Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » December 21st, 2009, 11:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My furnace is making an awful noise. It sounds a bit like a belt and disk sander. A loud, grinding noise, specifically. It starts when the furnace kicks on and runs for almost the entire time that the furnace is running. What the heck is going on? How worried should I be? I called a heat and air company and left a message for a call back tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a problem that will cause my furnace to croak.
Wasn't there an issue with your furnace before you bought the condo?
Good memory, Tilly! This is a "new" furnace that the buyers had sitting around. It's actually 10 yrs old, but it's newer than the furnace that was originally in the unit. It failed the Laclede Gas inspection.

Just to be safe, I made a quick trip to Target to buy a space heater and a CO detector. Should've had the CO detector all along.
AD ... good thinking! I'd be calling my HVAC guy!!!! I'm not a rocket scientist, but doesn't sound right! I had similiar experiences just before July 4th weekend and had to replace entire unit ... I witnessed the HVAC guy (about 6' 5", 275 lbs I suspect) put his foot against my house and say man you were lucky... the compressor unit (outside) wouldn't stop running and it could have burn't my house down! hind sight... damn, I wished I would have NOT called, but at least I'm safe and warm right now as we speak! ;)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 22nd, 2009, 6:47 am

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Tilly, thanks also! I think this is the first time I've gotten shin kicks (Glad they aren't mine) support! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) I need to post in the milestone thread! =)) =)) =))
The shin kickers always come to the aid of family and friends. We wouldn't kick your shins, unless you did something to hurt our Cathy.
Tilly, have you MET the two of them (rhetorical question, I know you have)? It's FAR more likely to go the other way around. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 22nd, 2009, 6:49 am

Good morning, all. ~o)

No school for the kids yesterday or today because of the snow.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 22nd, 2009, 7:50 am

Inching closer to another goal...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 7:57 am

bjornolf wrote:Good morning, all. ~o)

%%-
When are they off for their winter break?
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 22nd, 2009, 8:40 am

TillyGalore wrote:

%%-
Today was supposed to be their last day. They're off 'til January 4th.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 8:41 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

%%-

%%-
Will they have to make it up later?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 22nd, 2009, 8:41 am

ArkieDukie wrote: Here's the thing, though: furnace off, fan on - no loud racket. Wouldn't that mean that the fan is okay? With that being said, the noise is remarkably like the one that you hear in a car when there's an issue with the fan.
You have exceeded my online diagnostic data base. I second the recommendation that you call your HVAC folks and have them take a look at it. Did you get any sort of homeowner's warranty when you closed?

One final thought - if the noise is only when heat is on, the higher temperature is causing something in the motor to expand and go out of whack. Doesn't help much, I know.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 22nd, 2009, 8:55 am

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Will they have to make it up later?
No, they have five snow days built in. This'll use up 1.5 of them.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 9:16 am

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1 ... 1141959554

Here are pics of the pup I talked about last week. Despite our best efforts, we have been unable to locate her family. As she has found her way into our hearts we are keeping her forever, or until her family shows up in a reasonable amount of time.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 22nd, 2009, 9:30 am

TillyGalore wrote:http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1 ... 1141959554

Here are pics of the pup I talked about last week. Despite our best efforts, we have been unable to locate her family. As she has found her way into our hearts we are keeping her forever, or until her family shows up in a reasonable amount of time.
how could anyone not fall in love with her. i can't wait to meet her. :ymhug: and kisses from harley & me. :)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » December 22nd, 2009, 9:31 am

Ahh, Tilly she is adorable! I can see why she has got ya...!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 9:35 am

cl15876 wrote:

She is also K68's dog, we have "shared custody". :)) :))

As this is the first pet we've had together, it's been interesting to see the differences in parenting. I told K68 the other night that if we had kids, he would most certainly be the disciplinarian and I would be the push-over.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » December 22nd, 2009, 9:39 am

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

She is also K68's dog, we have "shared custody". :)) :))

As this is the first pet we've had together, it's been interesting to see the differences in parenting. I told K68 the other night that if we had kids, he would most certainly be the disciplinarian and I would be the push-over.
Too cute! :)) :)) :)) I was actually going to say that you and K68 were going to make great parents, but didn't want to jump the gun!!! ;) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :o3 :o3 :o3
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 9:57 am

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:She is also K68's dog, we have "shared custody". :)) :))

Too cute! :)) :)) :)) I was actually going to say that you and K68 were going to make great parents, but didn't want to jump the gun!!! ;) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :o3 :o3 :o3
I've tried to use inclusive language so everyone would know she is mine and K68's.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 22nd, 2009, 10:05 am

DukeUsul wrote:Last minute plans to get in the car with my mother tomorrow and drive up to Cape Cod to get her mother (84 or so) and drive her back to South Jersey all in the same day. My parents had planned to do this over the weekend in conjunction with the big family party up there, but the blizzard changed those plans.

Couldn't let my mom go do that drive all on her own.
You are a good son! Safe travels.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » December 22nd, 2009, 10:55 am

TillyGalore wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:She is also K68's dog, we have "shared custody". :)) :))

I've tried to use inclusive language so everyone would know she is mine and K68's.
Tilly - you've done a excellent job! I wanna see the pics of her jumping up on Daddy and licking him silly when he comes home! By the way, I might have missed this but have you two decided on a final name yet?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 11:13 am

cl15876 wrote:Tilly - you've done a excellent job! I wanna see the pics of her jumping up on Daddy and licking him silly when he comes home! By the way, I might have missed this but have you two decided on a final name yet?
I'll try to capture a pic of her jumping on Daddy when he comes home.

Her name is Vesper Lynd, though we call her Vesper.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 22nd, 2009, 11:13 am

Oh, Tilly, she is adorable! She is lucky to have found such wonderful parents in you and K68.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 22nd, 2009, 11:17 am

CathyCA wrote:

Oh, Tilly, she is adorable! She is lucky to have found such wonderful parents in you and K68.
Thank you, Cathy. And, thanks again for your insight last night. I like the finders/keepers argument. :D