LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 11th, 2010, 4:19 pm

I emailed one of the guys who runs dukeupdate.com about posting a link on their site back to CTN, which he agreed to do, so yay! and thanks much to them for it. I've also posted a link to them on ours. (As well as a link to over yonder and goduke.com)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » January 11th, 2010, 6:21 pm

BTW, all the new updates look great!! Nice job and thanks!!
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 11th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Turk wrote:BTW, all the new updates look great!! Nice job and thanks!!
Glad you like them, I don't see any more major changes coming anytime soon, just gonna get used to the ones we have now and optimize them a bit.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 11th, 2010, 6:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Glad you like them, I don't see any more major changes coming anytime soon, just gonna get used to the ones we have now and optimize them a bit.
Is there a way to put a link in Our House to the Front Page? Or is it here & I just don't know it?
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 11th, 2010, 6:32 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Is there a way to put a link in Our House to the Front Page? Or is it here & I just don't know it?
That's the one thing I've been trying to figure out this week that I've had no success on yet. Still working on it.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 11th, 2010, 11:55 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: Glad you like them, I don't see any more major changes coming anytime soon, just gonna get used to the ones we have now and optimize them a bit.
That's the one thing I've been trying to figure out this week that I've had no success on yet. Still working on it.
AHA!!!!!!! Now, at the top of the page, above "user control panel", you see a button that says "home". Click it.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 12th, 2010, 12:29 am

DukieInKansas wrote: quote="CameronBornAndBred"
Glad you like them, I don't see any more major changes coming anytime soon, just gonna get used to the ones we have now and optimize them a bit. /quote

AHA!!!!!!! Now, at the top of the page, above "user control panel", you see a button that says "home". Click it.
Thank you! You are amazing. :ymhug: ^:)^ :ymhug: ^:)^
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 12th, 2010, 5:45 am

Good Morning, all! ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 12th, 2010, 5:49 am

Don't read this if you don't want to see plot spoilers for the movie Avatar.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap. ... -avatar-ap

OMG. Can we say "over-analyze"? I agree with the woman that commented on the movie, like I said in my review on this board a while ago, why can't we just ignore all that crap and enjoy a movie once in a while? Why does EVERYTHING have to have an agenda? Why does EVERYTHING have to be about race? I seriously doubt any of the actors and actresses of color that were in the movie would have done it if they had a problem with it. Can't we just leave it at that?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2010, 6:38 am

bjornolf wrote:Don't read this if you don't want to see plot spoilers for the movie Avatar.

OMG. Can we say "over-analyze"? I agree with the woman that commented on the movie, like I said in my review on this board a while ago, why can't we just ignore all that crap and enjoy a movie once in a while? Why does EVERYTHING have to have an agenda? Why does EVERYTHING have to be about race? I seriously doubt any of the actors and actresses of color that were in the movie would have done it if they had a problem with it. Can't we just leave it at that?

%%-
Agreed. Can't we all just agree that the movie, had it not been for the dazzling f/x, was actually a pile of crap? ;-)
sMiles
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 12th, 2010, 7:39 am

Time for work...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2010, 7:40 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Time for work...
And now....it's time to make the donuts.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 12th, 2010, 7:46 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Time for work...
And now....it's time to make the donuts.
Yup, heading out early this morning.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 12th, 2010, 9:45 am

Miles wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Don't read this if you don't want to see plot spoilers for the movie Avatar.

%%-
Agreed. Can't we all just agree that the movie, had it not been for the dazzling f/x, was actually a pile of crap? ;-)
What about those that are now suffering depression after seeing the movie? Apparently, they are depressed that they can't live in the make believe world from the movie (was it called Pandora?). http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

These people need some serious help.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2010, 10:09 am

DukieInKansas wrote: What about those that are now suffering depression after seeing the movie? Apparently, they are depressed that they can't live in the make believe world from the movie (was it called Pandora?). http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

They need to watch the movie more carefully. It's pretty clear from the start that just about everything on Pandora tries to kill you.
Miles

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2010, 12:04 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Miles wrote:

%%-
What about those that are now suffering depression after seeing the movie? Apparently, they are depressed that they can't live in the make believe world from the movie (was it called Pandora?). http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Damn, I bet they (the suicidal Avatar depressionists) miss the tragic irony: Nobody in Pandora kills themselves because it's so awesome.
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 12th, 2010, 12:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: What about those that are now suffering depression after seeing the movie? Apparently, they are depressed that they can't live in the make believe world from the movie (was it called Pandora?). http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

This belongs in the "You can't be serious!" thread. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. I think bleeding heart James Cameron should pay for their therapy. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles

Post by Miles » January 12th, 2010, 1:04 pm

bjornolf wrote:

This belongs in the "You can't be serious!" thread. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. I think bleeding heart James Cameron should pay for their therapy. ;)

%%-
Definitely cry. This is not good.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Depending on the style of the board software you use, you (most of you) will notice the colors changed. Now, like the front page, it uses the official Duke prussian blue.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 12th, 2010, 5:58 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Depending on the style of the board software you use, you (most of you) will notice the colors changed. Now, like the front page, it uses the official Duke prussian blue.
Yeah, I like the New Blue!
Class of 2014