LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 18th, 2009, 12:17 am

Every time I read Wilson's post now, whether it's funny or not, I laugh. Damn volleyball.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 18th, 2009, 12:23 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Done Disney, that was lots of fun. Never been to San Diego. I know they have Sea World there. The only Sea World I've been to was in Japan. Lucky fish in those tanks, they can't be turned into sushi, and they aren't allowed to hunt the whales.
Funny you mention the lucky fish. My brother in law runs the fish farm/hatchery in San Diego funded by the Sea World owners. They are repopulating the OCEAN with a certain species of some fish. Repopulating the ocean! Those fish may become sushi!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2009, 12:25 am

Just for the record, I love Disney. Disney World, Disneyland, whatever...I love them. My parents took me to Disney World for my 4th birthday (Are you kidding? Gonna be damn tough to top that, ever, for the rest of my life), and pretty much ever since then, I've been hooked. I know I've shared all of this with y'all before, but it still applies, and this seemed like an appropriate time and place to share that (again).
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » May 18th, 2009, 1:03 am

wilson wrote:Just for the record, I love Disney. Disney World, Disneyland, whatever...I love them. My parents took me to Disney World for my 4th birthday (Are you kidding? Gonna be damn tough to top that, ever, for the rest of my life), and pretty much ever since then, I've been hooked. I know I've shared all of this with y'all before, but it still applies, and this seemed like an appropriate time and place to share that (again).
I was soured on Disney when, after I started sliding out of the Space Mountain seat, my mom chose to save her purse first, then grab for me. She said she figured I could hang on longer, and she had all the travelers' checks in her purse.... :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 18th, 2009, 9:50 am

I’m polymerized tree sap and you’re an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original trajectory and adheres to you.

I love Windsor's signature. Geek insult.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 18th, 2009, 10:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I’m polymerized tree sap and you’re an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original trajectory and adheres to you.

It is part of the Gospel according to Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 18th, 2009, 10:28 am

windsor wrote:

I don't recall Dr. Cooper saying as much, though it wouldn't surprise. me. I love that show!
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2009, 10:32 am

windsor wrote:

"A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need [a geek insult], then Sheldon's your man. But humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name...'Do it to me Sheldon.' 'You're an animal, Sheldon.' 'Ride me, big Shelll-don.'
Doesn't work."
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 18th, 2009, 10:38 am

wilson wrote:"A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need [a geek insult], then Sheldon's your man. But humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name...'Do it to me Sheldon.' 'You're an animal, Sheldon.' 'Ride me, big Shelll-don.'
Doesn't work."
Sorry for the following reflex alert: Shelden. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 18th, 2009, 10:42 am

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:"A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need [a geek insult], then Sheldon's your man. But humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name...'Do it to me Sheldon.' 'You're an animal, Sheldon.' 'Ride me, big Shelll-don.'
Doesn't work."
I think, in this case, it is actually Sheldon :-!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 18th, 2009, 10:44 am

"A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need [a geek insult], then Sheldon's your man. But humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name...'Do it to me Sheldon.' 'You're an animal, Sheldon.' 'Ride me, big Shelll-don.'
Doesn't work."
Ahhh, "When Harry Met Sally," one of my alltime favorite movies!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » May 18th, 2009, 10:44 am

Lavabe wrote:
I knew that was coming; I just wondered from whom.
But in light of Candace Parker's recent news, it seems that "Do it to me, Shelden" does work... :-o
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » May 18th, 2009, 10:45 am

TillyGalore wrote:I don't recall Dr. Cooper saying as much, though it wouldn't surprise. me. I love that show!
He says it to Leslie in the cafeteria when they are insulting each other. Big Bang is one of my most favoritest shows :D

Did I spell Cooper right?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 18th, 2009, 10:47 am

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I knew that was coming; I just wondered from whom.
But in light of Candace Parker's recent news, it seems that "Do it to me, Shelden" does work... :-o
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! ^#(^ ^#(^ ^#(^ ^#(^

Well done, wilson! :ar!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 18th, 2009, 10:54 am

windsor wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I don't recall Dr. Cooper saying as much, though it wouldn't surprise. me. I love that show!
He says it to Leslie in the cafeteria when they are insulting each other. Big Bang is one of my most favoritest shows :D

Did I spell Cooper right?
Oh yeah, no I remember. I love when she is on, and I love how she antagonizes everyone. hee hee
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 18th, 2009, 10:55 am

Woo hoo, we have the most people viewing the board today than we've ever had before.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 18th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Did anybody see the HIMYM crew on Family Guy last night. Barney and Ted and Marshall were on there doing their schtick, then king Stewie ordered them executed them for not being funny. It was pretty hysterical.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 18th, 2009, 12:45 pm

I think it was DA (another unfortunate shortening) who asked about bad backs. I keep thinking I'll go to the doctor, but I'm afraid what he'll tell me. My kids like to rough house with me, which is generally fine. Sometimes I'll lay on the floor and let them sit on me. Last year, though, Michael, the younger crazy son, jumped off the top of the couch arm (about three feet off the ground) and landed on my lower back with both knees. I heard a crunch and a pop and numbness radiated down my legs for a few seconds. Ever since then, my right side gets really stiff every night when I sleep. If I wake up to go to the bathroom or something after about 3:00, I often can't get back to sleep. But if I feel really carefully with my fingers, it seems to be radiating from my spine. So, I'm starting to worry that I may have a bulging or herniated or even cracked disk. It generally loosens up within a little while of me getting up and stretching it, but it does get stiff again sometimes during the day (usually more in the spine than the side, that seems to be reserved for night time). I've tried sleeping in every position I can think of. Back works best for my side, but then my neck gets really stiff and hurts, cause i have to lie on my back with my neck turned sideways and a little up to keep from waking up my wife with my snoring.

I've tried going to the chiropractor, but that only seems to help for a few hours, and does NOT extend into even one night.

My dad, BTW, has the worst back of anyone I know. He started doing a paper route at age 8, then got a job as a stocker for a market (Von's in Cali). Back then, they didn't teach you about lifting with the legs, and they didn't have fancy back braces or carts to roll the boxes around on. He was always a small, thin kid, and carrying all those boxes did a lot of damage. He's now in his 60s, and his back's brutal. His doctor told him he not only has several bulging and herniated disks, but his vertebrae, in an effort to protect themselves, have started fusing together into a curved rod. His shoulders are hunched permanently, cause that's the way they're fusing. It's NOT pretty. He has his own ultrasound therapy machine that my mom uses on him twice a day, and he does muscle stim with a tens unit a few times a day, plus he's on a bunch of meds for it, but that's barely enough to help him get moving in the morning. It's NOT fun.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 18th, 2009, 1:31 pm

bjornolf wrote:I think it was DA (another unfortunate shortening) who asked about bad backs. I keep thinking I'll go to the doctor, but I'm afraid what he'll tell me. My kids like to rough house with me, which is generally fine. Sometimes I'll lay on the floor and let them sit on me. Last year, though, Michael, the younger crazy son, jumped off the top of the couch arm (about three feet off the ground) and landed on my lower back with both knees. I heard a crunch and a pop and numbness radiated down my legs for a few seconds. Ever since then, my right side gets really stiff every night when I sleep. If I wake up to go to the bathroom or something after about 3:00, I often can't get back to sleep. But if I feel really carefully with my fingers, it seems to be radiating from my spine. So, I'm starting to worry that I may have a bulging or herniated or even cracked disk. It generally loosens up within a little while of me getting up and stretching it, but it does get stiff again sometimes during the day (usually more in the spine than the side, that seems to be reserved for night time). I've tried sleeping in every position I can think of. Back works best for my side, but then my neck gets really stiff and hurts, cause i have to lie on my back with my neck turned sideways and a little up to keep from waking up my wife with my snoring.

I've tried going to the chiropractor, but that only seems to help for a few hours, and does NOT extend into even one night.

My dad, BTW, has the worst back of anyone I know. He started doing a paper route at age 8, then got a job as a stocker for a market (Von's in Cali). Back then, they didn't teach you about lifting with the legs, and they didn't have fancy back braces or carts to roll the boxes around on. He was always a small, thin kid, and carrying all those boxes did a lot of damage. He's now in his 60s, and his back's brutal. His doctor told him he not only has several bulging and herniated disks, but his vertebrae, in an effort to protect themselves, have started fusing together into a curved rod. His shoulders are hunched permanently, cause that's the way they're fusing. It's NOT pretty. He has his own ultrasound therapy machine that my mom uses on him twice a day, and he does muscle stim with a tens unit a few times a day, plus he's on a bunch of meds for it, but that's barely enough to help him get moving in the morning. It's NOT fun.

%%-
Man, this post hurts. SORRY to hear about this... for both you and your dad.

If this post doesn't get Greybeard here, I don't know what will. I'd be interested to see how the Feldenkrais poster would respond to this. Are you on any pain meds?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 18th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Me? No. I'm not a pain med fan. I metabolize drugs and alcohol at an alarming rate. I have the liver of an elephant or something. I always wake up much quicker after surgery and need more anesthesia than doctors expect. When I had my appendix out, I warned them, and the anesthesiologist gave me enough to knock out a horse, according to her. She told me afterwards that she even upped it DURING surgery cause I started showing signs of waking up. When I got out of surgery, they told her I wouldn't wake up til the next day and she should go get some rest. I was waking up before they even rolled me out of surgery. I told her I loved her and I was fine as they rolled me out. They told her I was still out and wouldn't even remember it. I remembered it very well. I woke up fully in the recovery room about five minutes after they rolled me in there and shocked the you know what out of the nurse in there, whose back was to me. When they rolled me into my own room, I called her... about ten minutes after she got home from the hospital. She was so upset that she'd left. Similar things happened when I was 8 and got my tonsils out and later when I had my wisdom teeth out and again when I had my pilonidal sinus operated on.

Anyway, pain meds are the same for me. Even the strong stuff helps me for about half an hour, then wears off. Same thing with alcohol. I can't drink it fast enough to stay drunk without drinking DANGEROUS levels.

Luckily, I also have a pretty high pain tolerance, which also worries me. I wonder if my back is worse than I think it is. For example, when I thought I had appendicitis, the ER doctor arrogantly told me I was wrong. It definitely hurt, but it was tolerable. He told me that the lady down the hall who was screaming in pain had appendicitis and that I clearly didn't. He decided to check my prostate and almost tore me in half stuffing his entire fist up there (my wife was even uncomfortable watching that). Then he took my blood and found that my white count was higher than the woman screaming down the hall. They did some test (I think a lower GI) and found that my appendix lit up like a Christmas tree. So much for him. He didn't even apologize, the ass. Aw, well, 'tis life. Then they put me in a hall for about two hours telling me they were booking an OR, then a room for about fifteen hours (I didn't eat for almost 28 hours at that point, and the guy next to me had a family that brought him a fresh fish fry...I almost died from the smell it was so good), never telling me what was going on. I knew that an appendix only lasted so long in that state, but every time I asked, they just upped my morphine, not that that did much for me after about the first hour. I wasn't even complaining about pain, I just wanted to know what was going on. At about midnight, they rolled me into an OR prep room, and the surgeon came in. He pushed REALLY hard and my appendix, then said I couldn't have appendicitis cause I wasn't crying. He also started giving me crap about my weight. So, he went off to find the films. About half an hour later, he came back and said my appendix would probably be fine for 24-48 hours if I wanted to go home and come back in the morning. After not eating for 28 hours, I told him to go ahead and get it out. So, I had two different doctors not believe that I had appendicitis just because I wasn't crying like a baby. I also didn't go to the doctor for almost a week when I tore up my knee until I basically couldn't limp on it. And I didn't go to the doctor for almost a month when I tore my rotator cuff until my arm was basically useless. So, I'm starting to worry that I'm damaging it more by NOT having it checked out.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...