an interesting dilemma...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: an interesting dilemma...

Post by ArkieDukie » June 12th, 2011, 6:32 pm

I sent the results to my boss today via e-mail. The e-mail basically said, here's an alternate explanation of the data. I then presented a nice, logical (IMO) list of reasons, some supported with references, why I thought the new answer was better than the one in the manuscript. Nothing more, nothing less. My boss e-mailed me back and said we'd discuss it tomorrow. Vibes would be appreciated - not sure exactly what his reaction is going to be.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 12th, 2011, 6:43 pm

Sounds good. Let the vibes begin.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 12th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Lavabe wrote:Sounds good. Let the vibes begin.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, Lavabe!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 12th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Vibes.}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Either he will recognize your genius and that you are saving his ass, or you may be starting your summer vacation early... which (other than paycheck interruptus) may not be such a bad thing for your mental health. Either way, we're here for you for advice, celebrations and moral support! :ymhug:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 12th, 2011, 7:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Vibes.}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Either he will recognize your genius and that you are saving his ass, or you may be starting your summer vacation early... which (other than paycheck interruptus) may not be such a bad thing for your mental health. Either way, we're here for you for advice, celebrations and moral support! :ymhug:
:text-yeahthat: :text-goodpost:

And besides, if he can't take a joke...'F' him!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 12th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Thanks, Ozzie! Sure hope it's the former and not the latter.

ETA: Confirming that I was right all along has been the best medicine for my mental health. I knew I was right, but having good, solid evidence backing that fact is always helpful. :D
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 12th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Either he will recognize your genius and that you are saving his ass, or you may be starting your summer vacation early...
... or he'll just ignore it. :|

Ted Drewe's alert!!
:ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » June 12th, 2011, 8:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

ETA: Confirming that I was right all along has been the best medicine for my mental health. I knew I was right, but having good, solid evidence backing that fact is always helpful. :D
Go AD!! You're still my Sheroe!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 12th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Either he will recognize your genius and that you are saving his ass, or you may be starting your summer vacation early...
... or he'll just ignore it. :|

Ted Drewe's alert!!
:ymapplause:
=)) =)) Are you sure you don't know my boss? Because that's entirely plausible. He did say we'd discuss it tomorrow, but that discussion hasn't happened yet.

I did visit Ted Drewe's on Friday night (mocha-Heath bar concrete - yummy!), but I think another trip is in order.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 12th, 2011, 8:43 pm

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Thanks DPA!
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 12th, 2011, 10:52 pm

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

What DPA said, my sister! ^:)^ :wizard: vibes for tomorrow. Keep us posted.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 13th, 2011, 8:27 am

Just lurking here with nothing to add but vibes! :wizard: You guys all amaze me with the way you have each others' backs with good insight and advice. If only you ran the country!

Waiting for the next episode.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 13th, 2011, 8:32 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Just lurking here with nothing to add but vibes! :wizard: You guys all amaze me with the way you have each others' backs with good insight and advice. If only you ran the country!

Love, Ima
I'd like to go talk to our state legislators about our budget and slap them upside their heads... and I voted FOR some of those clowns. They have no f'ing clue what they are doing to the long term costs when it comes to our at risk kids, and I'm talking specifically to the changes to the "public school" Pre-K programs and More at 4 program they are all but killing with the changes they are making in the new budget.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 13th, 2011, 9:45 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Just lurking here with nothing to add but vibes! :wizard: You guys all amaze me with the way you have each others' backs with good insight and advice. If only you ran the country!

Love, Ima
I'd like to go talk to our state legislators about our budget and slap them upside their heads... and I voted FOR some of those clowns. They have no f'ing clue what they are doing to the long term costs when it comes to our at risk kids, and I'm talking specifically to the changes to the "public school" Pre-K programs and More at 4 program they are all but killing with the changes they are making in the new budget.
First the Duke AD position, then the world!! :D

And EarlJam for governor of Alaska! :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 13th, 2011, 9:54 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Love, Ima
When you talk with them (or write to them), be sure to tell them that you voted for them. They will take notice of an unhappy soon-to-be-former supporter.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 13th, 2011, 10:30 am

More vibes coming your way. I hope your boss sees the light. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 13th, 2011, 11:12 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:More vibes coming your way. I hope your boss sees the light. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I hope you're having a smooth day, Arkie! :ymapplause:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 13th, 2011, 12:05 pm

Love, Ima
President Obama is in the Triangle today. Arrived at RDU airport this morning. Headed to CREE, a lighting manufacturer in RTP, to discuss jobs and economy. CREE is a leader in the Green Energy Sector.

Reggie Love, personal asst to Obama, was in tow with a big back pack and carrying a laptop bag. I remember when Reggie was interviewing for an internship with then Sen Obama.

Obama will speak about 130pm at CREE today. It will be online.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 13th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: If only you ran the country!
I don't??????? :-o

It's GOOD to be the king. :-
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 13th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:More vibes coming your way. I hope your boss sees the light. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I hope you're having a smooth day, Arkie! :ymapplause:
Thanks, Lavabe!

Whoever guessed that the boss would say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the data I sent yesterday, step to the head of the class. Of course, he's meeting with Pushy PI and The Minion tomorrow, so maybe he'll mention it then. Or not. :ymdevil: I've done my part; the rest is up to him.

The Minion was in the lab today to do some data analysis. She's not even talking to me now - she's asking my coworkers when she needs some menial task done. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein