Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Official "Good Night" Thread

Post by CathyCA » December 15th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Good night!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 15th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Nytol!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 15th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Good night. i-)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 16th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Sleepy? I'm not sleeeee...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:asleep:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 16th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Good night!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 17th, 2011, 12:16 am

Buenas nachos!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 17th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Henry Joseph, Donna and Tye arrived safe and sound. :happy-bouncyblue: Henry has grown so much. He is so cute and special., :ymhug:

Good night. :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 18th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Good night.

Court docket from hell tomorrow, then from purgatory on Tuesday, then HOME FREE til the 3rd of January.

i-) :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 18th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Good night!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2011, 10:44 pm

I've had an emotionally exhausting day. It is my 24th wedding anniversary (and we all know how that turned out), and it's the 10th anniversary of my dad's death. Just generally the crappiest day of the year on my calendar.

During the mid-morning as I was looking at a deed on my computer, I felt a tap tap tap on my left shoulder and this voice said, "Hi, Mom." It was SAM who had flown in from California to surprise me for Christmas. I screamed, I danced, I cried, I laughed, I hugged him! It was a wonderful surprise that he arranged with some help from his dad and my mom. He will be here for a month. I am so happy.

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2011, 10:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:I've had an emotionally exhausting day. It is my 24th wedding anniversary (and we all know how that turned out), and it's the 10th anniversary of my dad's death. Just generally the crappiest day of the year on my calendar.

During the mid-morning as I was looking at a deed on my computer, I felt a tap tap tap on my left shoulder and this voice said, "Hi, Mom." It was SAM who had flown in from California to surprise me for Christmas. I screamed, I danced, I cried, I laughed, I hugged him! It was a wonderful surprise that he arranged with some help from his dad and my mom. He will be here for a month. I am so happy.

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

That's wonderful, Cathy! Hugs to you for making it through a tough day, and best wishes for a wonderful visit with your son. Good night to you!
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 19th, 2011, 11:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:I've had an emotionally exhausting day. It is my 24th wedding anniversary (and we all know how that turned out), and it's the 10th anniversary of my dad's death. Just generally the crappiest day of the year on my calendar.

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

So, Merry Christmas Cathy. Sam being home is a really nice surprise. I'm glad you crappie day wasn't so crappie after all. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 19th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Good night. (-|

:duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 20th, 2011, 12:36 am

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

Well, there's goes that wild Christmas eve you and Matt had planned... ;) Just kidding. I'm very happy for you that Sam surprised you!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 20th, 2011, 8:59 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

That's wonderful, Cathy! Hugs to you for making it through a tough day, and best wishes for a wonderful visit with your son. Good night to you!
Thank you, AD!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 20th, 2011, 9:00 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

So, Merry Christmas Cathy. Sam being home is a really nice surprise. I'm glad you crappie day wasn't so crappie after all. :ymhug:
It is going to be a very Merry Christmas, indeed! I am so happy!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 20th, 2011, 9:04 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

Well, there's goes that wild Christmas eve you and Matt had planned... ;) Just kidding. I'm very happy for you that Sam surprised you!
Ha ha!

Thank you, Ozzie!

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 20th, 2011, 9:05 am

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

That is sooooo very cool, I know Christmas is always hard on you since you don't have the kids...this must have been an amazing early present. Who else was in on the surprise? How did he get to your house?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 20th, 2011, 9:18 am

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

What a wonderful surprise! I have goosebumps! Sam is a very thoughtful young man. Enjoy your time together.
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 20th, 2011, 10:01 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

And now I'm tired.

Good night.

That is sooooo very cool, I know Christmas is always hard on you since you don't have the kids...this must have been an amazing early present. Who else was in on the surprise? How did he get to your house?
The following persons were in on the surprise:

Mom, Sam, ExLax, Christian and Miss Fran.

Mom spent the night with Miss Fran in Raleigh on Sunday. I'd thought they were just having dinner, but it was so that Mom could be at RDU early yesterday morning to pick up Sam from the airport when he came in on the red eye. Mom brought Sam straight to my office from the airport.

Christian told Matt on Saturday just before we put him on the plane. Mom was afraid that Matt would spill the beans since I've been so emotional about not having my kids with me at Christmas, so she didn't let him in on the surprise.

I could not have been more surprised and thrilled. I have laughed and cried and had so much fun just being with my Sammy. Today I'm going out to buy all of his favorite foods. I have an entire month to spoil him. I am so happy!

~ James Naismith