I'm trying to figure out this BB software. I find it very hard to navigate. This thread is hard to get through, but I am trying. Tim, you suggest that I bring a veggie tray, and that is what I will do. Buschdevil and I will get there some time around four or four thirty Saturday afternoon. The grandkids have a schedule of their own that we have to support. Two of them will be working at one of the concessions, and will need transportation. Since so many of the brunchgate crowd will be there earlier, somebody save us a beer, and some of the brisket. Go Duke! Stomp on them Spiders.
PM me on the DBR if you have any questions. Don't worry about a 4-430 PM arrival as that's when most of us will probably arrive. Tim will be there early so he can get his Big Johnson, err, Weber set up. I'll bet there's enough food there for everyone by 4-5 PM. And beer. :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 2nd, 2009, 7:51 am

Okay, I'll bring some unshucked corn. What a great idea!

And soft drinks and guacamole and chips!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith