PWing School Chancellor

Re: Kyrie

Post by lawgrad91 » April 7th, 2011, 1:48 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:If I were in a foxhole, I'd want Brian Zoubek. :duke:
I'd want Patrick Johnson. :D
Then I got Nate. :duke:
I was just thinking about Nate as an option. Great minds think alike.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2011, 1:57 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:If I were in a foxhole, I'd want Brian Zoubek. :duke:
I'd want Patrick Johnson. :D
I'd want Abby Waner. :x
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 7th, 2011, 2:20 pm

If I were in a foxhole, I'd want Christian Laettner in there with me.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 7th, 2011, 2:45 pm

I'd want K. He drives a tank. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 7th, 2011, 4:25 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'd want Abby Waner. :x
DAMMIT!!! I blew it. Trade?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 7th, 2011, 4:42 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'd want Abby Waner. :x
DAMMIT!!! I blew it. Trade?
You can take Alison Vernerey.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » April 8th, 2011, 1:09 am

CathyCA wrote:What I'm about to write may not be a very popular opinion around here:

I wonder how many classes he attended while he was rehabbing his toe. I wonder how many papers he wrote while he was rehabbing his toe. I wonder how many tests he studied for while he was rehabbing his toe. I wonder how many books he checked out from Perkins while he was rehabbing his toe. I wonder how many hours he spent working on his academics while he was rehabbing his toe. I wonder how many hours he sat around playing video games or sitting in the C.I. or wherever the pretty people hang out while he was rehabbing his toe.

If you're going to come to my school, where I, my parents, my grandfather, my ExLax, my uncles and my aunts, and many of my dearest friends put forth our very best academic efforts, then I expect that you, too, should put forth your best academic efforts as well. After all, Duke is first and foremost a place of learning, knowledge and erudition. Our students do other things well, too, but even a student-athlete is a student first. If you're not going to put forth your best academic efforts at my school, then I think it's best that you leave quickly and quietly.

I've already put someone in my rear view mirror.

I'm looking forward to going to the Men's Basketball Banquet next Friday evening and celebrating the accomplishments, including the impending graduations, of our fabulous seniors, who, unlike he who shall not be named, managed to win a National Championship while at Duke. Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith and Casey Peters represent everything good about my university. I salute them, and I celebrate their accomplishments.

totally agree! kyrie sure sounds smart (and im sure he is) but he had a world class education at his toe, and threw it away. you would think with such senior leadership, he would have wanted to follow in the Duke legacy, not really proud of his decision. i have a feeling it was mostly his dad's influence. my poor girlfriend bet me he would stay all 4 years, i dont want the $, neither should he! :twocents: :duke: :duke: :duke:
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 8th, 2011, 6:22 am

Bear in mind, with the $$$ and his level of intelligence and a freshman year already under his belt, this money can pay his own way toward a degree at a later time. He could also be the source of a large amount of future possible financial institutional donations. What I'm saying is, don't write this young man off just yet.
It is too early to pass judgement, in my opinion. Favorable or not. Please give it a little more time. He just may end up making you very proud. :-?

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_stor ... in_article
Pay close attention to the last two paragraphs/sentences.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 9th, 2011, 10:53 am

I wish he had decided to stay but I wish him well in the NBA. I hope he does finish his degree - and I really hope it is at Duke!

Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 10th, 2011, 1:30 am

CathyCA wrote:If I were in a foxhole, I'd want Christian Laettner in there with me.

I will opt NOT to be in a FOXHOLE! :D
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » June 29th, 2011, 5:18 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:If I were in a foxhole, I'd want Christian Laettner in there with me.

I will opt NOT to be in a FOXHOLE! :D
I would normally opt for Christian Laettner, but upon further thought I believe I would choose Bobby Hurley or Steve W-ski. I mean, dang, I'm 6'3" and while not all that tall in the world of Basketball, it IS plenty big enough for a foxhole. I don't think Christian Laettner would be comfortable with another 6-foot+ dude in a foxhole with him, and I know I wouldn't be comfortable with that. But Hell, take comfort completely out of the equation.

If you ARE in a foxhole, chances are you are at war. If you are at war, you want to maximize cover as much as possible to make yourself invisible to the enemy. With that thought in mind, would you really want a person who is 6' 11" in the foxhole with you? Hell NO you wouldn't. That dome (and likely shoulders too) would be as exposed as Paris Hilton on a homemade video. The results would likely not be pretty (just like the Paris Hilton videos). In short, you be horribly injured, if not killed.

With this in mind, I would have to go through the Duke rosters of yore (if it has to be a Duke Basketball player) and select someone just over, at, or below six feet tall. But that is not the only criteria. True to the original post, I would not want someone who may abandon me in the foxhole with me (e.g. William Avery). No. The person would still have to have toughness, courage, determination and loyalty. So, who does this leave for a viable choice to join me in the foxhole? I can think of no better candidate right off hand than Bobby Hurley.

So, I, EarlJam, would choose *Bobby Hurley to join me in the **foxhole.

-EarlJam

*If choice is limited to former mens Duke Basketball players
**Assuming we are talking a man-made foxhole and not an actual hole created and used by a fox
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.