Statler and Waldorf and CathyCA (aka The Snark Thread)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: Statler and Waldorf and CathyCA (aka The Snark Thread)

Post by windsor » February 27th, 2012, 9:25 am

I forgot one:

Loved this look, just loved it.
MilaJovovich-Oscars2012-jpg_015703.jpg
and guys, George Clooney is NOT in this picture :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 27th, 2012, 9:32 am

and from the 'not so much' files:

Please consult with Octavia on 'properly dressing the full figure for the red carpet'
The dress had potential and then just totally missed the mark resulting in one hot mess.
(she is definitely not a member of the IBTC...her girls look like they are trying to make a break for it)
SheriShepherd-Oscars0212-jpg_033841.jpg
From the "I got this at WalMart and sewed some embelishments on it myself" file:
140006692-jpg_015149.jpg
If THIS is the best you can come up with for the Red Carpet at the Academy Awards, give your ticket to someone else and take this thing to the office christmas party
JuliaOrmond-Oscars2-201212-jpg_041347.jpg

I'm tossed on this dress. I love the idea and the style..but I have no idea who thought burn your eyes dayglow yellow was good color choice. The dress...it blinds me...aaahhhhh
NancyODell-Oscars-rc-022612-jpg_033839.jpg
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 27th, 2012, 12:37 pm

windsor wrote:and from the 'not so much' files:

Please consult with Octavia on 'properly dressing the full figure for the red carpet'
The dress had potential and then just totally missed the mark resulting in one hot mess.
(she is definitely not a member of the IBTC...her girls look like they are trying to make a break for it)

I'm tossed on this dress. I love the idea and the style..but I have no idea who thought burn your eyes dayglow yellow was good color choice. The dress...it blinds me...aaahhhhh
IBTC =)) =)) =)) =))

We saw the yellow dress, or at least the top of it, on the CBS morning news when she did a bit in the second hour. Honestly, I never noticed the color of the dress... B-) :D
She is in the IBTC :(
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 27th, 2012, 1:48 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

IBTC =)) =)) =)) =))

We saw the yellow dress, or at least the top of it, on the CBS morning news when she did a bit in the second hour. Honestly, I never noticed the color of the dress... B-) :D

The may not appear so IB if she gave the girls a little support!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2012, 2:19 pm

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

IBTC =)) =)) =)) =))

The may not appear so IB if she gave the girls a little support!
Or if she used her chicken cutlets.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 27th, 2012, 5:00 pm

The word "pendulous" has yet to be used in this thread.

Just sayin'. :ymblushing:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 27th, 2012, 7:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:I don't understand why JLo and her stylist decided to mash her tatas into her dress.

They tried to make a break for it...

:duke: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2012, 9:35 pm

windsor wrote:I forgot one:

Loved this look, just loved it.
MilaJovovich-Oscars2012-jpg_015703.jpg
and guys, George Clooney is NOT in this picture :D
Mila would look good in a burlap potato sack.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 29th, 2012, 12:06 am

I did not care for the bow on Emma Stone's dress. Melissa McCarthy's dress was not a flattering color on her. I didn't like anything with stuff stuck on the hips - ala Angelina Jolie, the female with George,etc.

I did like the guy that imitated Angelina's stance when he was on stage to accept whichever Oscar it was.

I liked Sandra Bullock's dress, really like Penelope Cruz's dress, and the actress from The Help in the emerald green dress. I didn't see it last night but did see it in the paper today - I really liked the black and gold dress someone posted earlier.

I agree with Cathy on the hair - on both the singer and the girl with the dragon tattoo.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 20th, 2012, 9:15 am

Joy Bauer, the nutrition lady on The Today Show is too thin. She needs a cheeseburger on a bleached flour bun, and a milkshake made with real ice cream.

The tendons protruding from her neck don't look healthy.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 22nd, 2012, 11:06 pm

Have I snarked about Lesley Visser recently? The skin on her face is pulled so tightly that her surgeon isn't going to have enough skin to grab when she goes back for her next procedure. She is approaching Bride of Wildenstein status.

Also, I don't know who penciled in her eyebrows tonight, but she needs to know that eyebrows are naturally arched. Lesley Visser's eyebrows are drawn on like straight lines.

I do like her blonde hair better than her brunette hair.

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 22nd, 2012, 11:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:Have I snarked about Lesley Visser recently? The skin on her face is pulled so tightly that her surgeon isn't going to have enough skin to grab when she goes back for her next procedure. She is approaching Bride of Wildenstein status.

Also, I don't know who penciled in her eyebrows tonight, but she needs to know that eyebrows are naturally arched. Lesley Visser's eyebrows are drawn on like straight lines.

I do like her blonde hair better than her brunette hair.

You crack me up! Keep 'em coming!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 4th, 2012, 9:51 am

Snarkiness gets "Titanic" changed. At least in one scene. It's nerd snarkiness, too. :-B
As James Cameron confirmed with Discovery, "Neil deGrasse Tyson sent me quite a snarky email saying that, at that time of year, in that position in the Atlantic in 1912, when Rose (Kate Winslet) is lying on the piece of driftwood and staring up at the stars, that is not the star field she would have seen."
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 07213.html
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 4th, 2012, 10:28 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Snarkiness gets "Titanic" changed. At least in one scene. It's nerd snarkiness, too. :-B
As James Cameron confirmed with Discovery, "Neil deGrasse Tyson sent me quite a snarky email saying that, at that time of year, in that position in the Atlantic in 1912, when Rose (Kate Winslet) is lying on the piece of driftwood and staring up at the stars, that is not the star field she would have seen."
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 07213.html
I think he would have been less snarky if they had not mirroed the left half o the sky on the right...that's what caught his attention. I will sleep easier knowing that the sky is now correct.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 5th, 2012, 2:12 am

Well if it's Titanic-related snark season, then this is a must-read!

http://jezebel.com/5898432/i-re+watched ... re-welcome
I watched Titanic again on TV with my sister a few years later, making sure to switch it off right before that whole stressful iceberg thingy—a strategy that turns the movie into a pleasant romp about two teenagers who take a perfectly safe boat ride and then bang in a jalopy. The end. Charming! Watching Titanic for a third time this weekend—in advance of Wednesday's big 3D reopening—I cannot imagine what I was thinking that second time around. I could not wait to get to the second half and watch all these motherfuckers drown.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 5th, 2012, 7:50 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Well if it's Titanic-related snark season, then this is a must-read!

I watched Titanic again on TV with my sister a few years later, making sure to switch it off right before that whole stressful iceberg thingy—a strategy that turns the movie into a pleasant romp about two teenagers who take a perfectly safe boat ride and then bang in a jalopy. The end. Charming! Watching Titanic for a third time this weekend—in advance of Wednesday's big 3D reopening—I cannot imagine what I was thinking that second time around. I could not wait to get to the second half and watch all these motherfuckers drown.
Thank you DA! Best coffee read in a long time.
sMiles
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 5th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Miles wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Well if it's Titanic-related snark season, then this is a must-read!

Thank you DA! Best coffee read in a long time.
Or, without the coffee. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » April 5th, 2012, 6:51 pm

"Spoiler Alert: The ship sinks!!"
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 5th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Turk wrote:"Spoiler Alert: The ship sinks!!"
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least you saved me a movie ticket.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 6th, 2012, 1:23 am

Turk wrote:"Spoiler Alert: The ship sinks!!"
That's why I have never seen the movie - I know how it ends. Ship sinks, bunch of people die.

Besides, if I'm going to watch a movie about the Titanic, I'll re-watch The Unsinkable Molly Brown.
Life is good!