NCAA Tournament Discussion

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: NCAA Tournament Discussion

Post by CathyCA » March 25th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Amazing how my FB Holes friends can't mention their win without mentioning Duke in the same post.

How about a simple "Go Team" type post without having to compare or gloat over Duke?

I despise them!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 25th, 2011, 11:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:Amazing how my FB Holes friends can't mention their win without mentioning Duke in the same post.

How about a simple "Go Team" type post without having to compare or gloat over Duke?

I despise them!

Send them this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVKPUNoeI4

And this one:

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball- ... d=20100306
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 26th, 2011, 11:20 am

I understand people being happy about Duke losing - people don't like to see teams that they view as better than them win all the time. I totally get that. What I don't get is acting happy in front of someone you know supports that team. Why would someone gloat over a Duke loss in front of a friend or an acquaintance, or even a stranger, if they know they are a Duke fan.
Life is good!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 26th, 2011, 11:47 am

DukieInKansas wrote:I understand people being happy about Duke losing - people don't like to see teams that they view as better than them win all the time. I totally get that. What I don't get is acting happy in front of someone you know supports that team. Why would someone gloat over a Duke loss in front of a friend or an acquaintance, or even a stranger, if they know they are a Duke fan.
Because they, underneath, have a real feeling of inferiority. Also, it's a matter of unconsciously following the path of least resistance. One of the frailities of human nature, is that it can lead the lazy to seek to tear down those that happen to be more successful, rather than seek the path that leads to their own improvement toward excellence. The latter, being the much more difficult road. Bring the superior down to their level instead of rising themselves up to meet their own betterment.

That's a lotta different ways to say the same stuff, ain't it?
That's a lotta bad English language as well. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 26th, 2011, 12:22 pm

captmojo wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I understand people being happy about Duke losing - people don't like to see teams that they view as better than them win all the time. I totally get that. What I don't get is acting happy in front of someone you know supports that team. Why would someone gloat over a Duke loss in front of a friend or an acquaintance, or even a stranger, if they know they are a Duke fan.
Because they, underneath, have a real feeling of inferiority. Also, it's a matter of unconsciously following the path of least resistance. One of the frailities of human nature, is that it can lead the lazy to seek to tear down those that happen to be more successful, rather than seek the path that leads to their own improvement toward excellence. The latter, being the much more difficult road. Bring the superior down to their level instead of rising themselves up to meet their own betterment.

That's a lotta different ways to say the same stuff, ain't it?
That's a lotta bad English language as well. :twitch:
Yes, there are a lot of ways to say that. I simply think of them as ass-hats/clowns/holes. Can't get much simpler.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 26th, 2011, 3:04 pm

This is exactly why Stevo and I don't rub it in and try to avoid trash talking each others' teams in front of each other. It's just not cool to be mean to someone you're supposed to care about.

That being said, carolina can still go straight to hell! lucky fucking bastards :angry-cussingblack:
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » March 26th, 2011, 5:10 pm

That being said, carolina can still go straight to hell! lucky fucking bastards :angry-cussingblack:[/quote]

Amen sister, PREACH!!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2011, 5:13 pm

robertduke32 wrote:That being said, carolina can still go straight to hell! lucky fucking bastards :angry-cussingblack:
Amen sister, PREACH!!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:[/quote]

I third this statement. carolina can take the non-stop flight.....
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 26th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Nice win by the Bulldogs.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 26th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Yeah, Butler!
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Hell of a game there. Good for Butler. I don't think people yet realize what a remarkable accomplishment it is for a team like Butler to get to the Final Four twice in a row. If they should win it, Brad Stevens will and should get a lifetime contract and perhaps the governorship of Indiana. He should probably get the lifetime contract even if they don't win it.
My nightmare Final Four of unc, UConn, Flarduh, and [insert team here] has now been busted. Now, here's hoping that 'Zona and Kentucky can further diminish the foul taste of the proceedings.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Walter says Go Butler too.
Walt1.jpg
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 7:26 pm

Cathy, it turns out that Lesley Visser's nose is really super crooked on top of everything else. She's quite the Monet when you really pay attention.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 26th, 2011, 8:33 pm

wilson wrote:Walter says Go Butler too.
Walt1.jpg
I agree with Walter! :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 9:17 pm

UConn vs. either carolina or Kentucky in a national semifinal. Disgusting.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 26th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Really is turning into a rather nauseating lineup on the left side of the bracket. Hey, Arizona: :Angry Orc: for your amazingly mediocre performance tonight after winning your "national championship" against us on Thursday night. Great follow-up effort :Boo: .

Anyone know any good meteor cheers?

Closest I can remember is:

2 stars
4 stars
6 stars
A comet
All for kin-tucky/kerlina
Stand up and vomit.
:ymblushing:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 8:32 am

wilson wrote:Hell of a game there. Good for Butler. I don't think people yet realize what a remarkable accomplishment it is for a team like Butler to get to the Final Four twice in a row. If they should win it, Brad Stevens will and should get a lifetime contract and perhaps the governorship of Indiana. He should probably get the lifetime contract even if they don't win it.
My nightmare Final Four of unc, UConn, Flarduh, and [insert team here] has now been busted. Now, here's hoping that 'Zona and Kentucky can further diminish the foul taste of the proceedings.

I'm so happy for Butler!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 8:38 am

wilson wrote:Cathy, it turns out that Lesley Visser's nose is really super crooked on top of everything else. She's quite the Monet when you really pay attention.
I don't understand that. One of my friends (who should know) insists that Lesley has had some work done. Why wouldn't she get that nose fixed in addition to the other work she's had done?

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 8:41 am

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:Cathy, it turns out that Lesley Visser's nose is really super crooked on top of everything else. She's quite the Monet when you really pay attention.
Okay, I'm editing my previous snarky answer in light of this information I just learned: Lesley Visser had a jogging accident in Central Park and has had some surgery to repair the damage from her face plant:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... %2fJogging

Maybe she needs some more surgery. She's engaged to a millionaire. They can afford it.

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 27th, 2011, 11:53 am

CathyCA wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Okay, I'm editing my previous snarky answer in light of this information I just learned: Lesley Visser had a jogging accident in Central Park and has had some surgery to repair the damage from her face plant:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... %2fJogging

Maybe she needs some more surgery. She's engaged to a millionaire. They can afford it.

Easy answer to that problem: Don't wipe out while exercising.
And yes, she's definitely had work. Those eyes have the most ridiculous countenance of perpetual surprise this side of Kenny Rogers.
Maybe we should start our own dedicated snark thread?