O Madagascar: Sacred Beach Lemurs 2010

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: O Madagascar: Sacred Beach Lemurs 2010

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2010, 12:07 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:If ILJ protests too much about the sapphires, let her know you have at least 2 people lined up to take them off your hands. I'm the better option as she won't have to see them on someone else's ears in future years and think they should be hers.
You could wear them to Brunchgate on Sept. 18th! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2010, 12:09 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:If ILJ protests too much about the sapphires, let her know you have at least 2 people lined up to take them off your hands. I'm the better option as she won't have to see them on someone else's ears in future years and think they should be hers.
I'll probably be wearing sapphire earrings but they might be the small stones I bought in Colby, KS. I think ILJ will keep her earrings, if she gets them.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 22nd, 2010, 12:32 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:If ILJ protests too much about the sapphires, let her know you have at least 2 people lined up to take them off your hands. I'm the better option as she won't have to see them on someone else's ears in future years and think they should be hers. I would go with setting them there with no other stones - this would be a simpler setting that she could wear more frequently. On a future anniversary, as finances allow, you could always reset them.

Make that THREE people lined up to take them off your hands. I love saphires....rather have a deep blue saphire than a diamond.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 22nd, 2010, 12:59 pm

windsor wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:If ILJ protests too much about the sapphires, let her know you have at least 2 people lined up to take them off your hands. I'm the better option as she won't have to see them on someone else's ears in future years and think they should be hers. I would go with setting them there with no other stones - this would be a simpler setting that she could wear more frequently. On a future anniversary, as finances allow, you could always reset them.

Make that THREE people lined up to take them off your hands. I love saphires....rather have a deep blue saphire than a diamond.
Four. Sapphire is my birthstone. I agree with DinK; they don't need to be set with anything else.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 22nd, 2010, 1:06 pm

Let me assure y'all of two things:
1) ILJ LOVES the blue stone;
2) We have dealing with a heap of financial issues since the spring flood. That was a $2000+ hit that has just harmed us in EVERY conceivable way. And our cars are starting to fall apart too. These are solid reasons why we just won't touch those stones. Having said that, the stones are really gorgeous... but just not worth it considering our financial straits.

Had I known there would be a line-up among the shinkickers and devildeacs, I would have taken orders before coming over here.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 22nd, 2010, 1:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I'll be flying back from Japan on Sept. 18th.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 22nd, 2010, 1:14 pm

Lavabe wrote:Let me assure y'all of two things:
1) ILJ LOVES the blue stone;
2) We have dealing with a heap of financial issues since the spring flood. That was a $2000+ hit that has just harmed us in EVERY conceivable way. And our cars are starting to fall apart too. These are solid reasons why we just won't touch those stones. Having said that, the stones are really gorgeous... but just not worth it considering our financial straits.

Had I known there would be a line-up among the shinkickers and devildeacs, I would have taken orders before coming over here.
You could buy ILJ :auto-car: a car when you get back.... :auto-car:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 22nd, 2010, 4:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:You could buy ILJ :auto-car: a car when you get back.... :auto-car:
I'm an Assistant Professor, not a lawyer. ;) :o) :)) =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 22nd, 2010, 4:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:You could buy ILJ :auto-car: a car when you get back.... :auto-car:
A small car? A moped? :auto-biker:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2010, 5:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Um, I'm a lawyer, and I can't afford to buy ILJ a car. :auto-swerve:

She's going to be so happy to see you walk off that plane and into her arms. It won't matter what kind of gift you bring to her--just seeing you will be thrill she's waiting for!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 1:44 pm

It's about time to gear up the vibes for a bump on the flight from Jo-burg to Atlanta (16.5 hours direct flight). It looks to be just about packed, as ILJ got me a middle of the row seat. In all fairness, her reasoning was good: no aisles available, no windows available without someone in front of me. The only seats available with open seats in front of them were middle seats, and there were too few of them available.

I will do my best to beg and plead for an emergency row seat.

In lieu of that, I am hoping they overbooked, so that I can be bumped to the next flight (perhaps with a change in service class) the next day. PRETTY PLEASE?!?! It's a code share flight with Air France and Delta. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 23rd, 2010, 2:57 pm

Lavabe wrote:It's about time to gear up the vibes for a bump on the flight from Jo-burg to Atlanta (16.5 hours direct flight). It looks to be just about packed, as ILJ got me a middle of the row seat. In all fairness, her reasoning was good: no aisles available, no windows available without someone in front of me. The only seats available with open seats in front of them were middle seats, and there were too few of them available.

I will do my best to beg and plead for an emergency row seat.

In lieu of that, I am hoping they overbooked, so that I can be bumped to the next flight (perhaps with a change in service class) the next day. PRETTY PLEASE?!?! It's a code share flight with Air France and Delta. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Vibes for you! :wizard: :wizard: Hopefully you'll get bumped to a better class of seat so you can stretch your legs, or if not, hopefully (like in the flight I was on from Seattle) a man with a cane will be in the emergency row, and you can switch wit him.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2010, 3:38 pm

Safe flights and better seat vibes! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 5:11 pm

Your two friends are in line behind me :D . And, BTW, I'm the better option as I'm sure Mrs. DD would be happy to put them on loan to her sister for special occasions :D .

I agree with DinK however about having them set in a simple manner there by a jeweler/gemologist you trust.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 23rd, 2010, 10:28 pm

I have just a few more days here. Basically, it's good-bye time for the most part, getting a few photos, and packing.

I had a meeting yesterday with the minister for the environment, and now I have to file a report about the sport-hunting incident. According to local law, ALL hunting of lemurs is forbidden. Essentially, they will find the sport hunter and put him in prison. I asked that they find out more about where he hunted in the last 10 years, and how many lemurs he killed during that time. The good news is that the minister fully appreciates that the local people are innocent.

I am also going up for a Sunday morning visit to Joffreville, where I was based out of for my dissertation field work. It's a town of about 500 people (mostly farmers) who live near the east side of Mt. d'Ambre National Park. Still lots of friends there.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 10:39 pm

Lavabe wrote:I have just a few more days here. Basically, it's good-bye time for the most part, getting a few photos, and packing.

I had a meeting yesterday with the minister for the environment, and now I have to file a report about the sport-hunting incident. According to local law, ALL hunting of lemurs is forbidden. Essentially, they will find the sport hunter and put him in prison. I asked that they find out more about where he hunted in the last 10 years, and how many lemurs he killed during that time. The good news is that the minister fully appreciates that the local people are innocent.

I am also going up for a Sunday morning visit to Joffreville, where I was based out of for my dissertation field work. It's a town of about 500 people (mostly farmers) who live near the east side of Mt. d'Ambre National Park. Still lots of friends there.
Best of success wrapping things up over there.

Seriously, I am still extremely interested in those sapphire earrings.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » July 24th, 2010, 6:32 am

Lots and lots of good travel vibes coming your way
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Be safe!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 24th, 2010, 10:37 am

One, have a safe trip back and hope you get bumped...I also enjoy getting bumped for cash or better accommodations.

I hope they catch the hunter.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 24th, 2010, 11:35 am

vibes for a most excellent return trip! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2010, 8:00 am

I'm in my hotel room, catching up on a few items, hoping to interview a few more folks.

Anyway, the French TF1 channel is on, and I am now stumped by the following questions:
Why do the French like Jennifer Love Hewitt?
Why do the French like Johnny Hallyday?
French game shows... why do they exist?
Why do the French like CSI w/David Caruso?
Why is the French soccer team's World Cup performance worthy of a government investigation?

Sometimes I just don't understand the French.