Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 4:50 pm
Trump saying the Democrats are against the Bible is like Roy saying Coach K is against basketball players taking legitimate classes. Trump is the polar opposite of all values discussed in the Bible.
During their debate, Biden should challenge Trump to quote ANYTHING from the Bible.
"C'mon Donny, just a little proverb, you can do it!"
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
gumbomoop
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by gumbomoop » August 3rd, 2020, 6:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
Trump saying the Democrats are against the Bible is like Roy saying Coach K is against basketball players taking legitimate classes. Trump is the polar opposite of all values discussed in the Bible.
During their debate, Biden should challenge Trump to quote ANYTHING from the Bible.
“Jesus wept.” Trump probably already uses this as a common expletive, anyway. On the golf course.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2020, 6:13 pm

Post office won't be able to handle the election because "they have very old equipment".
Trump just said that in his presser. That's a new one.
dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by dudog » August 3rd, 2020, 6:33 pm

August 3rd, 2020, 6:13 pm
Post office won't be able to handle the election because "they have very old equipment".
Melania said the same thing about him.
dudog

Post by dudog » August 3rd, 2020, 6:35 pm

August 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
It's been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOCcThLYdEQ

Sarah Cooper is my new crush. Move over Charlize!
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » August 3rd, 2020, 7:18 pm

dudog wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 6:35 pm

Sarah Cooper is my new crush. Move over Charlize!
Sarah’s latest tweet (not her as the actor):

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/760 ... 27936?s=21

And Charlize, you can sit next to me any time.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2020, 8:52 pm

dudog wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 6:33 pm
August 3rd, 2020, 6:13 pm
Melania said the same thing about him.
Dudog wins the internet for the day. =))
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » August 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm

What about this little gem of news today...

Manhattan prosecutors on Monday asked a federal judge to dismiss President Donald Trump's lawsuit challenging a subpoena for his financial records, emphasizing that their investigation extends beyond hush-money payments and pointing to public reports of "extensive and protracted criminal conduct" at the Trump Organization.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 3rd, 2020, 10:28 pm

Furniture wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm

Manhattan prosecutors on Monday asked a federal judge to dismiss President Donald Trump's lawsuit challenging a subpoena for his financial records, emphasizing that their investigation extends beyond hush-money payments and pointing to public reports of "extensive and protracted criminal conduct" at the Trump Organization.
Think he has a little extra incentive to hold onto office? :-\ :ymtongue:
Furniture

Post by Furniture » August 3rd, 2020, 11:12 pm

Furniture wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm

While we speculate what Trump himself might do to change the dynamic in his favor there are plenty of things that can go against him such as the above and another interesting one will be Michael Cohens book which is supposed to come out in September. That should be fun. It probably will not move the numbers but hopefully it will help with reinforcement and hold them steady.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
OPK

Post by OPK » August 4th, 2020, 7:29 am

Trump saying he won’t banTikTok if it is sold to a US company — and the government gets a cut:

https://twitter.com/wsj/status/1290608768582115338?s=21

Nothing like an old-fashioned shakedown. Trump knows quid-pro-quo.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » August 4th, 2020, 9:14 am

OPK wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 7:29 am
Trump saying he won’t banTikTok if it is sold to a US company — and the government gets a cut:

Trump has no leverage here. Microsoft wasn't even looking to make the purchase and is bargain hunting at this point. How is it in their best interests to make an additional (potentially illegal) payment to the U.S. government? Go ahead, ban TikTok. See how it plays in the election. No skin off Microsoft's teeth. Trump loves to engage in brinksmanship, but doing that sort of presupposes that there is an actual brink.
OPK

Post by OPK » August 4th, 2020, 9:28 am

Phredd3 wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:14 am
OPK wrote:

Trump has no leverage here. Microsoft wasn't even looking to make the purchase and is bargain hunting at this point. How is it in their best interests to make an additional (potentially illegal) payment to the U.S. government? Go ahead, ban TikTok. See how it plays in the election. No skin off Microsoft's teeth. Trump loves to engage in brinksmanship, but doing that sort of presupposes that there is an actual brink.
:spork:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 4th, 2020, 9:30 am

Phredd3 wrote:
OPK wrote:

MSFT can save money by buying them in January. :D
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 4th, 2020, 10:30 am

I have been meaning to watch this interview of Trump on Axios - I saw some clips and the interviewer pulled no punches across a number of topics. My favorite item from this article is that when discussing his relationship with John Lewis, Trump said "Nobody has done more for black Americans than I have." So he is saying that he has done more for black Americans than John Lewis did? And his typical passive aggressive comment that Lewis did a lot for civil rights, "but there were many others also."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 52501.html
JWill Stan
PW in training
PW in training

Post by JWill Stan » August 4th, 2020, 10:46 am

Phredd3 wrote:
OPK wrote:
<span><span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Noted Chode</span> saying he won’t banTikTok if it is sold to a US company — and the government gets a cut:</span>

<span>Nothing like an old-fashioned shakedown. <span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Cockjerk Orange</span> knows quid-pro-quo.</span>
<span><span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Smegma Pudding Pop</span> has no leverage here. Microsoft wasn't even looking to make the purchase and is bargain hunting at this point. How is it in their best interests to make an additional (potentially illegal) payment to the U.S. government? Go ahead, ban TikTok. See how it plays in the election. No skin off Microsoft's teeth. <span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Pussygrabber Galore</span> loves to engage in brinksmanship, but doing that sort of presupposes that there is an actual brink.</span>
What he's succeeding in doing is flooding the zone with shit - by spending time on this BS we aren't talking about his *administration's pathetic pandemic response, his bad poll numbers, the lack of attendance at his Mussolini rallies, his losing battle against the BLM protests, the Manhattan DA's investigation into his criminal enterprise, continued violations of the emoluments clause...the list goes on. Classic Russian propaganda/disinformation techniques: https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE198.html

I am ignoring TikTok as it will fade in a week and he'll move onto something else...which I will also ignore
Detrumpify FTW
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 4th, 2020, 11:14 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:30 am
I have been meaning to watch this interview of Trump on Axios - I saw some clips and the interviewer pulled no punches across a number of topics. My favorite item from this article is that when discussing his relationship with John Lewis, Trump said "Nobody has done more for black Americans than I have." So he is saying that he has done more for black Americans than John Lewis did? And his typical passive aggressive comment that Lewis did a lot for civil rights, "but there were many others also."

Hell, he's said he's done more for black folks than Lincoln.
Also, when talking about COVID deaths, in that same interview he basically said "shit happens".
OPK

Post by OPK » August 4th, 2020, 1:05 pm

August 4th, 2020, 11:14 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:30 am

Hell, he's said he's done more for black folks than Lincoln.
Also, when talking about COVID deaths, in that same interview he basically said "shit happens".
For those that just want the highlights:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/you-cant-do ... than-swan/
gumbomoop
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by gumbomoop » August 4th, 2020, 3:20 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-nagy ... -19-death/

Will this story gain traction? Surely this feeling is shared by some/many. I’m not on any of the (anti)social media, so I don’t really know how to judge the impact of the story “going viral.” (I see the pun, but not funny here.)

Knowing nothing, I speculate: (1) Will people who have lost loved ones take up this cry, so that it becomes a thing? (2) Will this woman receive thousands of hate-replies? (3) Will Trump respond, thus making it a thing?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 4th, 2020, 3:34 pm

gumbomoop wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 3:20 pm
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-nagy ... -19-death/

Will this story gain traction? Surely this feeling is shared by some/many. I’m not on any of the (anti)social media, so I don’t really know how to judge the impact of the story “going viral.” (I see the pun, but not funny here.)

Knowing nothing, I speculate: (1) Will people who have lost loved ones take up this cry, so that it becomes a thing? (2) Will this woman receive thousands of hate-replies? (3) Will Trump respond, thus making it a thing?
The one story won't change much, but it IS another drop in that proverbial bucket, which is actually getting to be closer to swimming pool sized.