Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Post by DukeUsul » August 31st, 2009, 4:30 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Hey folks. I have a good friend who is planning a big tailgate for before the first game, so I'm going to have to spend much of the time with him and our circle of friends from school. BUT I will definitely make it over to the LTE brunchgate at some point to meet everyone. Not sure yet if little Katie will be in tow.
So where is that tailgate taking place?
Not totally sure. One of the Wannamaker lots he has a pass for.
-- DukeUsul
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:14 pm

DukePA wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Here's what I can do. Since TNT is now making this officially a brunchgate by being there insanely early 8-} I'll head out from the beach earlier, hit the lots, drop off my stuff, see if TNT needs anything, and then go see my dad. Then I'll be back to the lots early afternoon.
Insanely early?!? I resemble that remark! :lol: I prefer to think of it as fashionably early.

I do like your plan however. I think it's time to "stop our grinnin' and drop our linen!" and get a roll-call of attendees and our official menu.

I've come up with a plan that will allow me to bring my 22" Weber Kettle (My Bar-B-Chef is just too damn heavy to even consider) along with my TV, DirecTV and assorted tailgate related items- my tailgate tote and, more-n-likely two tables. (Got a feeler out for a used Honda portable generator. Hoping the cat agrees to my price!)

As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp, cole slaw and some bread/buns and finally some desserty item(s) (depends on how perky I feel during the week). Of course, I'll be rocking some of der Duetsch-land's finest.

Who's next?
I cannot believe I am going to miss this tailgate to be in a wedding =(( . At least she's one of my BFFs. That helps. Can you send a bite of brisket back to the beach with CB&B for me? Pretty please ;;)
OMG, I am already SMELLING that brisket =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ and garlic shrimp? X( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( X( and slaw..... :(( :(( :(( :((

I agree with DukePA, can someone bring me a doggy bag also @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz @};- :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TNTDevil wrote: As for my food contributions... I'll be doing the brisket, probably a couple of BBQ sauces, I may elect to smoke a chicken too (see earlier lame joke about keeping it lit :lol: ) or, possibly some garlic shrimp?
I was going to do chicken on a stick, but I was thinking today as I drove past several shrimp vendors it would be a shame not to bring some fresh from the beach. So I'm contributing shrimp instead of chicken. I will have my small grill with me. Of course I'll have beer also. I'm bringing my tent in hopes that we are able to use it.
Chris - I am going to have to beat YOU, YOU TEAZZEEEEE!!!!!! You guys are going to have sooooooo much fun and I will be there in spirit (my backup plan) and maybe by phone (???), but all initial plans are foiled by life's demands, but I WILL BE THERE THE FIRST OF OCTOBER and at Tilly's!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:19 pm

devildeac wrote:
knights68 wrote:An offer.... and a challenge

Count me in for BG 9.5!! And to add to the menu (and added stickiness) I am gonna bring some BBQ drummettes! With hot sauce on the side for those who wish to partake! Everyone ok with that? I may include/substitute ribs, I hadn't decided yet. Maybe we should vote? who is for what??
Chicken wings/drummetts OR Ribs?

Un Challenge...
A particular German beer I am fond of. Haven't a clue to the whole name, I just know it starts with "S" and it like 15 letters in the name! First learned of it last year via my uncle.
Anyone find something close to that, pick us up 6, would ya? I am fairly certain the beer enthusiasts will enjoy! (I'll reimburse ya).
I vote ribs.

(and chicken... :oops: :roll: )

Might the beer be Salvator? It doesn't quite have the requisite bunchanumbers, err, letters, but it is a fine German brew and worthy of a 6er for Brunchgate.
I've got your bunch-a-numbers!!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:21 pm

devildeac wrote:
knights68 wrote:An offer.... and a challenge

Count me in for BG 9.5!! And to add to the menu (and added stickiness) I am gonna bring some BBQ drummettes! With hot sauce on the side for those who wish to partake! Everyone ok with that? I may include/substitute ribs, I hadn't decided yet. Maybe we should vote? who is for what??
Chicken wings/drummetts OR Ribs?

Un Challenge...
A particular German beer I am fond of. Haven't a clue to the whole name, I just know it starts with "S" and it like 15 letters in the name! First learned of it last year via my uncle.
Anyone find something close to that, pick us up 6, would ya? I am fairly certain the beer enthusiasts will enjoy! (I'll reimburse ya).
I vote ribs.

(and chicken... :oops: :roll: )

Might the beer be Salvator? It doesn't quite have the requisite bunchanumbers, err, letters, but it is a fine German brew and worthy of a 6er for Brunchgate.
RIBS are an XXXXXXXXXXX-CELLLENT recommmendation, but they have to occur on October 3rd!!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :D :D :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'll bring the requisite Bud Light plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
OZ - I'm shocked, no BLL?????? Did you try the Bud Lite with LIME? :-o :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:24 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:..... plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
Forgive me, but they aren't those RED THINGS TNT had grilling last year? :oops:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:26 pm

devildeac wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'll bring the requisite Bud Light plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
Requisite???
He "borrowed" it from one of my earlier posts :roll: . You know how limited an engineer's vocabulary (and beer selection) can be. :roll: :))

requisite- required by circumstances; needed; necessary; essential; INDISPENSABLE ('"shouted" by me :roll: )

As in, "The beef brisket/tenderloin requisite for a enjoyable Brunchgate."

;)

I'm not a writer/linguist either, so have at it you frequenters of the "...academic..." thread... ;)
DA, DAA, DAAAAAAA, DA, DAAAAA .... I am loving IT!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:28 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Will anyone know where are tent is going to be? I'm assuming they won't actually have them set up at 9am, but it would be helpful for TNT to know at least the general area so we aren't moving hot grills around at noon.
OMG, .... I'm thinking no ONE will know where the field is since the party starts at O 9 hundred and the game doesn't start until 7PM (OR 1900 hours for those on military time)..... :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:31 pm

devildeac wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:"quote="Sue71"
I am familiar with "requisite", however I didn't realize that Bud Light fell into that category. :ymsmug:"/quote"
Well, now you have learned something! :ymhug: :ymhug: :D
Not really. :))
good reply... :roll: :))
=)) =)) =)) =)) Gosh, I'm soooooo far behind... (sorry for that slip, DD!!! :D )
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 31st, 2009, 9:33 pm

cl15876 wrote:
No more BLL for me. Waaaaay too much lime for my taste. But thanks!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:37 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Just to spice this up a bit with visual aids, this is a photo from last year when the all of the Brunchgaters were out in full force, including EarlJam and Lavabe/ILJ (and daughter).
Nice job, CB&B!!!!! For the record, right now, I have no hair around the lips and chin.... :D :D :D I will be a NEW MEMBER, but come November, all Y'ALL will recognize me!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Just to spice this up a bit with visual aids, this is a photo from last year when the all of the Brunchgaters were out in full force, including EarlJam and Lavabe/ILJ (and daughter).
I think I was out hawking the GTHC stickers when that picture was taken...
Is that what YOU CALL IT???? :-o :-o :-o :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I think I was out hawking the GTHC stickers when that picture was taken...
That's OK...We have this one for you....
ozziedevil.jpg
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 31st, 2009, 9:41 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:..... plus some kosher 1/4 pound dogs and buns. If I can find Hebrew National Knockwurst instead of the dogs, I'll bring those - they are SO MUCH better! They sell them in Ft. Lauderdale, but not here that I've found.
Forgive me, but they aren't those RED THINGS TNT had grilling last year? :oops:
God no! I don't know what you are talking about. We have two local hot dog plants here - carolina Packers and Steven's, and they both make NASTY red things that the locals love. Can't stand 'em. Give me an all beef (Kosher) dog any day!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:43 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
Jarhead wrote: What's still needed?
Jarhead **==
plates, cups, utensils?
I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:

TNT (+7)- Brisket, BBQ sauces, cole slaw, rolls & sandwich buns, cookies, brownies,
CB&B (+?)- shrimp, flounder on a magic wand :lol:
DD (+?)-
Knights68 & Tilly- Potato casserole, ribs and/or wings?
Ozzie (+?)- 1/4lb Hot dogs, brews
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake
Jarhead (+?)- Veggie tray?

Whom did I miss?
Jeeezzzzz, did someone say FLOUNDER on a stick????? X( X( X( X( X(
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 9:45 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
No more BLL for me. Waaaaay too much lime for my taste. But thanks!
I tried!!!! 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 31st, 2009, 9:59 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
Jarhead wrote: What's still needed?
Jarhead **==
plates, cups, utensils?
I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:

TNT (+7)- Brisket, BBQ sauces, cole slaw, rolls & sandwich buns, cookies, brownies,
DD (+?)-
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake

Whom did I miss?
You missed ME and my entourage of my son, my mom and her friend, Miss Fran.

And I still don't know what I'm bringing. Chips, salsa and guacamole? How about some soft drinks?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 31st, 2009, 10:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:"quote="Jarhead"What's still needed?
Jarhead **=="/quote"
plates, cups, utensils?

DD (+?)-
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake

Whom did I miss?
You missed ME and my entourage of my son, my mom and her friend, Miss Fran.

And I still don't know what I'm bringing. Chips, salsa and guacamole? How about some soft drinks?
I've heard your oatmeal cookies are toooooo ABSOLUTELY DIE FOR!!!! :ymparty: :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2009, 8:50 pm

I secured the last two Left Hand Juju ginger 4 packs, so they will be coming with me. Also there is a 50/50 chance I will be bringing the first homebrew. Since I bottled last Saturday, they should be ready this Saturday. I will at least bring a few as traders.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.