LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 13th, 2009, 7:40 am

YmoBeThere wrote:What makes NY style pizza NY style?
The crust (thin). And the taste!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » December 13th, 2009, 8:06 am

Dreary day outside. A perfect day to make chili and watch football. Chuck roast was on a sale this week, buy one get one, so I'll be seeing how that goes down. Now I just gotta get a fire going in the rain so I can smoke my tomatoes.
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 13th, 2009, 8:21 am

It's Lessons and Carols day! Cathy and DinK, are you both doing L&C today, too? I've been working on my part in the Biebl Ave Maria trio, familiarizing myself with verses of O Come All Ye Faithful that I've never seen before (we're processing with candles - imagine doing that while trying to sing unfamiliar words), and memorizing our Choral Response for after the Benediction (Of the Father's Love Begotten). L&C always gets me into the holiday spirit.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » December 13th, 2009, 8:34 am

My baby, Andrew, is 16 today. How did that happen? Cause I'm not 16 years older than when I had him! ;)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 13th, 2009, 8:52 am

Bostondevil wrote:My baby, Andrew, is 16 today. How did that happen? Cause I'm not 16 years older than when I had him! ;)
Happy Birthday, Andrew!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 13th, 2009, 8:53 am

I'm making beef jerky today. And two pies, cherry and apple. Right after I finish this bloody mary.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2009, 9:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
C'mon, Oz, you can do better than that. ;) :D

It can't be too thin and the edge must be slightly chewy. Pizza Butt (and others) make a thin crust pizza but that :poo: ain't NY style pizza. The cheese must be 100% mozzarella and gooey. The other toppings must be quality stuff, especially the Italian sausage. And fruit, chicken, BBQ sauce, and other assorted (fill in the blank) toppings do NOT belong on a pizza.

Any other questions? :D

I'd be curious to read what others thought made it "authentic."

And, yes, I know, "real" Italian pizza is WAY different than what they serve at Ray's, La Famiglia and Sami's ;) :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles

Post by Miles » December 13th, 2009, 9:03 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm making beef jerky today. And two pies, cherry and apple. Right after I finish this bloody mary.
I'll be there in six hours! Wouldn't it be cool if I could find a hotplate or something that hooks up to the lighter in the car?!? I could have chili on wheels.
:-bd
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 13th, 2009, 9:29 am

ArkieDukie wrote:It's Lessons and Carols day! Cathy and DinK, are you both doing L&C today, too? I've been working on my part in the Biebl Ave Maria trio, familiarizing myself with verses of O Come All Ye Faithful that I've never seen before (we're processing with candles - imagine doing that while trying to sing unfamiliar words), and memorizing our Choral Response for after the Benediction (Of the Father's Love Begotten). L&C always gets me into the holiday spirit.
Good luck, ArkieDukie and DinK!

Today is our Messiah performance at 4:00. If anyone is in the Greenville area, we'd love to have you join us at Jarvis Memorial UMC this afternoon.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 13th, 2009, 9:35 am

Bostondevil wrote:My baby, Andrew, is 16 today. How did that happen? Cause I'm not 16 years older than when I had him! ;)
it happens to the best of us. i love having birthdays. :)) :))

happy birthda andrew. :) :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 13th, 2009, 9:37 am

Miles wrote:Dreary day outside. A perfect day to make chili and watch football. Chuck roast was on a sale this week, buy one get one, so I'll be seeing how that goes down. Now I just gotta get a fire going in the rain so I can smoke my tomatoes.
yum. wish i was there.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 13th, 2009, 9:39 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm making beef jerky today. And two pies, cherry and apple. Right after I finish this bloody mary.
busy day ahead for you. pie, that sounds really good. :)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 13th, 2009, 9:54 am

Miles wrote:
I'll be there in six hours! Wouldn't it be cool if I could find a hotplate or something that hooks up to the lighter in the car?!? I could have chili on wheels.
:-bd
All you would need is an inverter and a crockpot. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 13th, 2009, 10:18 am

Sweet 16! Hope he has kissed,and been kissed by a girl of his choice, or will soon! Happy Birthday to Andrew!

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 13th, 2009, 10:43 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

It can't be too thin and the edge must be slightly chewy. Pizza Butt (and others) make a thin crust pizza but that :poo: ain't NY style pizza. The cheese must be 100% mozzarella and gooey. The other toppings must be quality stuff, especially the Italian sausage. And fruit, chicken, BBQ sauce, and other assorted (fill in the blank) toppings do NOT belong on a pizza.

And, yes, I know, "real" Italian pizza is WAY different than what they serve at Ray's, La Famiglia and Sami's ;) :D .
It's very much like NY Bagels as well...

... it's in the water. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2009, 11:06 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The crust (thin). And the taste!

It's very much like NY Bagels as well...

... it's in the water. ;)
IDK about that. I think with bagels, it's about all the ingredients and how they are cooked (aren't they boiled and baked, or vice versa?). Ozzie can take you to Sami's or Angelo's in Smithfield/Selma, or, I can take you to Tony's/Vincent's/Dominic's in Raleigh, and it is darn fine pizza. Plus, we don't have to spend a day on the road/in the air getting there :D .
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 13th, 2009, 11:20 am

devildeac wrote:IDK about that. I think with bagels, it's about all the ingredients and how they are cooked (aren't they boiled and baked, or vice versa?). Ozzie can take you to Sami's or Angelo's in Smithfield/Selma, or, I can take you to Tony's/Vincent's/Dominic's in Raleigh, and it is darn fine pizza. Plus, we don't have to spend a day on the road/in the air getting there :D .

Is it true of Pastrami(I think) sandwiches? Surely the same ingredients can be got in NC as in NY?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 13th, 2009, 11:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:IDK about that. I think with bagels, it's about all the ingredients and how they are cooked (aren't they boiled and baked, or vice versa?). Ozzie can take you to Sami's or Angelo's in Smithfield/Selma, or, I can take you to Tony's/Vincent's/Dominic's in Raleigh, and it is darn fine pizza. Plus, we don't have to spend a day on the road/in the air getting there :D .

Is it true of Pastrami(I think) sandwiches? Surely the same ingredients can be got in NC as in NY?
The Carnegie Deli makes their own corned beef and pastrami. Nothing else tastes as good as theirs, IMHO.

And one week from this very instant, I will be stuffed with their fine food and heading back home with extra provisions in a cooler!

DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 13th, 2009, 12:14 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

The Carnegie Deli makes their own corned beef and pastrami. Nothing else tastes as good as theirs, IMHO.

And one week from this very instant, I will be stuffed with their fine food and heading back home with extra provisions in a cooler!
My nephew Max and I were just discussing what we plan to order at the Carnegie Deli this coming weekend. Cannot wait!!!!!! Go Duke!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2009, 12:34 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

I think that would (not Woodie :D :roll: ) apply to either pastrami or corned beef. I'll look at/reply to Ozzie's post in a bit 'cuz I know he's got one.