LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » January 20th, 2010, 4:18 pm

wilson wrote:I've posted a handful of times over yonder in recent days. Not sure what the hell's wrong with me.
Please re-visit/re-think your "See, I'm not crazy" thread. ;)
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 20th, 2010, 5:00 pm

I'm looking forward to our game tonight. Yea, I will keep myself occupied with whatever game is on @ 7:00 pm, ESPN. Even if I dislike the teams playing. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 20th, 2010, 5:04 pm

I'm also looking forward to dinner. We're having a baked ham, stewed potatoes with onions, garlic and butter and tiny butter beans.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 20th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Did you know Tyler Hansbrough is an anagram for "He's bung harlotry?"
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 20th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 20th, 2010, 5:16 pm

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:

That revulsionary fornication. Help! A chill.
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 20th, 2010, 7:41 pm

The service report said the battery was bad and needed replacing.

We had the oil changed at WalMart on Monday while Mrs. Ozzie was off (MLK day). We took it over about 2 pm and planned to pick it up late in the afternoon. Well, one thing led to another ( :D ) and we never gave it a thought. When I got into bed about midnight, I thought "I never looked at the service report when we picked up the van. ... Um, did we pick up the van?" I looked outside at the driveway and there was this big chunk of concrete where the van was supposed to be... damn. I got dressed, went downstairs and told Mrs. Ozzie "we never picked up your van". Gulp. She had to be in Raleigh at 8 a.m. So we drove back to WalMart at 12:30 a.m. I had brought my set of keys, so she dropped me off at the vehicle (I knew it would be sitting there waiting to be picked up, even if I had to go back on Tuesday morning to pay for the service.) We went in and the nice folks at the service desk found our paperwork and keys and we paid for oil change.

On the service report it said "battery test failed, replace battery", and on the seat was a test strip print out that said the CCA was only about 350 instead of the ~500 it was supposed to be. Today I went battery shopping (WalMart's 3-year free replacement 900 amp/ 775 CCA battery was $75, cheaper than other parts stores' (Advance Auto, AutoZone, O'Reilly Auto Parts) 2 year batteries. But I asked them to retest the battery, just to be sure. They used two (2) different testers, and both passed the battery - the CCA was reading about 460 amps, well within specs. I took it over to O'Reilly and they checked it too, and passed the battery. So I saved ~$80 (enough to pay my share of the Brunchgate tent!) At least for now. The van is almost 4-years old and the battery will go at some inopportune time, but for now it's good to go!

In a few months I'll probably have to replace the tires. We've gotten almost 84,000 out of those suckers so far, and there is plenty of tread left (6/32)!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 20th, 2010, 7:52 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:On the service report it said "battery test failed, replace battery", and on the seat was a test strip print out that said the CCA was only about 350 instead of the ~500 it was supposed to be.
Are you going to ask Wally World about this?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 20th, 2010, 8:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:On the service report it said "battery test failed, replace battery", and on the seat was a test strip print out that said the CCA was only about 350 instead of the ~500 it was supposed to be.
Huh?

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 20th, 2010, 8:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Huh?
Ask them why they were gonna get you to buy a new battery when it tested ok elsewhere.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 20th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Huh?
Ask them why they were gonna get you to buy a new battery when it tested ok elsewhere.
Because their tester was faulty. The tech tonight said he noticed some funky readings over the weekend. So the question is why didn't he say something to have it takeken out of service, or at least checked. Tonight he used two different testers to be sure. I would have had them double check the test on Monday if I had picked it up that afternoon. I've dealt with these guys/this store for years. They've never sold me something that wasn't needed. Of course, all they do is oil changes, tires and batteries - not other fluid changes, shocks nor front end alignments.

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 20th, 2010, 11:48 pm

Wow. This site is awesome. 'Wilson York' is an anagram of "Silky or now." And while I'm not one to resort to such an easy joke, I confess that the first words that ran through my mind when I read that were, "That's what she said." Even though "silky or now" doesn't even really make any kind of sense.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 21st, 2010, 5:10 am

Morning, all! ~O) I don't say "good" after what happened on the hardwood last night...

Thanks for jinxing us last night, CB&B. :((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2010, 7:35 am

I just saw a really funny t-shirt on a friend's Facebook page. The shirt read, "I wear this shirt because I went to Auburn. You're wearing that Bama shirt because you went to Walmart." =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 21st, 2010, 8:43 am

wilson wrote:I've posted a handful of times over yonder in recent days. Not sure what the hell's wrong with me.

Are you slumming it for any particular reason? Or have you just lost your freakin' mind ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 21st, 2010, 9:39 am

I'm still recovering from last night. What a bummer. :(
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 21st, 2010, 9:43 am

My car is in the shop getting a major maintenance job today. I hope its done in time for me to get to Kenansville to watch Max's game this afternoon.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 21st, 2010, 10:19 am

wilson wrote:
Wow. This site is awesome. 'Wilson York' is an anagram of "Silky or now." And while I'm not one to resort to such an easy joke, I confess that the first words that ran through my mind when I read that were, "That's what she said." Even though "silky or now" doesn't even really make any kind of sense.
'Jeremy Carr Long' is an anagram of 'Grrr Enjoy camel'
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 21st, 2010, 10:20 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:My car is in the shop getting a major maintenance job today. I hope its done in time for me to get to Kenansville to watch Max's game this afternoon.
You hitting up DukePA for a loan to pay for today's major service? =)) =)) =)) Those things can get mucho expensive!

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 21st, 2010, 10:39 am

Miles wrote:
wilson wrote:
'Jeremy Carr Long' is an anagram of 'Grrr Enjoy camel'

We don't need to hear about you enjoying a camel :naughty: :naughty:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------